RC Qualifier

Diff and shock oil weights

What weight diff oil and shock oil are you guys running? Gonna pull the diffs and clean em out and re fill em right but I don't know what weights you guys are using that's working good

RC Racer
    50 on the diff 40-50 on the shocks seems to be the general concencus. I wouldn't know I am still waiting for my truck. Depends on what surfaces you are running it on.
    Last edited by FatWheels; 01-14-2016 at 03:53 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshgixxer View Post
    What weight diff oil and shock oil are you guys running? Gonna pull the diffs and clean em out and re fill em right but I don't know what weights you guys are using that's working good
    I think my diffs may have come w/o any diff oil in them from the factory, both the front and rear are very easy to turn and easily rotate the other wheel in the opposite direction. When I'm running, if one side gets off the ground even a little... those tires spin up and the side with traction basically just stops.

I've ordered some 10k, 30k and 50k fluid to replace w/ what they have by default from the factory. I think that is 10k front and 30k rear? If they've already got some in them, I may bump them both up.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fryfrog View Post
    I think my diffs may have come w/o any diff oil in them from the factory, both the front and rear are very easy to turn and easily rotate the other wheel in the opposite direction. When I'm running, if one side gets off the ground even a little... those tires spin up and the side with traction basically just stops.

I've ordered some 10k, 30k and 50k fluid to replace w/ what they have by default from the factory. I think that is 10k front and 30k rear? If they've already got some in them, I may bump them both up.
    I pulled mine the other day and they had about half of the fluid they should have. I got some 60k fluid and added to both. was driving on a really slick icy sledding hill yesterday and was getting really good traction and power to all wheels
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

RC Qualifier
    Swapped in 42.5 Losi oil today's and it has way less body roll, and way better steering, also reset the ride height to A arms just above level, if your wondering it took two whole bottles lol.

Watch the language!
    Last edited by Double G; 01-15-2016 at 11:36 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I wish I knew what stock diff oil was, I think I'm gonna go 50k front 30k rear, is any one else's lower shock seals leaky? My lower shock cap is always wet and the diff cases seem to be always oily to like the diffs are leaked

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshgixxer View Post
    I wish I knew what stock diff oil was, I think I'm gonna go 50k front 30k rear,
    According to the manual its 30k rear and 10k front.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes that is correct 10k for front diff and 30k for rear . Manual also states that you only fill the diff housing to half way up the spider gears which would be up to the cross pins . Opened mine just to have a look and they were perfect.

RC Racer
    50wt oil in the tront shocks and 30wt oil in the rear shocks? can i use diff grease that i used in both my baja 5b diffs?

ty thomas

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageWheels View Post
    50wt oil in the tront shocks and 30wt oil in the rear shocks? can i use diff grease that i used in both my baja 5b diffs?

ty thomas
    If you run grease it will diff out real bad, you need some thick viscosity oils

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageWheels View Post

ty thomas
    *Diffs* not shocks. To be clear. The shocks are like 30wt stock. The diffs are 10,000 wt front and 30,000 wt rear.