RC Racer

Learn from my mistakes...

Been having a blast with the truck. I have broken a few things now but I must say that most of the stuff I broke was from my abusive driving style and not the quality of the parts. (Except for shock shafts, they need some re-engineering)

Broke the inside attachment piece off of the rear upper A arm, the place where the front pivot pin set screw is. No sweat, orderd a new one and some spares. Got my new arms and went to install them and found out the pivot pin was now too long. Well, after a few cuss words and some deep pondering I realized that I needed another part. There's a little plastic spacer that the set screw and pivot pin goes through that is not a part of the upper A arm! (Part #7743, suspension pin retainer) Seeing how it was Saturday night and I wanted to bash on Sunday I really needed that part. Got my flashlight and went out back to where I crashed and broke the A arm and actually found the little broken piece with the retainer on it.

So if you bust a upper A arm make sure you pick up all the pieces or remember to order #7743 along with your new upper A arms.

Did the exact same thing. I actually had to go to the LHS and pick up 4 of them. Lessons learned that's what I like to call it.
    Mine also broke in the exact same spot. The pin retainer screw hole is actually in a really bad spot on the upper and lower control arms. Been thinking about maybe engineering another method to retain the pin. Then fill that hole with epoxy.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches