Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    So redone those runs again with fresh charged batteries and still same results. 97mph without body and 96mph with it on. I messed with the timing too see if that would help. I turned it up too the highest option and ended up losing speed which I though was kind of odd. Dropped from 97 to 94 with timing at higher option. Turned it down too lowest option and speed dropped down too 90mph. Didn't get too mess with it anymore because it started too rain. So guess only way I'll hit 100 is by gearing up or using better battery. The batteries I'm using now are 2 traxxas 4000mah 3s lipos which is kinda small, I may be able too squeeze a 27t pinion in there without having too cut the chassis.

Nice! Only 4mph away, its def attainable bro! Don't give up!

Now its fine tuning, could be just a little adjustment here or there that gives up the ghost!
    Last edited by Briber; 02-02-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    Not sure how tall the GRPs are but they look pretty short. I bet it wouldn't take much tire height to get you to 100. I'd love to see what a set of 5.5 inch tires would put you at.

So hopefully I didn't miss something and these are correct results so far.

G-Pede let me know if need to add anything.

Clearly the 2650 is front runner so far, and seems like from our discussion temps have stayed in check.

Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Not sure how tall the GRPs are but they look pretty short. I bet it wouldn't take much tire height to get you to 100. I'd love to see what a set of 5.5 inch tires would put you at.
    Their not very tall, probably about the same as the ofnas. I gotta get the 2200kv back so I can compare the speeds between using the ofna tire and the grp tire. It wouldn't take much height, it's a 7mph difference between the g-locs and grps since I only hit 73 last night on 4s and same setup with the g-locs got me 80mph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    So hopefully I didn't miss something and these are correct results so far.

G-Pede let me know if need to add anything.

Clearly the 2650 is front runner so far, and seems like from our discussion temps have stayed in check.
    Those look correct too me, should mention which tires I was running since they have a effect on speed as well. Temps have been decent on the 2650, highest temp was 146 last night after a few passes. Like I mentioned earlier though if I was trying this in the summertime heat, pretty sure it would get hot very quick lol.

So I was looking through my posts and realized I posted a error. Without any weights I hit 95 not 96mph. With weights I hit 96mph. Got the 2200kv back along with some traxxas 5000mah 3s batteries. Not sure when I'll get too run it again we have bad storms coming through and are already under a tornado warning so may not get too run tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    So I was looking through my posts and realized I posted a error. Without any weights I hit 95 not 96mph. With weights I hit 96mph. Got the 2200kv back along with some traxxas 5000mah 3s batteries. Not sure when I'll get too run it again we have bad storms coming through and are already under a tornado warning so may not get too run tonight.
    12oz on 96mph run. G-locs were used on 25/50 for 2-4s bat and switched to GRP on 95-97mph runs correct?

That is correct, only got to test the 2200kv on the ofnas. That's why I went and got the 2200kv back so I can get it top speed with these grp tires.

I'm very tempted too run the g-locs, but I'm pretty sure they would most likely come apart lol

Then don't no need to ruin a good set plus it may cause something worse to happen other than ruining tires!

RC Champion
    Glad to hear you got the grps.. next i think you need more gearing to make the 2200 run faster. It can definateky pull more gear than the 2650.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    Glad to hear you got the grps.. next i think you need more gearing to make the 2200 run faster. It can definateky pull more gear than the 2650.
    Without modifications to chassis? If so there would def b hope for trip digits!

RC Qualifier
    Gonna take mod1 gears to go any higher than 25/50 ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    Yea those grps are great, if I was making a strictly speed run vehicle I would gear it way up, but I'm comparing these two motors without having too go mod1 and cutting my chassis too fit big pinion gears. Best the 2200 produced was 92 with the ofnas with 25/50 gearing and I'm gonna too retry with the grps and I'm sure it's gonna be a little slower since these grps do not balloon like the ofnas.
    Without modifications to chassis? If so there would def b hope for trip digits!
    I could easily hit 100 if I went mod1 but I don't wana go mod1. I'm trying too do it with 32 pitch gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Gonna take mod1 gears to go any higher than 25/50 ain't it?
    I can possibly squeeze a 26t in there since it still has a little room before it hits the chassis, maybe a 27t but not sure about the 27t.

I didn't think gearing up was possible without modifications, I was asking/hoping phildogg maybe knew something we didn't. These are good tests thanks for pushing your truck to the limits!

I can squeeze a 26t and possibly a 27t with the 32p gears. Not sure what the biggest combo on mod1 you can use without cutting into the chassis. I'm not gonna go mod1 because this isn't a strictl speed runner. I'm just seeing what speeds I can get out of these motors without having any specials gears, aerodynamics, etc. So that any average joe can replicate this if they just wanted too get some nice speeds without transforming into a strict speed runner.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

2200kv vs 2650kv speeds!

Going mod 1 gears will get you higher gearing in there which will
    Get you where you want lol. I don't know about the pede but in my lcg I can put in 23/36 mod1 without modifying. If I can find my pic of mod1 compared to 32p. I'll post it

3 in row 32pitch. 20,22 and 24
    4 in row mod1 18, 20, 23 and 29
    Last edited by Er33; 02-02-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Get you where you want lol. I don't know about the pede but in my lcg I can put in 23/36 mod1 without modifying. If I can find my pic of mod1 compared to 32p. I'll post it
    Well I don't really have a specific goal as far as speed, I never thought I would even come close too these speeds. My purpose was too compare the speed difference in these two motors on same voltage, gearing, etc. I do have the 2200kv back now too run on these grps so I will have a accurate comparison on 6s between the two since I was never able too get a full speed pass with the 2650 with the ofnas. I also have some bigger 3s batteries too try as well. If I'm not able too hit a 100 that will be fine for now, but after I get the final results in on these two motors with the grps and bigger batteries, I may go ahead and swap too mod1 but those runs will be on the 2650kv only since I would have too gear way up too make the 2200 reach 100mph. Would be nice too be part of the triple digit club lol. If I do swap too mod1 I will use hot racing 34T spur and not sure on the pinion yet, I'd be ok with cutting into the chassis a little bit since I have a spare chassis that I could use for that purpose, however I will not cut into my aluminum motor mount though.

Wow those things are big!

Wait, those are spur gears right? Not so big after all...

Wait lol what are those spur or pinion?
    Last edited by Briber; 02-02-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Man those things are huge, I just seen where you posted. Send me one lol jk.
    Wow those things are big!

Wait, those are spur gears right? Not so big after all...

Wait lol what are those spur or pinion?
    Those are pinion gears.

Man those things are huge, I just seen where you posted. Send me one lol jk.

Those are pinion gears.
    Okay then back to..... Wow those are big lol. I feel like such a novice still when I can't tell pinions from spurs

Lol it's cool, however the black gear that's off too the side is a 38t mod1 spur gear.

Lol it's cool, however the black gear that's off too the side is a 38t mod1 spur gear.
    You know there's some serious speed ready to happen when your pinion is almost as big as your spur! I assume that's where a 2200kv would come in to play having enough torque to spin all that.

That's correct, if I was running a strict speed runner the 2200kv would be my choice between the two. When you have extreme gearing that's where the 2200kv will shine over the 2650kv, but for my type of speed running the 2650 is the better choice.

That's correct, if I was running a strict speed runner the 2200kv would be my choice between the two. When you have extreme gearing that's where the 2200kv will shine over the 2650kv, but for my type of speed running the 2650 is the better choice.
    I think that's my next motor (2650), but that can is bigger right? My esc will have to move?

2200kv vs 2650kv speeds!

Depends on which esc your using. A MM2 will fit between the motor and servo just like stock, but my MMX wouldn't because it's slightly bigger. However, if I would have been using the stock motor plate at the time it may would have fit but I never tried it. Yes that can is bigger here's a comparison pic between the 2400kv I used too run.

