Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 74
  1. #1
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,756

    Pre order X-MAXX Canada Update

    One of the largest Hobby Stores in Canada just called me.

    I pre order an X-MAXX November 2nd., I am and currently remain 3rd on the list. They have not yet had ANY X-MAXX units to date, at all.

    Date for delivery was dec 18th, then 28th, then Mid Jan, now mid February.... Yeah.


    Anyone else have similar disappointments attempting to pre order an X-MAXX in Canada.

    Imho, yes, this is ridiculous.

  2. #2
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    25
    I live in Richmond BC and preordered mine at the beginning of Dec . picked it up at my LHS on the 22 of Dec no problems . the shop was able to get 3 and they were all sold before they arrived . it will be worth the wait , I haven't used my dbxl or my 5ive since I got the X Maxx.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier gunbar223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    321
    jeteffect, that is some bad news.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier SkidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quebec,Alma,Lac-St-Jean
    Posts
    298
    Pre-ordered mine dec 21th..... no news since this date!!

    I live in Quebec!!

    P.S.Ordered from a local hobby shop that take her R/C at Horizon Hobby!
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    okotoks calgary
    Posts
    106
    Wow I haven't ordered one but really want to get one. I wonder when they will be available in stores.

  6. #6
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by john250 View Post
    Wow I haven't ordered one but really want to get one. I wonder when they will be available in stores.
    Pre order in Canada it will be mid late February. In stores in stock, likely March. Best get in a pre order list now!

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30
    Wow, I ordered Nov 24... Maybe I'll have mine in time for Canada Day.

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10
    I preordered thru a local hobbytown mid november. They still have not received any at all, and not expected buy any date. I found an independent rc store 30 miles away and they have gotten and sold 16 of them so far. Wish I had known, they are expecting more next week and I may cancel my order here in town and drive over and get one. Can't hardly stand the wait anymore.

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    35
    I look at it ths way, any problems will be solved hopefully by the time we Canadians get them! I'm sure if i had preordered mine id be going crazy too!
    Can't wait to get my hands on one!

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2

    Pre order X-MAXX Canada Update

    Still awaiting one here in the UK pre ordered at beginning of November they were supposed to be getting here on the 11th January but no luck yet.

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMan View Post
    Pre-ordered mine dec 21th..... no news since this date!!

    I live in Quebec!!

    P.S.Ordered from a local hobby shop that take her R/C at Horizon Hobby!
    Did you order from Espace Hobby in Alma ? My uncle ordered his from QTM ( Quebec Teleguide Modelliste ) and he's supposed to get it this week... Supposed is the key word here

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier SkidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quebec,Alma,Lac-St-Jean
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprez View Post
    Did you order from Espace Hobby in Alma ?
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

  13. #13
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2
    Got mine Dec 23. Hobbywholesale (edmonton) got three in, I was third. Love this truck.

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier SkidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quebec,Alma,Lac-St-Jean
    Posts
    298
    Horizon Hobby will receive some news X-maxx 00/00 on her website ..... No day or month its displayed!!!
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

  15. #15
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    29
    I had a hard time getting one and I only live about an hour from Traxxas HQ

  16. #16
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30
    Anyone hear anything about availability lately? I just noticed Traxxas website now has an apology about delays and that they expect stores to receive more units at end of January.

  17. #17
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Anyone hear anything about availability lately? I just noticed Traxxas website now has an apology about delays and that they expect stores to receive more units at end of January.
    Feb still for some big hobby shops in Canada.

    Pls post the link.

  18. #18
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30
    Here's the link on the Traxxas site.

    https://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/X-Maxx

    Availability Update:
    We apologize for the short supply of X-Maxx. We recognize that some stores
    have not even received their first shipments yet. We anticipate stores
    to receive more X-Maxx trucks at the end of January.

    Also noticed that the price in Canada seems to have jumped this week, looks as high as $1149 now. I think it was $1049 before.

  19. #19
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,756
    Thanks for posting this.
    Yes, I've seen it jump also from 1049 to 1149CAD.

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Here's the link on the Traxxas site.

    https://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/X-Maxx

    Availability Update:
    We apologize for the short supply of X-Maxx. We recognize that some stores
    have not even received their first shipments yet. We anticipate stores
    to receive more X-Maxx trucks at the end of January.

    Also noticed that the price in Canada seems to have jumped this week, looks as high as $1149 now. I think it was $1049 before.

    Yes i noticed the price jump too last night. The Canadian dollar is dropping like a rock.

    Does anybody know if they are making changes to the truck or is it just demand?
    Last edited by mcarscad; 01-16-2016 at 07:11 PM.

  21. #21
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,756
    Nothing confirmed that I am aware of.

    Anyone else?

  22. #22
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    87

    Pre order X-MAXX Canada Update

    Unsubstantiated reports and baseless speculations help nobody.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-16-2016 at 08:41 PM.

