Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Yep that is correct.

Little late posting these but here are today's runs.
    2650kv 97mph run with body on, body off did not make a difference still 97mph. Used traxxas 5000mah 3s batteries.

2200kv 89mph.
    If I geared too 27/50 which would require chassis mods most likely I could break 100 with the 2650kv, however I don't believe the 2200kv can push over a 100 with 32 pitch gears. Biggest 32 pitch I've seen is 27t so idk if they make bigger ones or not. I would have too gear way way up on 32 pitch before the 2200 could break 100 using grp tires. So if your looking too get 100mph the 2650 is the better choice, if your strictly a speedrunner who would be making multiple passes on 6s constantly I would go with the 2200. There are other motors that could net different results but I only had access too these two castle motors. Since I'm so close too 100 and I decided I'm gonna go mod1 for my 2650, I may test the 2200kv on that gearing as well, but I'm only gonna run one gear setup with mod1 which is 24/36. 25/50 = 2.00 final gear drive and 24/36= 1.50 final gear drive so I should hit 100 with no problem.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like your best bet is mod 1 but since you asked about bigger .32 gears, Kershaw does make a 30 and 35 .32 gear which sounds like you'd have to modify the chassis likr mentioned, but figured I'd comment lol. Interesting info you have here bud.

Yea too run that big of a pinion I would have too do some serious chassis mods. I'm gonna go with 23/36 gearing which requires no mods too run. Was gonna go 24 but just found out from another member that I would have too modify the motor plate for that too work.

RC Qualifier
    What compound did you go with for your GRP tires?

S7 compound

RC Qualifier
    I'm debating if I want to get 2 sets of tires, one for bashing and one for speed or just get an all around bashing tire. I'm on concrete and grass so it's kind of two opposites...

How do you like your GRPs or would you just recommend a set of G-locs and be done with it?

I have a 3 sets of tires for off road and two sets for on road purposes. I love my grps they perform great. As far as the g-locs or grps it depends on what your looking for. If your wanting too hit high speeds above 80mph I'd recommend getting the grps, however for 80mph and under the g-locs will do just fine. Grps and g-locs are pretty much useless off-road.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I might just stock up on a few sets of eBay tires for now. Once I get the buggy config situated I can start dialing in tires I guess.

Thanks for the feedback, and nice work on your pede.

No problem and thanks.

So does going mod 1 require modification?

Nice job on those passes, its crazy how fast that thing goes!

I can't help imagine.... You know.... Jumping a ramp at that speed lol. Yes I gotta go there ;-)
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Depends on how high you go on gearing. It requires no mods too swap over too mod1 gearing unless you start gearing up high. I found out earlier I can use a 23/36 gearing with no mods, but with a 24 would require chassis mod and cutting the slot out in the motor plate some. You can drop too a 34 spur and possibly run a 24t without mods but I cannot find a plastic 34t only steel and their like 20 bucks from hot racing, I believe other brands make them too. I was gonna use the hot racing 34t but that would cost over 30 bucks for that spur and a new pinion, with me using the 36 plastic spur plus a new pinion it's only costing me 13 bucks. Yea I know, I never thought I would ever be going this fast when I first bought it. I'll let you be the Guinea pig on hitting a ramp at those speeds haha.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There's also 31 mod1 spur gears lol. Might be able to fit a bigger pinion then.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Depends on how high you go on gearing. It requires no mods too swap over too mod1 gearing unless you start gearing up high. I found out earlier I can use a 23/36 gearing with no mods, but with a 24 would require chassis mod and cutting the slot out in the motor plate some. You can drop too a 34 spur and possibly run a 24t without mods but I cannot find a plastic 34t only steel and their like 20 bucks from hot racing, I believe other brands make them too. I was gonna use the hot racing 34t but that would cost over 30 bucks for that spur and a new pinion, with me using the 36 plastic spur plus a new pinion it's only costing me 13 bucks. Yea I know, I never thought I would ever be going this fast when I first bought it. I'll let you be the Guinea pig on hitting a ramp at those speeds haha.
    So is that the next step, find 34 in plastic and go 24/34?

Yea when I win the loto and am rich. When it comes back down and hits the ground it ain't gonna be pretty or cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    There's also 31 mod1 spur gears lol. Might be able to fit a bigger pinion then.
    I did not know that, wow that could be some serious gearing with that spur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    So is that the next step, find 34 in plastic and go 24/34?

Yea when I win the loto and am rich. When it comes back down and hits the ground it ain't gonna be pretty or cheap!
    Na I'm gonna go with 23/36 which equals a final drive ratio of 1.56 compared too my 25/50 ratio which is 2.00. Yea I could see parts flying everywhere.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep it's $23 it's steal too. I always ran plastic Spurs but that might be the only steal spur gear I'd run.

I just found it, I myself don't really want too run a steel spur, but if I had a on road rig only I would give that spur a try. Wish I had the money too just build another p4de for speedrunning only.

Finally got my new gears, 25/50 on the top which is what I've been running and 23/36 mod1 on the bottom.

So cool! Look forward to seeing new results. Show a few pics of the install if you can.

Will do, also got a aluminum shock tower for the front as well. Will post pocs

Will do, also got a aluminum shock tower for the front as well. Will post pocs
    Were u running stock front twrs?

When can we expect some new results?

Had rpm towers and ruined both from crashes so decided too try aluminum. Already had the back one but front has been on back order for a couple weeks I just got it in today. Have been running the stock front since I ruined the rpm tower. Mod1 gears installed, the 23 barely clears the chassis.
    Will be making some passes at about 12:30am or so. Have too wait till traffic in town dies down before I can go.

RC Qualifier
    Look forward to the numbers, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Look forward to the numbers, good luck.
    Thanks, looking forward too it myself.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Uh oh somebody going to have fun tonight lol. Man I couldn't see myself driving at night time even with street lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Uh oh somebody going to have fun tonight lol. Man I couldn't see myself driving at night time even with street lights.
    lol it's not that bad, those bumper lights help out greatly when I'm turning around after a run.

Well disappointing night, grps would not hook up tonight due too really cold weather, kept spinning out and couldn't get in a good run, ended up sideswiping a sidewalk and messed up a tire. Had too reglue it letting it dry now and will retry tmw when it is warmer. Best I done tonight was 95mph, will retry tmw in warm weather and see if it has more in it.

Well disappointing night, grps would not hook up tonight due too really cold weather, kept spinning out and couldn't get in a good run, ended up sideswiping a sidewalk and messed up a tire. Had too reglue it letting it dry now and will retry tmw when it is warmer. Best I done tonight was 95mph, will retry tmw in warm weather and see if it has more in it.
    That stinks! Good thing it was just a tire as I was reading I was like oh no........ Oh that's a relief lol.

Wow that's tight. With so little room I'm surprised there's even room for adjustment against spur.

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    That stinks! Good thing it was just a tire as I was reading I was like oh no........ Oh that's a relief lol.

Wow that's tight. With so little room I'm surprised there's even room for adjustment against spur.
    Yea I know I was bummed out haha, it has more room than it looks, but you can't pull the motor back far enough to get it to free roll if you wanted too through.

So made some runs today first couple runs hit 97 then ended up melting the series connector so didn't post that video because it shows me walking a long ways too even retrieve my p4de. Went too lhs picked up another series connector and tried again. Made two passes and again melted the new connector so I guess it's pulling too many amps with this gearing. So again I didn't post the video because it shows me walking a long ways too retrieve it plus my brother called me and messed up the recording. Anyways here's the results
    So ya'll can welcome the general into the triple digit club. I'm at the lhs now and we're making a better series connector with thicker wire so I can get video proof and make it official.

So made some runs today first couple runs hit 97 then ended up melting the series connector so didn't post that video because it shows me walking a long ways too even retrieve my p4de. Went too lhs picked up another series connector and tried again. Made two passes and again melted the new connector so I guess it's pulling too many amps with this gearing. So again I didn't post the video because it shows me walking a long ways too retrieve it plus my brother called me and messed up the recording. Anyways here's the results
    So ya'll can welcome the general into the triple digit club. I'm at the lhs now and we're making a better series connector with thicker wire so I can get video proof and make it official.
    Congrats!! Wow that's so cool.

Thanks, ol p4de was flying.

RC Qualifier
    Congratulations, no proof necessary here. Been cool watching your truck's transformation.

I know but I like too have videos lol I have the 2200kv still so I plan on running it tmw as well too see what it will do. Indeed it has, bout ready too go back to my off-road setup.

I know but I like too have videos lol I have the 2200kv still so I plan on running it tmw as well too see what it will do. Indeed it has, bout ready too go back to my off-road setup.
    Yea we don't need vid confirmation but it is so cool to watch so my vote is for the video!

Do you think the 2200's draw will be different enough to stop the connection failure? How did you keep it from failing on the 100mph pass?

Yes their will be video, hopefully tmw. We made a new connector using thicker wire, the connector I was using had 16awg wire, I believe it may have been a connector for the mini revo, it was getting hot on 6s and I guess with this new gearing setup was making it draw more amps than the previous runs on 25/50 32 pitch gearing. It did fail on the 100mph pass which is why I never posted the video because I had too walk a very long ways too retrieve it. I do have the video for my 100mph pass, but it's really long and never showed the gps since my brother called and interrupted my video.
    Here's the new connector.

Yes their will be video, hopefully tmw. We made a new connector using thicker wire, the connector I was using had 16awg wire, I believe it may have been a connector for the mini revo, it was getting hot on 6s and I guess with this new gearing setup was making it draw more amps than the previous runs on 25/50 32 pitch gearing. It did fail on the 100mph pass which is why I never posted the video because I had too walk a very long ways too retrieve it. I do have the video for my 100mph pass, but it's really long and never showed the gps since my brother called and interrupted my video.
    Here's the new connector.
    Only thing I had was 5awg. Went through 3 tips on soldering gun by the time it was all said and done because it took so much heat to get that wire hot enough to melt solder. After wire was soldered to gold lead I took exacto and shaved off solder, bit by bit, until it slid all the way in and locked in to black plastic connector.

Id trade you but I'm in parallel and your in series :-(
    Last edited by Briber; 02-07-2016 at 11:02 PM.

2200kv vs 2650kv speeds!

Man that sounds like a pain lol. This one should hold up fine, I tried this gearing on 4s too see how much higher it really is geared compared too previous setup. On 4s geared 25/50 with grp the 2650 did 73, retried with new mod1 23/36 and hit 83 so it's geared up a good bit. Yea ill trade your p4de will go up in flames of glory with the series connector lol. That thing is huge.

Man that sounds like a pain lol. This one should hold up fine, I tried this gearing on 4s too see how much higher it really is geared compared too previous setup. On 4s geared 25/50 with grp the 2650 did 73, retried with new mod1 23/36 and hit 83 so it's geared up a good bit. Yea ill trade your p4de will go up in flames of glory with the series connector lol. That thing is huge.
    Wow 10mph increase in gearing. So that 100mph may actually be 107 if previously you hit 97mph...

Yea that's for when I work my way up to running 2 10000mah 6s's with 21/50.... on brushed motor.....

Lmbo yea right, jk of course!

I'm sure drag is not gonna let me hit 107, could get close possibly if it was setup differently. Right now I might as well be trying too push a brick through the wind lol. Would love too see you do that, you must get that on video for us too enjoy lol.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast