RC poster

merv stopped moving

I bought this rc a few days ago, about a week. I've used it about 4 times. So I'm using it and for no reason the car stops responding to my transmitter. The car was about 20 feet from me. So I walk up about 10 feet and it gets up and goes like normal. 2 minutes later it stops responding and now I can't get it to move.
    I've tried bonding the receiver to the transmitter but both just blink red indefinitely. I recharged the battery and tried again but no luck. I opened up the box to the receiver and check all the connections, everything was on tight.
    Does anyone know what it could be?

Disconnect the servo and see if you have throttle, if that isnt it try a new reciver.

What lights are you seeing on the esc and on the reciver?

RC poster
    The esc is green and the receiver is solid red. I'll try disconnecting the servo

RC poster
    So I disconnected the servo and no throttle.

RC Qualifier
    ASSUMING it is a 2.4 radio system ( is it ? ) Solid red on the reciever indicates no comunication to the transmitter. The receiver on the truck should be green IF its a traxxas 2.4 system.

Rebind the transmitter.

I have a funny feeling you may have damaged the receiver wire and just dont realise it. picture of the END of the antenna would be helpful.

RC poster
    I can't bind the transmitter. Both the transmitter and the receiver flash red indefinitely when I try to bind them together. I'll take a photo of the antenna. I was just doing figure 8s and such on the street when it stopped responding
    The radio system is a 2.4 tq not tqi.

Are the batteries in the controller new?

RC poster
    Yeah the batteries didn't come with the controller so I had to buy some

RC poster
    I left it alone over night. I unplugged everything and put it back together. Now it works like new.

RC poster
    I got the Merv up and running. I've made lots of upgrades and am currently waiting on new ring and pinion gears as ive stripped my rear diff with my first run on 2s. I'll post pics once I'm able to paint the new body which is on its way. So in the mean time I'm wondering. I want my Merv to have avc. I'm planning on buying the spectrum dx4s and srs4210 receiver. Do any of you know if the receiver will fit? Ive seen it on utube and it looks small enough. Furthermore, do any of you know if said receiver will work with the Merv or will there be issues with it and the ESC? If there are no issues I'll buy it and post videos so you guys can see it in action. The receiver and transmitter together will cost about as much as the Merv, so I want to make sure it'll work before I buy it.