RC Enthusiast

looking for crawler tires mounted on rims

Just bought the traxxas telluride. Wondering if anyone makes crawler tires mounted on rims. Or any beadlock rims and tires that would fit with no modification to the telluride.

RC Qualifier
    I don't think Crawler tires come pre mounted on wheels. You could get Vanquish SLW compatible beadlocks in either 1.9 or 2.2 and use the tire of your choice. You could also use a short course truck sized beadlock and use a Pitbull short course truck super soft tire or something like a Proline Badlands tire. These are the only things that I know of that you can use without modification.

RC Racer
    I have been using Proline short course Super Swampers on mine,they work great for all around use of trailing and crawling.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks I will look at those

RC Champion
    I'm using the Proline M3 compound Trencher SCT (original treaded sidewall version) on their Protrac Beadlocks on mine with HPI Soft SCT Foams on mine.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    I don't think Crawler tires come pre mounted on wheels. You could get Vanquish SLW compatible beadlocks in either 1.9 or 2.2 and use the tire of your choice. You could also use a short course truck sized beadlock and use a Pitbull short course truck super soft tire or something like a Proline Badlands tire. These are the only things that I know of that you can use without modification.
    No, he couldn't. Some 1.9 rims work, because they are so narrow there isn't much material sticking out the rear to interfere with the knuckles.

But, the only 2.2 rims that will work on a Telly are rpm crawler wide revolvers. They have a full offset and will work. Most 2.2 rims won't fit around the knuckle on a telluride. If the rpm revolvers are used, they increase your track a fair bit, and steering suffers (although that may be negligible). Whether it's worth the trade off is up to you.

I have modified some rustler front knuckles to fit and made 2.2 rims work. Mostly because I had some aluminum beadlocks I wanted to use.

Short of that, your best bet would be to get some 2.2 crawler tires, and modify them to fit on proline's 2.2/3.0 beadlocks. I have done this with g8 compound super swampers, and with some r35 2.2 Axial ripsaws. Trim the 3.0 side of the tire a bit to fit and it works well.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Hello, I know of a set of beadlock wheel and tire combination that will be great! I have it on my Slash 4x4 Ultimate Edition! Of course I have pictures

Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    I'm using the Proline M3 compound Trencher SCT (original treaded sidewall version) on their Protrac Beadlocks on mine with HPI Soft SCT Foams on mine.
    I'd love to see these in action bjoe! I've contemplated picking them up a time or three. I have some g8 swampers for when I'm in more crawling and mud mode, but I'm afraid of tearing them if I wanna do some more speed and bashing type of playing. I'm torn between these and badlands, as a fella on Rccrawler says his badlands do some mild crawling pretty well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    No, he couldn't. Some 1.9 rims work, because they are so narrow there isn't much material sticking out the rear to interfere with the knuckles.

But, the only 2.2 rims that will work on a Telly are rpm crawler wide revolvers. They have a full offset and will work. Most 2.2 rims won't fit around the knuckle on a telluride. If the rpm revolvers are used, they increase your track a fair bit, and steering suffers (although that may be negligible). Whether it's worth the trade off is up to you.

I have modified some rustler front knuckles to fit and made 2.2 rims work. Mostly because I had some aluminum beadlocks I wanted to use.

Short of that, your best bet would be to get some 2.2 crawler tires, and modify them to fit on proline's 2.2/3.0 beadlocks. I have done this with g8 compound super swampers, and with some r35 2.2 Axial ripsaws. Trim the 3.0 side of the tire a bit to fit and it works well.
    This is what I was talking about. The .225's will work with 1.9 sized wheels. They also make them for 2.2's as well.
    http://supershafty.com/2-wheels/258-...x-hub-225.html

Here's a video of a Telly with 1.9 Method beadlocks using the SLW. 225.

https://youtu.be/Uv4-hN_bFA8

RC Qualifier
    There are 6 screws that bolt the SLW hub onto the wheel. It's just enough to make the wheels stick out far enough so it doesn't rub. If you want it a little wider use a wider SLW hub.

Ahh okay. So basically it just spaces them out wide enough not to interfere with the knuckle, like the revolvers?

I don't personally like going super wide on a telluride, but it is nice to know of another 2.2 option that works.

I got my 1.9 ripsaws to work by running the grey hexes from the front of a Rustler.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 01-29-2016 at 11:40 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Ahh okay. So basically it just spaces them out wide enough not to interfere with the knuckle, like the revolvers?

I don't personally like going super wide on a telluride, but it is nice to know of another 2.2 option that works.

I got my 1.9 ripsaws to work by running the grey hexes from the front of a Rustler.
    Yes exactly. Just enough space to not rub on the knuckle or cause other steering issues.

I also have ripsaws from my Axial Wraith. I'll have to try the Rustler hexes as well. I have 11 millimeter wideners on my Wraith but I feel that it would be too wide on the Telly. Thanks for the heads up on that

It was just enough to work, and of course it's also super cheap. I have the 1.9 ripsaws (r35), and a set of 2.2 r 35 ripsaws modified to work on proline split sixes.

RC Enthusiast
    I solved my problems with looking for tires mounted just going to order a scale truck rtr lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Hello, I know of a set of beadlock wheel and tire combination that will be great! I have it on my Slash 4x4 Ultimate Edition! Of course I have pictures

These have to be the coolest short course beadlock wheels I've ever seen, with one of my favorite short course Tires! Do these wheels hold on to the tires? How do they hold up to bashing? Are they heavy?

Mounting tires, especially on beadlocks, really isn't hard at all.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I agree. I mounted up a set of tires on beadlocks for my Axial Wraith a year ago Christmas time. It was then that I saw the light. At that point I bought a set of pro-line renegade ProTrac beadlocks with STRC locking rings for my TLR 22sct 2.0 short course truck.

I suck at gluing tires. I don't do it enough to get good at it. Beadlocks are so much easier for me. I'm not a serious racer. I just go to the track to drive for fun. I wanted to know how those aluminum beadlocks hold a tire under power, because some beadlocks don't.

I glue tires well enough to be fully functional, but it isn't always pretty. Haha. I tend to get excess glue on the tire or rim. But my vehicles are never shelf queens!

RC Qualifier
    LOL. I usually get one or two tires where the bead of the tire didn't sit quite right in the rim causing the balance to be off and the tire to hop a little bit as I'm driving the truck. Ticks me off

RC Racer
    Here are the tires I been using on mine.

My newest tire. Pit Bulls.

These have to be the coolest short course beadlock wheels I've ever seen, with one of my favorite short course Tires! Do these wheels hold on to the tires? How do they hold up to bashing? Are they heavy?
    Sorry for taking so long to respond. Thank you for the compliment! These are by far the absolute best beadlock wheels I have ever used! I don't use a spec of glue or anything else. These rims have held tires on at 60+ mph without any slippage of the tire

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd View Post
    Here are the tires I been using on mine.

My newest tire. Pit Bulls.
    How do you like the Pitbulls for crawling vs the Badlands?

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for taking so long to respond. Thank you for the compliment! These are by far the absolute best beadlock wheels I have ever used! I don't use a spec of glue or anything else. These rims have held tires on at 60+ mph without any slippage of the tire
    What servo do you have in your truck to turn these wheels? I know they're a little heavier than a plastic wheel. I love these wheels, but I have a hard time spending $140 on a set of wheels for a truck. Although they would probably be the last set of wheels I would buy.

I'm fairly certain El Sob just uses a standard 2075.

I'm fairly certain El Sob just uses a standard 2075.
    You, my friend, are correct! I love the stock servo! It does what it is supposed to do and does it well. The stock servo has absolutely no problem turning those wheels. You are right MaXDee! Those rims should last forever

I do agree the stock servo is pretty nifty for the price point.

RC Qualifier
    I'm running the ProTrac suspension on my Slash . Will these rims work. Can you get a 0 Losi offset with them?

I am pretty sure that they would stick way out. The Pro-Trac suspension has flat face rims like a front wheel drive. These are a deep dish wheel.

RC Qualifier
    I am pretty sure that they would stick way out. The Pro-Trac suspension has flat face rims like a front wheel drive. These are a deep dish wheel.
    If I do decide to buy them, I could always just throw the stock a-arms back on. I've still got all of the stock turnbuckles in my tool box ready to go. Thanks for the heads up.

RC Racer
    The Pitbulls are much softer overall so I find they work for me better overall. I really like those tires. The Trenchers and Badlands are a nice change so I still run them. Since I use this truck so much I like to change the tires just for the fun of it.

RC Qualifier
    Do you use the Telly more than AX10? Which truck do you find is more fun to drive overall?

RC Racer
    Do you use the Telly more than AX10? Which truck do you find is more fun to drive overall?
    I use the Telluride way more. If I only could keep one of the stuff I have I will take the Telluride.

If you were to put the Badlands next to the Rock Beast the first thing you would immediately notice is that the Rock Beast tires are flat on the tread area. The Badlands are rounded. The Rock Beast gives you more surface area on the top of the tire. I think the Badlands may be a longer lasting tire. The Rock Beast is a better performing tire.

The Rock Beast is a crawling tire. It will almost surely outperform a badland in crawling situations. That's what it was designed for!

I really like the g8 super swampers.

The Rock Beast tires have been a very solid tire. I have had good performance from them in mud, dirt, grass and pavement. I have been extremely happy with them!

RC Racer
    What type of rims our those.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sorry for the length of time it took to respond. They are Raceline rims by rc4wd.com! I have really grown quite fond of them

RC Racer
    Sorry for the length of time it took to respond. They are Raceline rims by rc4wd.com! I have really grown quite fond of them
    Thanks those rims are awesome. I will have to check them out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk