RC Competitor

Anyone try max amps yet?

Anyone try Maxamps 9000mah 3s for xmaxx? Considering these

RC poster
    Overpriced, from what I hear.

RC Qualifier
    Still waiting to learn how to set up my new charger. Two brand new 9000s just sitting on my bench waiting for a warm up! As for over priced, they are THE batteries used in the fastest R/Cs on Earth!!

RC Qualifier
    The best packs I have owned (I've owned a lot) are SPC Racing packs. Excellent quality at an affordable price.

RC Racer
    I'd highly recommend something else. Maxamps has earned quite the reputation, which is extremely poor quality batteries that can't match their advertised specs, and they charge higher than almost all other brands. There's many other options out there that are more trusted, let alone nicer to your wallet.

RC Enthusiast
    I can't hate on maxamps. I own several sets. Yes they are overpriced but I think they are worth it. I don't yet have them for my xmaxx but I do for most everything else. My oldest set is 4 years old and still as good as new. The build quality is great. They are high discharge which is one of the reasons their expensive. What that means is your esc will never ask for more than the batteries can handle which makes them run cooler. They can also be charged faster due to the high c rating. If you have the money to just blow, then go for it. If not, go with any other trusted brand. It's simply a personal preference. Traxxas batteries, which I'm running, come with the same lifetime warranty and I got for $94 each at rc super store. I bought 4 for the same price as 2 maxamps. Hence why I went traxxas. I got traxxas 3s 8400mah 35c for my xmaxx

RC Racer
    Friends don't let friends buy maxamps

They will work fine. Many just try to stear others to options that are less expensive. There some good info on maxamps out there... Their cells arent special and are actually not capable of the rating they advertise. Most won't have an issue, but be cautious of any lipo. Maxamps is actually banned on another online community because of tests. Just saying. Traxxas is a better battery and easy to plug and go. Otherwise there's hundreds of options

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim1985 View Post
    The best packs I have owned (I've owned a lot) are SPC Racing packs. Excellent quality at an affordable price.
    this......

RC Racer
    This is my feeling also. Rock solid and nicely priced. Just ordered two 4s 6500mAh 65c for the price of one 3s maxamps. Maxamps equals overpriced.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Champion
    I've owned max amps over the years, I'd stay away from them. Premium price for a very average performing pack.

RC Racer
    Oh boy, just the word max amps gives mix feelings. I dunno im no expert but ive used many batts and did have a few max amps for my savage years ago. For me they were fine but they didnt seem worth the price to buy again. Honestly dont know how they keep selling with those faulty c ratings when people have tested them and dont even come close. I do like gens ace but they are impossible to get.

RC Enthusiast
    IMO, SPC packs are the best available right now. They really have better punch than the max amp batteries I've had in the past and for a fraction of the price!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt18 View Post
    IMO, SPC packs are the best available right now. They really have better punch than the max amp batteries I've had in the past and for a fraction of the price!
    that is the same opinion I have, and many others... the people that rave about maxamps, are the ones who got ripped off by them, and feel since they are so expensive, they must be good.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gens Ace and SPC. Wont buy any other.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Competitor
    I have to agree I bought two pair when they were first available and didn't get to use them until this past friday for the first time and I"m gonna have to agree. I've run the truck 7 times and the first 5 I ran it for about 25 minutes strong and only had to put back in about 5000mah. I want to purchase some more but after I get a mamba monster x esc and gear it up.