RC Enthusiast

Question Thinking about buying the new E-revo

Hey guys,

After owning my slash 4x4 for 1 year i feel the need of getting a new traxxas! I've been really tempted to buy the E-revo brushless with the whole waterproof/tsm/tqi link package.
    It seems very expensive (+1000$ CAD) but I would sell my gaming pc that i've wasted too much time using the past months to buy the e-revo.

Do you guys feel like the $1000 e-revo is really worth it? Any heads up or anything before i buy it?

RC Champion
    I would just get the brushless edition without all the fancy things. Especially with the dollars being so low.

I dont think you need all the fancy stuff anyways...

RC Enthusiast
    Merci du conseil :-)

With a Revo and a Slash in your arsenal, there wont be anywhere you couldn't go. You'll have a basher and racer.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    With a Revo and a Slash in your arsenal, there wont be anywhere you couldn't go. You'll have a basher and racer.
    Indeed! I'd love to have a Slash, Revo and summit as a completed collection. The dream

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pouchon View Post
    Hey guys,

After owning my slash 4x4 for 1 year i feel the need of getting a new traxxas! I've been really tempted to buy the E-revo brushless with the whole waterproof/tsm/tqi link package.
    It seems very expensive (+1000$ CAD) but I would sell my gaming pc that i've wasted too much time using the past months to buy the e-revo.

Do you guys feel like the $1000 e-revo is really worth it? Any heads up or anything before i buy it?
    Just traded my slash 4x4 memo system with all the hop ups for a erevo and I love my decision

RC Racer
    Pouchon,

I just sent you a PM

I was in the same boat as you but then realized that the non-tsm, but brushless models were $650cdn. Found mine at best buy, probably clearing at last gens for the new tsm.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix243 View Post
    I was in the same boat as you but then realized that the non-tsm, but brushless models were $650cdn. Found mine at best buy, probably clearing at last gens for the new tsm.
    From what i see, the 650$ e-revo on Bestbuy is the one without the mamba monster, and the one with the mamba monster is 1000$. I want the mamba monster one I cant find a mamba monster one without tsm tho.
    Last edited by pouchon; 02-03-2016 at 04:10 PM.

RC Racer
    Buddy just got the one with all the bells and wistles and I've drove it a few times... worth every penny... 799.99 at hobby shop... not in Canada tho we in usa not sure of exchange rate but still worth every penny. Definitely get 2s lipos and gear it up... he getting about 38 mph in my yard... ran it on my 2 3s lipos today he got it up to 46 I got it up to 56 but had to let off ran out of room cannot floor it gotta go easy or it just flips over backwar ds... I'm getting one as soon as I can. I just got an xmaxx and love it...

Quote Originally Posted by pouchon View Post
    From what i see, the 650$ e-revo on Bestbuy is the one without the mamba monster, and the one with the mamba monster is 1000$. I want the mamba monster one I cant find a mamba monster one without tsm tho.
    No, its brushless with the MM. Just found out today that it's missing the TSM & the GPS module which the new ones have built in. Which is weird cause the transmitter has the docking base. Oh well.

Edit: I paid 700 actually. And BB no longer does have ERBE's. I figured that was a window for them selling out the last gen to bring in the new.
    Last edited by Matrix243; 02-04-2016 at 05:37 PM.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Quote Originally Posted by Drty42 View Post
    Buddy just got the one with all the bells and wistles and I've drove it a few times... worth every penny... 799.99 at hobby shop... not in Canada tho we in usa not sure of exchange rate but still worth every penny. Definitely get 2s lipos and gear it up... he getting about 38 mph in my yard... ran it on my 2 3s lipos today he got it up to 46 I got it up to 56 but had to let off ran out of room cannot floor it gotta go easy or it just flips over backwar ds... I'm getting one as soon as I can. I just got an xmaxx and love it...
    That's 1200 to get that here with conversion, shipping and duty.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Competitor
    Get a used one if ur going to run 6s, trust me ur always going to be crashing it and getting it dirty and working on it

RC Racer
    I just sold my vxl 4x4 pede to build a brushless mxl6s maxx to go with my crawler dewalt maxx, got the summit 2 years ago, and bought the erbe 6 months ago, that's my dream team, home run every time.

RC Racer
    I paid 929.00 canadian plus tax for mine, and yeah i'd do it again. if your worried about the price buy a used brushed one and a cheap brushless 4s system.