Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    I thought I broke the front skid plate, but I actually broke the part of the Traxxas 7721 Bulkhead front lower that connects to the suspension arm. I set the cracked part back in place and will leave it alone until I really break it when I jump the truck more. One of the dogbones also broke, but overall not bad.

I think this is the second shock shaft that I have broken. So far this is the best way I have found to use Traxxas tools to loosen the nut on the end of the shock shaft:

More good times to come now that the truck is repaired.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

wow! I'm guessing the hingepin broke? crazy how it was able to break away from both of the tie bars like that. that lower bulkhead looks like a bear to replace. I wonder how long it will last just being held by the tie bars. good times for sure.
    rizzodtheRCvlogger - www.youtube.com/user/rizz0d

RC Qualifier
    Nice carnage! And great tutorials. Turn your new shafts upside down if you don't already know about that fix, they are much beefier on the piston side

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    wow! I'm guessing the hingepin broke? crazy how it was able to break away from both of the tie bars like that. that lower bulkhead looks like a bear to replace. I wonder how long it will last just being held by the tie bars. good times for sure.
    The pin did not break just the plastic around it did so I just turned the broken plastic pieces back around and put the pin back in it. I will replace the bulkhead later.

Quote Originally Posted by Manne View Post
    Nice carnage! And great tutorials. Turn your new shafts upside down if you don't already know about that fix, they are much beefier on the piston side
    Thanks! I have not done that yet. I want to see how much abuse they can take as just the way they are from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    The pin did not break just the plastic around it did so I just turned the broken plastic pieces back around and put the pin back in it.
    holy cow. how did it get out of the metal tie bars? yikes.

RC Qualifier
    I am not sure. I think the front skid plate came loose during the jump/crash and moved enough for the plastic to crack and turn on the hinge. When I started to take it apart the plastic was still wedged under the skidplate.

RC Qualifier
    I have not jumped the X-Maxx in awhile because this new toy is taking up my time:

I figured I would try out a new BMX track. Pretty rusty with jumping so I should have known the fun would not last long. The worst part is that I had the spare part with me, but I forgot the wrench to take the wheel nut off!

well i'd leave the x-maxx on the shelf to go out and play with a ride like that! LS1, right?

good bash at the park, just too short. replacement part on hand, no tool to install it, that's rough.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, it has an LS1 in it so it needs to be modified sooner than later just to keep up with the new Camaros.

I plan on taking the X-Maxx back to that park soon with all of the spare parts and tools. I'll post a video of the results.

Oh, and I left the X-Maxx hauler at home that day too so that really made matters worse...

RC Qualifier

Best X-Maxx Jumps of 2016

Took my favorite jumps of the year, with the best quality, and put them in a short video. I also included another angle from the BMX park jump day so you can see how many jumps I made back to back before it broke the first day. It was a fun year jumping the X-Maxx. Looking forward to more bashing in the new year. It looks like I might have to step up to the 8S X-Maxx soon...

Last edited by drivejumpfly; 12-26-2016 at 03:16 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I was going through some pictures and found these from when I first opened the X-Maxx. There is no way it will ever be this clean again!

RC Qualifier
    I do not think I posted this picture yet. That was just before the pinion came loose.

RC Qualifier
    Finally:

RC Qualifier
    I still have not finished reinforcing the body. I was doing some summer cleaning and found these broken X-Maxx parts though:

RC Qualifier
    I picked up the RPM Front and Rear Bumper Mounts. The front one takes a beating! I know the stock Traxxas one would have broken on my truck by now. I am not sure about the rear one because the Traxxas wheelie bar is taking all of the impact.

RC Enthusiast
    How are u liking the power up kit with that battery set-up?! much different?

RC Qualifier
    I chose to sell my 6S X-Maxx and buy an 8S X-Maxx because I wanted the newer motor. The 8S version is extremely better than the 6S version! 10 MPH faster is a significant difference in a 3 foot long 25 pound truck. They should have made the 8S version from the start.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah i do plan to up the gearing per advice ive received from the fine gents on here but at some point ill be switching out the motor and speedo as well.

RC Qualifier
    Good idea to upgrade the gearing. I did a lot of bashing with just the 6S gearing. I think the key to mine lasting was I would flip over rather than getting hard on the brakes and causing damage to the gears. Are you going with the full 8S power up kit at once?

RC Qualifier

Traxxas X-Maxx Screw Hole Reinforcement

I am trying a new kind of washer ($0.72 + tax for four of them) in my 8S X-Maxx body since the holes were already partially pulled through when I purchased the used body. Hopefully these will work well.

Last edited by drivejumpfly; 11-06-2017 at 02:04 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Sometimes I use the wrong tools to get the job done, but this time I wondered how bad of an idea this one was so I recorded it. I had to cut wire racks to store my RC paint supplies in a closet. All I had was an angle grinder to cut them. Not a great idea if the area is not shielded. See for yourself:

RC Enthusiast
    Hi drivejumpfly. Do you live in the Buffalo/Cheektowaga area? I was wondering where you drive your XMaxx in the area I actually live in Lancaster.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry, I don't. I just buy a lot of my trucks through Field's Hobby. As a matter of fact I am going to be picking up a new X-Maxx from them next week.

