RC poster

Merv stopped working

My son's merv just stopped on us. The batteries still have plenty of charge. If you turn on the car the esc has a green light, and the receiver a red light. When you then turn on the Transmitter the lights on the esc and rec start blinking quickly. If you don't turn on the transmitter the lights both go out after about 1 minute. I looked up the manual and didn't see this described.

Thoughts?

BTW, we've had this for several years now. It's the brushless unit.

Re bind the remote to the reciver and see what happens. What color is the light on the remote?

RC Racer
    Are you turning the truck on first or the TX?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Re bind the remote to the reciever and see what happens. What color is the light on the remote?
    We will try this tomorrow when my son gets home from school.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Re bind the remote to the reciver and see what happens. What color is the light on the remote?
    He was doing it the wrong way. But we tried it with the tx on first and it made no difference.

RC Champion
    What color is the esc light blinking? First thing I would try is unplug the steering servo and see if the throttle works. Its not uncommon for a servo to die and overload the bec.
    Dacaur

RC poster
    My son found instructions for re-binding it, but that didn't help. So then I unplugged the servo and the throttle worked fine.

So I guess that means new servo. Should we go stock or something different? What options are there that don't require any other changes?

RC poster
    After asking the replacement servo question, I did some browsing and I see that the whole "what do I replace my servo with" question has been beaten to death. No need to get into that here. We're looking at the Hitec HS-82MG. Maybe we'll plasti-dip it to maintain the water proofiness. I have an old can of it in the closet.

I am wondering about what exactly failed. My son says it wasn't crash related. He picked it up to let a neighbor back out and when he put it down it went forward only a few feet before stopping.

The stock servo did amazing lasting aslong as it did. I run the Hitech 85mg on mine also you son will be very happy with it.

RC Champion
    The hs82mg isnt drop in as it requires a new servo horn, and its a bit weak compared to what else is out there.
    The savox 0250mg is waterproof, and drops in reusing the stock horn, and is significantly stronger than the hitec hs82mg. There is also a bluebird one that drops in.
    Dacaur

Yes, the Bluebird 390 dmh and it's unnameable green cousin both work well. We have one and are getting a savox in a week or two for the other truck. Will be good to compare.