Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Theirs one on YouTube doing 122 with the stock body on it, not sure of the complete mod list but did see grp tires and a diffuser on the back. I might can get close too 90 if it stays on the ground. That semi in the middle of the road was messing me up when I was trying the 2650kv.

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    For a non modified P4de hitting those speeds, that's pretty spectacular! Ive seen what was claimed to be a P4de hitting 116 but it didn't look anything like our truck! Next stop 90 lol.

I consider yours upgrades and it retains the stock look and set up.
    Funny you mentioned 90mph lol I just went and tested the 2200kv couple minutes ago on fresh charged 6s and here's the results.
    2200kv 92mph pass wot.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Funny you mentioned 90mph lol I just went and tested the 2200kv couple minutes ago on fresh charged 6s and here's the results.
    2200kv 92mph pass wot.
    King of speed!
    Same weights?
    How come I only hear 4 beeps?
    Last edited by Briber; 01-28-2016 at 03:14 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

King of speed!
    Same weights?
    How come I only hear 4 beeps?
    Lol Na I can't claim that title, same weights nothing different from last night except it's on fresh charged 6s this time. You only hear 4 beeps because when I plugged batteries up I forgot my switch was still on the esc and I wasn't ready for it so I cut it off. Watch closely and you'll see me turn it back on and you'll hear the 6 beeps. Your right about the upgrades and stock looking setup, I'm doing this not only comparing motors but for people who may get the speed bug one day and don't wana turn their rig into a strict speedrunner. I'm showing that you can get good speeds without having too drastically modify your p4de. It's takes me less than 20min too put it back too off-road setup. Only difference is shock location, weights, tires, and gearing.

Have you tried adjusting motor timing?

I have not tried that yet, actually had forgot about that I may try that tonight with a 4s battery.

RC Qualifier
    Boy it is getting it. Looks like its handling pretty dang good too. When you gonna give the 2650 a try on a fresh 6s?

Tonight when I get off, hopefully no one will be in my way tonight. It's actually pretty stable not very hard too control at all. If it'll stay on the ground I could possibly be right at 100mph.

Tonight when I get off, hopefully no one will be in my way tonight. It's actually pretty stable not very hard too control at all. If it'll stay on the ground I could possibly be right at 100mph.
    100 here you come!

lol I would be super stoked if I hit the triple digits.

lol I would be super stoked if I hit the triple digits.
    I'd be stoked for you and with you my friend. You've got me convinced and sold on my next motor and battery combo with your tests. This is some great testing and information!

Looks like wheels and tires are holding up just fine. Hopefully u get some good video tonight!

Don't forget to play with motor timing after you break trip digits. Do that first then play with timing and push the envelope.
    Last edited by Briber; 01-28-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks man, yea the tires seem too be holding just fine. I wouldn't dare try my g-locs on 6s though. Hoping I get some good video as well still got another hour and a half before I get off work.

So disappointing news, tried out the 2650kv and it kept wanting too blow over. I think it's the road because earlier when I ran by the road at my house in the daytime it wasn't trying too blow when I hit 92mph. Anyway after making 3 passes I noticed it was handling bad, brought it back and looked it over and one of the foams on the rear has separated and balled up so that tire is ruined lol. So I'm down for the count as far as speed running goes. Anyone have any grp tires laying around they would like too donate too the cause lol. Best I did tonight was 91mph, so have too wait till I get some more tires before I can continue this experiment.

2200kv vs 2650kv speeds!

Just ordered a set of grp tires, so will try again next week whenever they get here. So putting it back too off-road setup for the weekend.

RC Qualifier
    Which ones did the foam separate in, ofnas? Are the GRPs solid rubber or what?

The ofna foam separated, I didn't dare try too run my g-locs on 6s, didn't wana risk ruining them. Not sure if grps are solid or not. Phildogg runs them on his slash and he hit 144 so I know they'll hold up for my experimenting.

The ofna foam separated, I didn't dare try too run my g-locs on 6s, didn't wana risk ruining them. Not sure if grps are solid or not. Phildogg runs them on his slash and he hit 144 so I know they'll hold up for my experimenting.
    What about getting xo-1 wheels/tires. Their good for 100 out of the box so wouldn't they hold up for you? Just for speed running.

Interesting....

I am late for the conversation, wow I should get a gps, but I know I love my 2650 all timer and let one of my 2200 sit for a while with the MM2 on a slash 4x4, Wonder how different it is between the pede 4x4 and slash 4x4 with the same set up.

Its once in a while that I am tempted to put 6s, when I re-installed the 2200....umm should try the gps on, how ever as mentioned overall I like the 2650, and stick to max 4s, more then what I need.

I need a gps.....to do the comparison
    Last edited by Jezza; 01-29-2016 at 08:27 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes he does. There have been some that blew out which is why grp now has certain tires for speed runs only that just came out

What about getting xo-1 wheels/tires. Their good for 100 out of the box so wouldn't they hold up for you? Just for speed running.
    Xo-1 tires are high and in order for me too be able too run those I would ha e too modify the rim since it has splined 17mm hubs. Yes they would hold up though, I just went ahead and bought grps since they were cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Interesting....

I am late for the conversation, wow I should get a gps, but I know I love my 2650 all timer and let one of my 2200 sit for a while with the MM2 on a slash 4x4, Wonder how different it is between the pede 4x4 and slash 4x4 with the same set up.

Its once in a while that I am tempted to put 6s, when I re-installed the 2200....umm should try the gps on, how ever as mentioned overall I like the 2650, and stick to max 4s, more then what I need.

I need a gps.....to do the comparison
    I was just curious as too how big a difference in speed it was between them when given same voltage, gearing, etc. I myself like the 2650 on 4s for everyday use, it's a beast and has more power than I'll ever need. Not sure how different it would be between the sl4sh and p4de. Maybe you can be the guinea pig and try it out. 6s is crazy lots of power this is my first time experiencing 6s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Yes he does. There have been some that blew out which is why grp now has certain tires for speed runs only that just came out
    I seen those grp velocity tires, but couldn't find them anywhere for sale.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I can't find my email I got from them about the new line of wheels and tires. I hope I didn't accidently delete it when I was cleaning out my in box. I'll have to check again for it

Aight cool, the ones I bought are belted grp tires with black spoke wheels their nice. Their the same exact ones phildogg runs.

RC Qualifier
    Nice work. Thanks for documenting everything so well for us.

I'm turning up the juice on my stampede/slash conversion. My concern is the parachute of a body I run. It's an emaxx body. I've run 20/54 on 3s right around 50 mph and its stable, but I don't really want to push my trenchers any more. I'm considering converting to a backslash type setup with a buggy body and tires.

I just dropped in a 22t pinion and I have 4s ready. I'll probably see what that will do before I change anything else.

What's the science behind choosing spur and pinion combos? I can't physicslly go any larger on my pinion with a 54 spur. I'm out of adjustment. I have to go with a smaller spur, but that will make more room for pinion...

How do you chooses the combo?

I'm running a sidewinder 8 and 2200.

You have too run a smaller spur if you want a bigger pinion. The highest gear combo you can use without using mod1 gears or cutting into your chassis is 25/50 I believe, which is what I've been using for these speedrun comparison tests. My body doesn't parachute as you can see from that 92mph video, but I also have weights on the front and my tailgate is cut out completely so I'm sure that's helping as well. I chose my combo because I wanted something powerful and that can go fast when I wanted which is why I chose the 2650 combo.

Well grp tires arrives today, so hoping too get too try them soon if weather permits.

Well grp tires arrives today, so hoping too get too try them soon if weather permits.
    Where's the beef? Lol there's like no meat on them things they look funny! They should work perfect for the speed runs!

2200kv vs 2650kv speeds!

Yea they have pretty much no sidewall, didn't balloon at all on 6s air test. Tried them out few min ago on my break on 4s. Didn't have any grip hardly at first but after a couple burnouts and couple speed passes they're very sticky now. Can't wait too try them on 6s.

Yea they have pretty much no sidewall, didn't balloon at all on 6s air test. Tried them out few min ago on my break on 4s. Didn't have any grip hardly at first but after a couple burnouts and couple speed passes they're very sticky now. Can't wait too try them on 6s.
    Feeling good about these runs, good luck bro.

Do you think the tail gate being gone on your truck makes a difference? Should put a duck tape flap on there and try to see what it does.

I'm afraid since they don't balloon that it's going too hurt me, the ofnas ballooned a little bit which I know was helping my speeds. Since these don't balloon my speed will be affected, so I'm not sure I can hit 100. I'm sure that with the tailgate missing that it does help with airflow and not having a parachute effect. I may try that later on with the flap.