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier SkidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quebec,Alma,Lac-St-Jean
    Posts
    298
    Horizon Hobby Canada will receive some X-maxx at the end of the month!!!
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

  24. #24
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,756
    Seeing prices now as high as 1210 cad

  25. #25
    RC Qualifier SkidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quebec,Alma,Lac-St-Jean
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Seeing prices now as high as 1210 cad
    Yep......
    1210$ on Horizon Hobby
    1199$ on BestBuy

    December price...1049.99$$
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

  26. #26
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30
    Anyone have any idea which stores are going to honour the preorder prices?

    I ordered from Great Hobbies for I think $1059.

  27. #27
    RC Qualifier SkidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quebec,Alma,Lac-St-Jean
    Posts
    298
    One of my friend pre-order its X-maxx in december and the LHS will honour is preorder (pay 300$ the day of the preorder)
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

  28. #28
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    411
    My uncle wich was supposed to get his last week got told it was going to be mid-February ...

  29. #29
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    411
    Best Buy Canada sells it for 1199.00$

  30. #30
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    8
    I ordered mine in mid December from Hobby Alley in Edmonton and had it late December, for $1049. Just waiting on batteries now. Bestbuy has shown out of stock since they listed the Xmaxx, and yes they jumped up $150 now. Hobby Alley has them for 1119.00 now

  31. #31
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by ostacruiser View Post
    I ordered mine in mid December from Hobby Alley in Edmonton and had it late December, for $1049. Just waiting on batteries now. Bestbuy has shown out of stock since they listed the Xmaxx, and yes they jumped up $150 now. Hobby Alley has them for 1119.00 now
    I'm in the opposite situation. I've got batteries and no X-Maxx. I was able to get 4 of the Traxxas 5000mah batteries from Amazon.ca for $56 a piece just before the holidays but no word on my X-Maxx yet. Hoping that the exchange rate doesn't get any worse before it finally ships.

  32. #32
    RC Racer dwilli9013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Machesney Park Illinois
    Posts
    151
    Pretty surprising on this as a lot of the parts on Flea Bay are coming out of Canada.
    Hope you get your rig soon though you won't be disappointed.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

  33. #33
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    49
    I was able to get a X-Maxx 2 days ago from our lhs (Calgary) but it was the only 1 they received.

  34. #34
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by ostacruiser View Post
    I ordered mine in mid December from Hobby Alley in Edmonton and had it late December, for $1049. Just waiting on batteries now. Bestbuy has shown out of stock since they listed the Xmaxx, and yes they jumped up $150 now. Hobby Alley has them for 1119.00 now
    Hey Ostacruiser, glad to see you here buddy, so you've decided to upgrade the Summit by getting an X-Maxx !!!
    This will make cool vids alongside the Outies and the big 6x6 !!!
    Hope to see the X-Maxx fighting in the muskeg at some point

  35. #35
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    okotoks calgary
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by pblizard View Post
    I was able to get a X-Maxx 2 days ago from our lhs (Calgary) but it was the only 1 they received.
    Oh really I really want one going to wait for my tax rebate. If I get one we should meet up. I have a slash at the moment.

  36. #36
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by john250 View Post
    Oh really I really want one going to wait for my tax rebate. If I get one we should meet up. I have a slash at the moment.
    In the summer I will be down at Blackfoot RC park. I,usually run my slash as well or my Nitro truggy/buggy there. Meet up for sure.

  37. #37
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantT View Post
    Still awaiting one here in the UK pre ordered at beginning of November they were supposed to be getting here on the 11th January but no luck yet.
    New date for the first batch is alledgedly 2nd Feb now

    I cancelled my mid November pre order. Got it at 649 toooo... Oh well.

  38. #38
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprez View Post
    Hey Ostacruiser, glad to see you here buddy, so you've decided to upgrade the Summit by getting an X-Maxx !!!
    This will make cool vids alongside the Outies and the big 6x6 !!!
    Hope to see the X-Maxx fighting in the muskeg at some point
    Hey bud, man I can not wait to rip this baby in the skeg in the Spring, going to gear it down to help turn these massive tires lol, still have the Summit, love that truck. Having a blast with the 6x6 on tracks right now, it's my 1:1 model lol

  39. #39
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by ostacruiser View Post
    Hey bud, man I can not wait to rip this baby in the skeg in the Spring, going to gear it down to help turn these massive tires lol, still have the Summit, love that truck. Having a blast with the 6x6 on tracks right now, it's my 1:1 model lol
    Dude, that 6x6 is an AWESOME beast !!! Loved the snow plowing video, it has so much traction it's ridiculous !!!
    Can't want to see the big X-Maxx battling that killer skeg !!!

  40. #40
    RC Qualifier SkidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quebec,Alma,Lac-St-Jean
    Posts
    298
    Still waiting my Xmaxx...
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •