RC Competitor

get the 2 axis gimbal now or wait fit the three?

Just like the title says. Spend the 100 on the 2 axis now. Or wait for the 3 axis?

I watched a video on YouTube from the 2 axis and it seemed kinda chunky if that makes sense. So far in happy with the quality the stock mount works.

I'd like ti hear your opinions

RC Racer
    Well I have not seen the 3 axis yet but it will be the same mount as the 2 axis with a swivel axis point. The 2 axis works just like it should. Program the set point and the camera points in that direction at all times.

RC Qualifier
    I'm in the same boat. I think the 2 axis is adequate but then I read about the 3 axis gimbal control in flight link (I guess the 2 axis will not have the feature) and FPV framing.. Will that be part of the 3 axis or separate.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

Traxxas Employee
    It just depends on your needs. If you want a gimbal for camera usage, you would be fine with the 2 axis. I've used a GoPro on the 2 axis and it's been able to do absolutely everything I needed.

RC Qualifier
    What does the 2 axis offer better than the regular mount? Both point forward but see the 2 axis can be positioned different before take off. Why spend the bucks when you can just turn the aton toward your object ou want to film?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    What does the 2 axis offer better than the regular mount? Both point forward but see the 2 axis can be positioned different before take off. Why spend the bucks when you can just turn the aton toward your object ou want to film?
    The fixed position points where ever the copter points and the video shows every pitch and turn. The two axis gimbal points in the same direction but allows the Aton to move all over the place while the camera stays steady.

RC Qualifier
    Is that in full turn around too? Don't own the 2 axis gimbal so don't know the capabilities.

RC poster
    Can anyone send me a link for the 3 axas gimble can,t find it anywere on the traxxas site

RC Qualifier

Traxxas Employee
    It's an active gimbal. It compensates for Aton movement and keeps your camera level. With the fixed mount, your picture will tilt every time you change direction. With the 2-Axis gimbal, the picture stays clear and level.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    It's an active gimbal. It compensates for Aton movement and keeps your camera level. With the fixed mount, your picture will tilt every time you change direction. With the 2-Axis gimbal, the picture stays clear and level.
    Thanks for the clarification.

RC Qualifier
    i would love a timeframe for the 3 axis.. early 2016. i guess that includes february - march..