Thread: Tire glue job

RC Competitor

Tire glue job

Well now that I've run a pack through my truck are anyone else's tires glued like crap? Uneven and wobbly looking at low speeds.

That par for the course with factory glued tires. That's why I learned how to do my own. Plus, when you do them yourself you can tape them up, and they're also easier to ballance.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon92 View Post
    Well now that I've run a pack through my truck are anyone else's tires glued like crap? Uneven and wobbly looking at low speeds.
    yeah, mine were a bit on the wobbly side too. But as ReglarGuy said, it's pretty common. I have yet to purchase a full set of pre-glued tires where at least 1 wasn't a bit off
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

RC poster
    Ok now I am feeling a little better... I guess lol. Just took mine out for the first run and 3 of the 4 are wobbly and uneven especially one is at least 1/4" off rolling it at slow speed. Guess it is time for me to figure out how to glue my own...

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas sent me new wheels/tires because mine wobbled so bad from the factory. I sent in a video of it to support, and they were really wobbly.

Yeah even after balancing my tires the glue job is so terrible that it didn't help much. I need to call traxxas tomorrow.

Most of the time big truck tires are wobbly, but they still will balance. There are all kinds of tricks to get them in. I just finished with mine yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Most of the time big truck tires are wobbly, but they still will balance. There are all kinds of tricks to get them in. I just finished with mine yesterday.
    my tires look like my two year old glued them up I will have to take some pictures…. actually he may have done a better job then that lol there are some gaps in between the tire and wheel. once my phone charges I will get them posted

It may not look as bad in the pictures but is seems like there are so many inconsistencies in the gluing process that make my tire wobble a lot, I haven't had any issues balancing my other tires so if you have any tips on balancing for me ( reglarguy ) then I would take some since I am still new to balancing process.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    Yours are looking the same as mine are. Actually the one I posted about earlier that is way out of line I took my finger and put it between arm and rim. Turning it it started to pinch finger so not only is it glued bad the rim is warped a little. No worries when they are trying to push them out as quick as they can things are going to come out bad time to time. I would also like to know some tips on balancing.. I can tell know this thing is going to get really addictive so...

Mine have a few gaps too. Down the road I'll Acetone them, and completely redo them. I'll tape them up too while I'm at it.