Depends on which esc your using. A MM2 will fit between the motor and servo just like stock, but my MMX wouldn't because it's slightly bigger. However, if I would have been using the stock motor plate at the time it may would have fit but I never tried it.
    Gotcha, btw does your esc have leads for fans or are you going to RX for power?

It has a lead for the esc fan which is already plugged up, and I don't have a motor fan.

My co worker seen my speed videos and he gave me a future idea. He said it would have been hilarious if I had cop lights on the roof flashing when I fly by going that fast. May have too install some of those one day lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is why I run the poseidon 2650 motor. It handles the 29/36 mod1 like my sons 2650 castle on 19/54 temp wise. It out performs my 2200 on 6s.

That is why I run the poseidon 2650 motor. It handles the 29/36 mod1 like my sons 2650 castle on 19/54 temp wise. It out performs my 2200 on 6s.
    You got me wanting one of those Poseidon motors lol. I looked at the specs and it says it's rated for 6s but the max rpm is 50k. On 6s that would be 58,830 rpms. Which is why I don't understand why castle rates their 2650 at 4s when it says 60k max rpm on the motor. What speeds were you getting with that gearing?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You got me wanting one of those Poseidon motors lol. I looked at the specs and it says it's rated for 6s but the max rpm is 50k. On 6s that would be 58,830 rpms. Which is why I don't understand why castle rates their 2650 at 4s when it says 60k max rpm on the motor. What speeds were you getting with that gearing?
    On camera 107 a few times. My fastest was 112 off camera. In some videos on YouTube you see them taking their cars way out there so they can get a good run. I'm afraid to get out that far and if I lose signal for some odd reason I have to hurry and get my signal back since I run on a raid where there's some traffic and there's an intersection where I start at. I don't know if the cars are turning till they actually turn lol. I really need to find a very low traffic area

As for 50k rpm I would say the bigger the gear the longer it takes to get your full max rpm.

Yea I don't like running mine far out either, I've lost signal a couple times and had too run down the road too get signal back lol. This new spot I found is perfect because at the times I go their that part of town is almost deserted, I did almost hit a car last night because I waited on him too pass and then I caught up too him quick and almost hit them ooops lol.

So finally got too run it again, 2650kv with 5000mah 3s batteries I got 97mph with the body on, ran without the body and it didn't make a difference. 2200kv with grp tires hit 89mph so I lost 3mph compared too the ofnas.

Thought I'd just post for ya then you could update as needed.

20/54 pinion & spur
    Batt / kV / MPH / Tires / Weight
    4s
    2200 56mph / glocs
    2650 66mph / glocs

25/50 pinion & spur
    Batt / kV / MPH / Tires / Weight
    2s
    2200 38mph / glocs / 4oz
    2650 46mph / glocs / 4oz
    3s
    2200 53mph / glocs / 4oz
    2650 64mph / glocs / 4oz
    4s
    2200 69mph / glocs / 4oz
    2650 80mph / glocs / 4oz
    6s
    2200 89mph / grp / 12oz
    2200 92mph / ofna/ 12oz
    2650 97mph / grp / 12oz
    2650 N/R / ofna / 12oz (No WOT pass)
    Last edited by Briber; 02-03-2016 at 04:56 PM.

I was looking in your wheel/tire thread when I decided to type this up for ya. Not thinking I hit post to realize it was in the wrong thread lol. That's why its in both...

Best the 2200 produced was 92 with the ofnas with 25/50 gearing
    On what battery?

On what battery?
    6s lipo, appreciate you posting the results in a list like that.

To update 2650 has a best pass of 97mpg with body on and grp tires, 2200 has a best of 89mph with the grp tires body on. Both on 6s lipo with 25/50 gearing.

6s lipo, appreciate you posting the results in a list like that.
    No problem, look right?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast