RC Racer

What needs upgrade out of the box.

A friend of mine is about to pick up brushless erevo and wants to know what mods he should do right outa box so he dosent break it right off... currently runs a redcat teremoto and breaks it every time he drives it. So I talked him into traxxas. Chassis brace skid plates I have seen problems with differentials. I think i have him convinced to run 4s till spring when it warms up. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance for your help.

RC Competitor
    You're going to run into a lot of different answers and philosophies. Personally i wait until i break something and then replace it with an upgraded part. saves money initially i feel. RPM arms are a good start and the chassis brace. from there it depends on driving style. I enjoy my sway bar on mine and feel it is mandatory but it fits my driving style, mostly on road.

I'd start with RPM products. this will get you a tough truck, especially if you stick to 4s. there isn't much you can do to the difs other than the losi mod. but i dont expect too many problems with them on 4s.
    XMAXX, 1/16th SUMMIT, EREVO

https://traxxas.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3925986

several old post to wade thru.

as for diff, just shim them, with 4s, they will be ok for a bit. gear it 21/54 to 18/54
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    ^^^^^ shim the diffs for sure.

Be sure to watch the yokes on the rear axles, to much traction and you will see them deform and snap
    I'd go with stiffer springs as well, blue rear and silver front.
    I also went to 60 wt. oil in the shocks, but I like the long travel rocker on mine.

I've tried a few different tires on mine, the badlands seem to be the lightest, do the least damage and perform great on the e revo.
    Have fun, it's a beast.
    Fix it it till it's broke.

RC Racer
    Basically this things:

-Open it...

-If its second hand, put oil or grease on bearings...Open them with a pin...

-Clean them...

-Grease them...

-Diff out...

-Shim the diff's....

-Seal the bulkheads with silicone...

-Boil in hot water chassis,a-arms,bulkheads for 10 minutes out of the heat source after water boils. The plastic will never break more....there is controverse in this method, so go by RPM A-Arms, Integy Bulkheads And Rit Dye the chassis instead...with a shorter wallet for the same things as boiling those parts....
    Last edited by targeting; 01-22-2016 at 04:42 AM.

RC Racer

-Put hot glue around the space in the bulkhead for the diferencial not dance inside. That will be secured and gearings will be more happy.

-Do the front to... this way sand,debris,dust will not enter so easy, diff's will thank later in the long run!

-Same HotGlue in that space. Diff's will not move anywhere like any racing 1/8 buggy/truggy.

-Put sway bars, always (more stability on cornering) And make a Chassis brace on the rear to not break the chassis on jumps and hit's. The boil trick helps but this helps even more!

-If got a central diff, open it and forget those seals... do the job proper using them...

Last edited by targeting; 01-22-2016 at 04:44 AM.

RC Racer

-Diff oil will never come out, just like any 1/8 racing buggy. Otherwise...well...we all know!

-Even in the bash world, balacing the rims/tires is a must. Just plasticine and glue to not get out when bashing. You need a balance tool.

-This will help making a rear chassis brace when using Tekno Sway Bars....

-Have fun!!
    Last edited by targeting; 01-22-2016 at 04:48 AM.

RC Racer
    Also get this kit for the suspension:

-Suspension will be out of this world, just like any racing truggy or buggy!

-Also this will protect the shock shaft and shock orings from dusty conditions later on the game...
    Last edited by targeting; 01-22-2016 at 04:58 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Out of the box, I would recommend RPM tru track rear a-arms. They eliminate 2 turnbuckles that break easily. Badlands for off-road, they are light, low profile, and slip just enough to be easy on drive components. And I like 20-54 gearing for my style of bashing on 4S.

RC Competitor
    In my opinion u will break all kinds of stuff mostly cheap, not too expensive stuff I would deff stick with 4s battery's I believe u Will have less trouble w axles and diff, I'm not a huge fan of upgrading a-arms and stuff I feel like ur just going to break them anyways and I rather replace w stock that's cheaper than upgraded stuff, example: my Freind bought all aluminum a-arms and what happens is the holes in the part will aventually wear causing play, now they rattle and move a lot while driving, this won't happen with plastic, and the stock ones for an e revo are super super cheap especially off amazon.com.........but that's just me

Shim diffs, upgrade axels (Traxxas steel for 4s) (Mip for 6s), possibly rpm a-arms, and tires.
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.