I'm afraid since they don't balloon that it's going too hurt me, the ofnas ballooned a little bit which I know was helping my speeds. Since these don't balloon my speed will be affected, so I'm not sure I can hit 100. I'm sure that with the tailgate missing that it does help with airflow and not having a parachute effect. I may try that later on with the flap.
    Just curious if it would lift it horizontal or not. That'd be tell tail sign that its affecting aerodynamics. With that said then those speeds wouldn't be possible with stock body, some mods would have to be made. Simple slots or hole punches through in strategic spots to try and blend somewhat to body maybe all that's needed. Or cut back end and hinge it.

Hopefully ballooning wasn't giving you that much and its still attainable! We will see. You gonna try tonight?

I'll bring my duct tape with me and try it after I make a good run without it. Yep I will try again tonight if I can't get a good run I will go back too that spot by my house tmw before I go to work if it isn't storming by then.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    As you already noticed the grps needs warmed up a little depending on which compound you got. As for the missing tail gate is leave it the way it is. I noticed increase in speed once I removed mine on my speed run body. Man I need to get me a new set of those grps lol.

I got the s7 compound since the areas I run in have rough asphalt. I would like too put the duct tape on their after my maiden run of course lol, because I wana see if my body will have a parachute effect, if it does then that means in order to reach these speeds you would have too modify your body a little in order to do so. Go ahead and get a set, I like these with the black wheels. Was going too get the velocity tires but couldn't find them for sale.

When you make these runs(couple of passes) is your battery depleted?

What temps do you reach in that short time?

Yea the battery depletes, that's why I could only get 83 out of the 2200 that one night after I had done 8 or 9 passes with the 2650 already and then hit 92 the next day with having a fresh charged battery. I never took temps of the 2200 on 6s because that one night I only done 2 passes which was the 83mph run and the can wasn't even hardly warm. Then on the 92mph run only done those 2 passes that were in the video and the can was barely even warm. However, the 2650kv on those speed runs I did 8 or 9 passes and I did take temp on it because it was getting warm, temp on it was 145 after those passes in 30 degree weather. It wouldn't take much longer before it would start too get hot, which is too be expected with the higher kv. If it was hot weather the 2650 would have got hot pretty quick.

What about general bashing/off road temps?

Highest it has been was 155 geared 18/54 with the swampers. Running the buggy tires it's in the 120-130 range. I'm geared 17/54 now for off-road and with the swampers the temp was 141 last Saturday when I ran it.

2200kv vs 2650kv speeds!

Alright got some runs in tonight, went too my normal spot and I'm finding out quick that at very high speeds this spot is kinda crappy. I kept hitting bumps which made it pop wheelies at high speeds and almost wiped out. Best pass was 94mph at that spot after 7 passes. Not gonna post videos on those runs because they kinda sucked lol. Went and found a new spot in a different location and had much better results, however these runs were after I had already drained down the batteries a little bit from running at the other spot.
    96mph run

97mph run with no body.
    So best I done was 97 with no body, I'm back at home now charging batteries and I'm going too retry in a hour or so too see if I can hit 100mph and also gonna bring my programming card too see if changing the timing will net a couple mph increase as well. I also did a run with duct tape on the back too mimic my body as if it still had a tailgate too see if it would blow over and it had no affect whatsoever I was still able too hit 96mph again. I even took my weights off the front and since there are no bumps or anything in this new spot I was able too make a wot pass without any weights as well. If I still had the ofnas I'm sure I woulda hit 100 due too their ballooning, these don't balloon at all so they keep their size. I will borrow the 2200kv again so I can run it with these tires since this thread is comparing both motor speeds with the same exact setup and I have not ran the 2200kv with these tires since I gave it back too my lhs. However I never got too get a wot pass on the 2650kv with the ofnas, so I need to get the 2200kv back so I can do a fair comparison between these two motors with these grp tires. I also did a wot pass with my 4s too compared these tires too the g-locs and with the 2650kv I hit 80mph on 4s with the locs as seen in earlier videos and with these tires it only hit 73mph at wot.
    Last edited by GeneralPede01; 02-02-2016 at 03:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Giving me the speed bug. Looks like the perfect location. The headlights look like they help out a lot at night to keep you straight at those speeds, I love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Giving me the speed bug. Looks like the perfect location. The headlights look like they help out a lot at night to keep you straight at those speeds, I love mine.
    Join the club lol. Those headlights help out a lot especially when turning around when I'm way down the road. Yea this location is perfect, it's a smooth road and pretty much deserted at this time of the night.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast