My Lipo charger broke

It's a Sigma II EQ lipo balancer and charger I have with is at least 4-5 years and at first a week and half ago it was the fan I could hear running dry and making a horrible screeching noise so I took it apart and pulled just the fan out to re lubricate the bushing and put it back inside, it worked great for the night of charging a couple of my 2S batteries. The next day I plug it in to charge another battery and it starts screeching again, oh boy here I go disassembling again. The second time I used some thrust bearing grease thinking that ought of fix it for good. A week later since yesterday it screeched one more time and I knew I needed a new fan, while I was taking it apart again and getting a voltage reading from the fan connector I heard something pop while messing with it. The charger still powers on and everything but the old fan (relubed it with black grease) now turns on when plugged in but not while charging and when I set it to charge a battery the fan turns off.

Now I don't want to risk using this charger on my batteries, it was a good charger and now I need to buy a new one that's not too expensive but of good quality.
    I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low.

Are you asking for recommendations?
    If so, what are your requirements and price range? Be as specific as possible.

I see your (late) charger was a 5 Amp, 50 Watt unit. Most chargers available today are more capable.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-02-2016 at 05:30 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I use the venom opr2.0 it is a good all around charger with balance and storage as well as normal charge. The only drawback is that it only charges 1 battery at a time.
    smooth is fast

2S and 3S all the time.
    I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low.

I've been pretty satisfied with my iCharger 206B, which is 20 amps, and once I added a parallel charging board, I can charge up to 6 batteries at a time (as long as they're the same cell rating, i.e. all 2S). It has lots of features, including cycling the batteries, storage charge/discharge mode. The downside is it requires an external power supply, but it makes for a pretty versatile setup.

Here's a link to the charger, with power supply and balance board... link $180, but it's a great setup. Just my preference.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

I use a Hyperion EOS0610i DUO and I am very pleased with it. Its capable of charging at up to 10amps at 360watts. It can also charge two lipos at once which is a fantastic feature for me. I love mine.
    37 Fightercat Shocker
    Traxxas Spartan

Still waiting for the all new Hitec.

2x Hitec (red one)
    New X2-700
    Traxxas Dual

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by OlorinTharkun View Post
    I've been pretty satisfied with my iCharger 206B, which is 20 amps, and once I added a parallel charging board, I can charge up to 6 batteries at a time (as long as they're the same cell rating, i.e. all 2S). It has lots of features, including cycling the batteries, storage charge/discharge mode. The downside is it requires an external power supply, but it makes for a pretty versatile setup.

Here's a link to the charger, with power supply and balance board... link $180, but it's a great setup. Just my preference.
    206b is a great setup especially if you can source a power supply on your own. I think I'm into my setup including parallel charging board for ~$115.