RC poster

E-Revo Brushless diff

My E-revo has started making a ticking noise when i use it. I run 2x3s batteries and I dont thrash the car. Reading other forums, and as front and rear wheels are all moving together. I can only assume the transmission / centre diff is about to fail. Can anyone make recommendations on alternate diff and transmission parts so I can make this car more bullet proof.
    Thanks for your help!

RC Competitor
    I haven't encounter any diff issue yet but i have had issue with the slipper clutch and the spur gear. You might want to check those parts first before the diff. I don't recommend changing the pinion gear unless you wanna spend hours adjusting the gears meshing setup properly...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by doyle01 View Post
    My E-revo has started making a ticking noise when i use it. I run 2x3s batteries and I dont thrash the car. Reading other forums, and as front and rear wheels are all moving together. I can only assume the transmission / centre diff is about to fail. Can anyone make recommendations on alternate diff and transmission parts so I can make this car more bullet proof.
    Thanks for your help!
    Failed diff ring and pinion doesn't mean your wheels won't move anymore. Start taking out your rear diff and inspect the gears. Mine had a couple teeth off yet still working except it was clicking when I landed.

RC Enthusiast
    It sounds like a diff.(Lol) I just changed my front diff yesterday. My truck had been clicking for a while and I finally got tired of the noise and did not want to break anything else so I took my front diff apart after realizing where the sound was located. I would just listen real good where the noise is coming from an then change out whichever diff it is. I don't read much on this forum about front diffs have an issue but it happens.

RC poster
    Thank you all for your response. It is greatly appreciated.

RC Enthusiast
    You should take the center skid off and then look to see if either diff moves inside the bulk heads. If they do then its almost certain that the diff bearings are shot and if that's the case then you might need to replace a few things.

I had to replace the diff housings, gears , bearings and even the chassis because the diffs were moving around inside the bulkhead.

Also I seem to remember the plastic spur gear making that noise when the mesh was set incorrectly.