Shock Refill Video

Anybody done a video on shock refilling procedure for the X MAXX yet. Check the U tube nothing on the X MAXX as yet.
    Great time to be an X MAXX owner right now lots of aftermarket starting to show up.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

Quote Originally Posted by dwilli9013 View Post
    Anybody done a video on shock refilling procedure for the X MAXX yet. Check the U tube nothing on the X MAXX as yet.
    Great time to be an X MAXX owner right now lots of aftermarket starting to show up.
    I actually recorded one last night just need to edit and post.. any suggestions or specific questions you have? Id appreciate any input.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    I actually recorded one last night just need to edit and post.. any suggestions or specific questions you have? Id appreciate any input.
    Let us know when you upload it.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Sweet, ots aimed towards people new to the hobby. Just going over rebuilding after a broken shaft and talking apout the parts and there purpose

Excellent I'd love to see it. I guess my main question is to what level do you fill the shock before capping it. Best explanation Ive seen to date is to fill it to like 1mm below the top of the shock body. Then place the cap on and hand tighten. But being certain to cycle the shock to make sure all the air is out.

Seriously .... !! AWesome!! Can't wait, will certainly be looking forward to it and using it when the time comes!
    Popcorn!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sweet, ots aimed towards people new to the hobby. Just going over rebuilding after a broken shaft and talking apout the parts and there purpose
    And that's what it's all about my friend...the newcomers. I just started a thread about how-to vids.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dwilli9013 View Post
    Excellent I'd love to see it. I guess my main question is to what level do you fill the shock before capping it. Best explanation Ive seen to date is to fill it to like 1mm below the top of the shock body. Then place the cap on and hand tighten. But being certain to cycle the shock to make sure all the air is out.

I bleed em just like any other bladder shock,

Fill to very top
    Move shock shaft up and down a few times to get bubbles moving
    Let sit for a few minutes
    Screw cap on but about a turn from full tight
    Push shock shaft all the way up till it bottoms out
    (Oil should be coming out of the weep hole in the cap)
    Tighten shock top down completely with shock shaft fully compressed
    Pump shock shaft a few times
    Shock should have 5-10mm of rebound at most
    If shock shaft pushes it self down more then there's still to much oil in the shock which will lead to blown out o rings and poor handling

(Anyone else notice the lower cartridges are a terrible leaky design? I orderd the billet upper caps maybe I should of got his lowers too.

RC Racer
    Just look up any video on RC shocks. They are all pretty much the same to fill them. Here is an old link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_d1nEquS6Y

Fuglio, aside from some amateur video editing, that was a really nice and informative video. Great job! I appreciate your time putting this together and explaining everything.

There are a few differences between this shock and most other shocks and I think you did a good job of showing that as well.

Again, thanks.

RC Racer
    Thanks Fuglio, pretty nice vid.

Thanks for the vid Fuglio that answers a lot of my questions. That's a large part of why I like this community. Just ask the question and you get answers. And it doesn't matter how newb the questions are. Thanks again!!!!