RC Qualifier
    Field's Hobby Center is sending me a GREEN X-Maxx this week!!! I was too late to pick up an E-Revo 2.0 from them but I have one on pre-order! Get ready for the fastest green X-Maxx in the world!!!

RC Qualifier
    I really like the green. My main complaint about the 8S trucks is still I wish Traxxas did not use pastel colors for these bodies. The 6S paint jobs were so much deeper in color and better looking. I should have just kept that body when I sold the truck. Here was how it looked before the modifications. I do not think I have seen anyone post a faster video with their X-Maxx so I will upload it as soon as I can.

RC Qualifier

How to Remove Labels from Containers (using peanut butter!)

This is what I do to make containers for storing parts for my RC cars. The large peanut containers are the best for parts and tools. I take them out with me when I am bashing and can throw them around not evening caring if they get damage because they are semi-free containers.

RC Qualifier
    I went shopping for parts and ended up with a Traxxas roof rack:

I cannot believe how small this thing is. I rolled it underneath the X-Maxx without rubbing against it. I thought it was going to be a 1/10 scale like a Slash!

RC Racer
    1/10th scale cars have always been tiny. Barely bigger than a 1/16th revo lol. But then again EVERYTHING looks small compared to an XMAXX. How do you like the 4tec? and what made you go brushed vs brushless?
    I'm the reason why we can't have nice things!

RC Qualifier
    You are right, it is the size of a 1/16 E-Revo! The day I bought it the motor and ESC were already in a trade deal for some parts so I have not driven it. I will put a brushless system in it, but I have not decided which one yet. I want enough power to do rolling burnouts on the stock tires for a good twenty feet.

RC Qualifier
    Had two of my friends race my trucks. I did not realize they were both coming so I only had two trucks ready. Would have been fun and less dangerous to have one of them drive the Slash 4x4! I figured the guy that never had raced a hobby grade RC would crash it so I let him drive the X-Maxx. Even though it is more expensive I figured it is quite a bit harder to break it. Good thing I made that call.

Last edited by drivejumpfly; 11-23-2018 at 01:26 PM.

RC Qualifier

Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 vs 8S X-Maxx

Uploaded three more videos on a different course with me driving the E-Revo. Batteries died so we switched to the drone, but it was too dark for decent footage. I think this is the best of the three because we finally started driving better.

RC Qualifier
    Blast from the clean past

RC Qualifier
    I let my friends drive my X-Maxx, E-Revo 2.0, and Slash 4x4 Platinum tonight. One of them brought out his brushless Rustler. We had a blast, and I think I convinced one of the guys to buy a Slash 4x4, and possibly an X-Maxx as well. We are going to have to do this again during the day so I can make a video of all four or five trucks racing at the same time.

RC Qualifier
    Took the truck out with a camera on it to capture some video of my XO-1 doing some test passes on the new setup. When the XO-1 failed me I took the X-Maxx to a field and kicked up some serious dirt but the video was probably too dark. I will see how it came out and post a short clip if it is not horrible.

RC Enthusiast

Wink Corvette video

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Took the truck out with a camera on it to capture some video of my XO-1 doing some test passes on the new setup. When the XO-1 failed me I took the X-Maxx to a field and kicked up some serious dirt but the video was probably too dark. I will see how it came out and post a short clip if it is not horrible.
    Can't wait to see ya jump that corvette at skateboard park,you can get parts for those too.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by smax View Post
    Can't wait to see ya jump that corvette at skateboard park,you can get parts for those too.
    I will not jump the Corvette since it is my favorite RC body. I may jump one of the other 4-tecs, but that will only be if I have money to waste. Those cars are made for flat smooth surfaces.

Here is the video of the X-Maxx in the dirt - Nothing special:

RC poster
    Hey sorry Im new to the site and rc cars in general but I didnt know how to or where to ask my question so pls forgive me. But i jist bought a used traxxas truck and it came with a castle 4pole motor that I wanted to install but, the motor has 3 wires a red, white and black. My problem is the stock traxxas ESC only has a red and a black wires to connect to. Does this mean I need to buy a matching 3 wires ESC? Or can I run the castle motor without hooking up the white wire? Any info or answers would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleShane90 View Post
    Hey sorry Im new to the site and rc cars in general but I didnt know how to or where to ask my question so pls forgive me. But i jist bought a used traxxas truck and it came with a castle 4pole motor that I wanted to install but, the motor has 3 wires a red, white and black. My problem is the stock traxxas ESC only has a red and a black wires to connect to. Does this mean I need to buy a matching 3 wires ESC? Or can I run the castle motor without hooking up the white wire? Any info or answers would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
    Red and black is for the battery. Google RC esc wiring for an image of what Your having trouble with.

RC Qualifier
    I let some friends run my trucks this weekend and now my X-Maxx will only make really wide turns. Going to take the steering parts apart when I have some time and see what I find. This is the first problem I have had with my 8S X-Maxx.

RC Qualifier
    Here is the video of us taking all of the trucks out:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12