RC poster

Lipo battery question?

I am looking to start using lipo batteries in my Emaxx brushless with the MM2 system. Should I use one 3s lipo or two 2s Traxxas lipo batteries? I would prefer to stick with Traxxas IQ lipo batteries.
    I'd rather be RC'ing!

two 2s batteries = 4s total.
    two 3s batteries = 6s total.
    You can use one 2s and one 3s at the same time, to make it 5s But they need to have the same mAh and C rating for it to work properly.
    4s is a bit more powerful then the Nimh batteries and still good on parts. When you head to the 6s power, you really need to consider dropping a lot of coin into your Emaxx. The ESC can run 6s, but the stock emaxx isn't built to go flat out on 6s, you would need to buy a Castle field link to tone down the power if running 6s at full throttle!
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC Champion
    you will have to use 2 batteries because there are two plugs on the MM2 ESC. Most go with a pair of 2s - this will give you 4s in total due to the series wiring on the ESC. If you want to run a single battery, you would have to build a jumper for one of the plugs on the ESC to complete the circuit. Honestly - a single 3s battery is going to be pretty slow. A pair of 4s batteries is tons of fun and a pair of 3s batteries will get you to insane speed (and broken diffs). I am a fan of SPC batteries. The 2s 5000mah hard packs they sell (either 40c or 50c discharge rate) are great and will just barely squeeze into the battery trays. dont forget you will need a charger that can handle lipos.
    I have an RC problem...

RC poster
    Ok, thank you. I will go with two 2s lipos.
    I'd rather be RC'ing!

RC poster
    Yep, I have alot invested in it already. Wasnt planning on upgrading axles and driveshafts. But, with lipo it might be a good idea.
    I'd rather be RC'ing!

If your going with (2x) 2s batteries, than your driveshafts should be fine. Unless they are the old style without the blue boots.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Check the link at the bottom of my post for general lipo battery information.

2 2s batteries would be great