Thread: crush drive.

RC Qualifier

crush drive.

I just bought a xo1. The diffs are basically the same as the Erbe. The XO1 has a bigger motor why aren't they breaking the diffs on the Xo1. I understand the Erbe has bigger tires and gets the crap beat out of it. But would the crush drive, instead of a slipper fit/help the diffs in the Erbe.

RC Champion
    Its the way the pinion and ring gear fit together that loosen up over time and strips the gears.
    A solid drive shaft don't allow this kind of changes..

A reason why I never had issues with my Stampede 4x4 I guess..

RC Qualifier
    I'm sorry I mispronounced,it's called the cush drive on the Xo1.

RC Racer
    What breaks the diffs in the revo are the heavy diffing caused by a tire coming off the ground and off angle landings. The xo1 isnt about to catch air or 3 wheel a turn anytime soon. The slipper in the Erevo is very important to allow for a lot of slippage. It takes the shock out of landings and also terrain changes. The cush drive is basically a elimination of the slipper with a bit of shock absorbing. It cant spin over a rotation and wont be able to 'shock' the drivetrain enough for the revo.
    Need more parts.

RC Qualifier
    I appreciate the reply. I understand what you're saying, because even with the more powerful motor my XO1 can't do back flips. .witch is what broke the front diff in my Erbe.