Thread: on and off

RC Racer

on and off

is there a on and off switch on the x-maxx or is it plug in the battery's and its powered on?

RC Competitor
    There is a power button. On the ESC. Press it to turn on. Hold for 1 sec to turn off.
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

It has a normal button on the ESC like all other Traxxas ESC's.

Dang. I was beaten. By a local too.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The same button that powers it on...powers it off.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Competitor
    So my ESC won't turn off after it enters LVC. Does anyone else's behave like this? Before LVC, it works as I'd expect. Press to turn on, longer press to turn off. But after LVC mode, quick press does nothing. Long press does nothing. Really long press does nothing. Have to yank the battery.
    Last edited by fryfrog; 01-13-2016 at 12:03 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fryfrog View Post
    So my ESC won't turn off when it enters LVC. Does anyone else's behave like this? Before LVC, it works as I'd expect. Press to turn on, longer press to turn off. But after LVC mode, quick press does nothing. Long press does nothing. Really long press does nothing. Have to yank the battery.
    Mine does the same.

RC Racer
    whats LVC mean?

RC Enthusiast
    Low voltage cut-off. When the truck stops to prevent damaging the lipos.

RC Enthusiast
    Do not use button to turn off the ESC, read the warning label on the leases that connect to the batteries. Damage can occur using the button to turn off, disconnect the batteries to power off.
    The UnKnown drove me to be a Rev Engineer Long Ago

RC Racer
    sorry still a newbe here. just fig out the power pro 6 charger. still a brand new x-maxx here

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NvTwist View Post
    Do not use button to turn off the ESC, read the warning label on the leases that connect to the batteries. Damage can occur using the button to turn off, disconnect the batteries to power off.
    Wait, what? Why would using the button to turn the truck off cause damage to occur? The only thing I can think of is that if you turn off the power, you might forget to unplug the batteries. Then they'd still be plugged in and... maybe being drained a tiny bit? Risk being easily turned on?

What did the tag on the battery connector say, I have to admit I just pulled it off w/o reading it. :/

RC Enthusiast
    No worries Savage, we were all learners at one point. in still learning.

Watch the language and remove words that the language filter has replaced with a "*"
    Last edited by Double G; 01-13-2016 at 08:20 AM.
    The UnKnown drove me to be a Rev Engineer Long Ago

RC Competitor
    What did the tag on the battery connector say, I have to admit I just pulled it off w/o reading it. :/

RC Enthusiast
    Turning it off by using the switch should not really matter as long as you remember to unplug the battery's afterwards. However, i have gotten rid of my switch on my mm2 esc on my truggy due to it going bad over time and have removed all my switches on my airplanes. You can do that with some esc that do not use programming through the switch.

The switch might last longer if you unplug the battery's because of less use, but it really does not matter.

RC Champion
    So my ESC won't turn off after it enters LVC. Does anyone else's behave like this? Before LVC, it works as I'd expect. Press to turn on, longer press to turn off. But after LVC mode, quick press does nothing. Long press does nothing. Really long press does nothing. Have to yank the battery.
    When you think about it, that is a great safety feature to protect your batteries. I imagine the esc is programmed not to shut off with the on/off button when the LVC has been activated. You have to unplug your lipos so they don't continue to discharge and ruin the batteries.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

Its recommended to always unplug the batteries, even if you only plan to run your truck again in 5 minutes. Sometimes things pop up and you could forget that you left the batteries plugged in. Leaving them plugged in will still draw power from them, and if they go down to far you may not be able to bring them back.
    TRX4(lots of mods), TCP(will stay with me), Custom Summit, GTP Fiero(in rebuild stage), "My Summit" pic is posted in the Summit gallery........and some other things.

RC Competitor
    What voltage does the LVC kick in? I hit it the other day and when I put my batteries on the charger the we're 3.0-3.2 volts per cell. That seems too low to me and SMC says not to run them below 3.5.

RC Qualifier
    ^^You should probably run a cell checker for a backup.