RC Competitor

Exactly what is the difference between a 2wd Slash and a Rustler?

I have a Rustler and I am curious to what the difference is between them.

The chassis is the most obvious. Yeah... You could just look at pictures online.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    chassis, arms, body, layout.....

the 2wd traxxas vehicles are all fairly similar....

I have both. The body and the slash is a lot bigger. Me personally I'd go with the slash. The slash has bigger bumpers better tires, and an awesome body

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    check this out, these items listed in this post seem to be the list your looking for.

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...rts-list-check

as far as I can see, if you get the rustler to slash conversion kit, you get a 6inch piece of metal, that extends the rustler chassis 3 inches, so it can fit slash bodies wheelbase....

bumpers and stuff...
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Thanks for your responses, Four yours was particularly helpful

RC Racer
    The performance difference between the two of them is noticeable when driving.

The Rustler feels much lighter, and more nimble. It likes to skip over terrain, and seems to get knocked off course more easily.

The Slash feels heavier and more planted. Instead of skipping over rough terrain and getting knocked offline, the Slash's suspension sucks up terrain and keeps it on track.

These comparisons were made between a stock Rustler VXL with not much suspension tuning done, and a heavily upgraded Slash with a lot of suspension tuning done.

I'd boil the performance difference down to this: the Rustler is for going fast over relatively smooth, open terrain and jumping high. The Slash is for going fast over rough, challenging terrain and jumping only as high as necessary to maintain speed. The Rustler is an acrobat. The Slash is a middle-weight MMA fighter.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-28-2016 at 03:19 PM.