Thread: X-Maxx Update

X-Maxx Update

We apologize for the delay in product availability and have some additional information to share.

Product: Traxxas X-Maxx Monster Truck Model #77076-4 with #3365 VXL-6s electronic speed control (ESC)

Issue: Traxxas has received three reports of a fire erupting in the VXL-6s electronic speed control.

As soon as Traxxas became aware of the issue, we worked to develop a solution. That solution is a replaceable fusible link. When a speed control demands excess amounts of current, the fusible link will fail, safely disconnecting the supply of power to the speed control.

Traxxas is working with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) on a voluntary recall and should announce this formally in the coming days. In the meantime, to obtain your fusible link, please visit www.traxxas.com/support/repair-exchange/20160115.

We believe that this will be the only modification needed to assure that on rare occasion an electronic speed control fails in this manner, there will be no chance of fire. We will advise when we have CPSC’s formal approval on this matter.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this process.
    Last edited by TireSlinger; 02-04-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn