Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RC poster
    Now that I'm looking at it there is no temp. Sensor on the Castle 2028 motor..

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspengt View Post
    Double Back Flip Attempt Fails. And shredded yet another tire! Come on Proline!

love the videos!

RC poster
    So with throttle reversed on transmitter and direction reversed on motor, I can get full speed/ throttle but esc is blinking red and when I push up to apply brakes, it throws it immediately in reverse...if I pull the trigger all the way down, the led will be solid red.... not sure where to go from here

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XMaxx2015 View Post
    So with throttle reversed on transmitter and direction reversed on motor, I can get full speed/ throttle but esc is blinking red and when I push up to apply brakes, it throws it immediately in reverse...if I pull the trigger all the way down, the led will be solid red.... not sure where to go from here
    I had nothing but issues with the stock traxxas receiver and controller for both X-maxx trucks. Reversed and extremely show. In the end I just switched to another receiver and all fixed.

RC Qualifier
    You can use the temp sensor that was on the original motor on the 2028. As long as the temp sensor is plugged in you should be good to go. I have successfully calibrated/used both the Castle Mamba Monster X ESC as well as the Castle XL-X with the stock Traxxas receiver/transmitter. I guarantee I did not have to reverse the throttle channel or change any other settings on the transmitter or ESC to get everything working.

Honestly I would start from scratch. If you still have the stock motor/esc, I would just try plugging the stock esc back into the receiver and see if you can re-calibrate the stock esc. Test and see after calibration if full throttle gives you a green esc light and full reverse a red light. You don't have to install these items in the truck, just rig them up for testing purposes. If that all works then I would tell me that you are doing something wrong during calibration, or somethings going on with the Castle ESC. Just out of curiosity do you have the trigger set to 50/50 or 70/30?

RC poster
    50/50 is how I have it a set up

RC poster
    So I called Castle and was able to calibrate via steering wheel turning left and right.. we switched the steering snd throttle channels in order to do that... still leaves me being unable to calibrate the esc... any idea let me know

RC Qualifier
    So I called Castle and was able to calibrate via steering wheel turning left and right.. we switched the steering snd throttle channels in order to do that... still leaves me being unable to calibrate the esc... any idea let me know
    Ok, so to recap and correct me if I'm wrong.

Stock traxxas receiver
    Temp sensor plugged in correctly
    Can't calibrate esc
    XMAXX is slow in forward still
    Steering still backwards

Is that everything?

RC poster
    They do not have a temperature sensor hooked up to the castle 2028 motor. Stock receiver, steering works perfectly fine.. only issues that I cannot calibrate the ESC slow forward throttle..flashing green light. It never goes to valid green even when full throttle is reached. When I go to calibrate, there are no tones like it's just looking for the full throttle position the whole time.

RC Qualifier
    They do not have a temperature sensor hooked up to the castle 2028 motor. Stock receiver, steering works perfectly fine.. only issues that I cannot calibrate the ESC slow forward throttle..flashing green light. It never goes to valid green even when full throttle is reached. When I go to calibrate, there are no tones like it's just looking for the full throttle position the whole time.
    I don't think I'm uderstanding you correctly. You keep saying there is no temp sensor hooked up to the castle motor.

Do you have the factory temp sensor that was hooked up to the factory motor still plugged into the receiver? It needs to be plugged in. If not it will never give full throttle input to your esc which seems to be your calibration problem as you were able to calibrate it after switching channels.

This sensor can be taped or zip tied to the 2028 so it will read motor temp.

RC poster
    I had Kershaw do the build and he did not include any original electronics besides receiver transmitter and servo. I have a bone Stock X maxx as well so I'll try and,take it from there and see if that works. I didn't think it was necessary to have it.... I'm hoping thay,solves the problem.

RC Qualifier
    I had Kershaw do the build and he did not include any original electronics besides receiver transmitter and servo. I have a bone Stock X maxx as well so I'll try and,take it from there and see if that works. I didn't think it was necessary to have it.... I'm hoping thay,solves the problem.
    Yes you need to have the stock temp sensor plugged into the receiver. Otherwise you will never be able to calibrate the esc because the receiver goes into a restricted mode without the stock temp sensor plugged in.

RC Qualifier
    X2015- let us know if plugging in the stock temp sensor fixes everything for you.

RC poster
    Yes I was able to calibrate... now just need to test it out tomorrow... will keep you posted !!

RC Enthusiast
    Double Back Flip Attempt Fails. And shredded yet another tire! Come on Proline!

How do you stop it from flipping while it's in the air?

RC Qualifier
    You control the car in the air with the throttle. So if you hit the brakes in the air the car will stop flipping of flip forward
    RC. an addiction I'm proud of

RC poster
    All good guys !! Calibrated the first time once temp sensor was plugged in.. Thanks so much for the help !! Thing is a beast !! Power on demand! !

RC Qualifier
    Like a glove! Haha....... Yes it's in and it fits. Doesn't get any tighter though.

RC Champion
    Like a glove! Haha....... Yes it's in and it fits. Doesn't get any tighter though.

Oh yes yes yes! More details please!
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    Oh yes yes yes! More details please!
    Working on a video tutorial on how it was done. It's not a simple modification.

RC Champion
    Working on a video tutorial on how it was done. It's not a simple modification.
    Complicated is fine with me 1:1 cars is my other passion

RC Competitor
    Looking forward to your video, as I have been waiting for someone smarter then me to figure this one out. Thanks for your work.

RC Qualifier
    Video of how I went about upgrading my X-Maxx with a Savox 1/5 scale steering servo. If you are considering upgrading hopefully this video will help.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This will be helpful to a lot. You should have created a new thread for this video/process.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC poster

Cool Nice Work!

dude awesome! I have never seen so many after market stuff on an X Maxx (mostly cuz its so extrodanary)
    and when you go on google to look for parts you cant just search 1/5 scale rc truck parts. its so different but in times like this when they dont have any parts on traxxas.com for the thing it make this truck so hard to replace broken parts
    but keep building and modifying this until its even more bad to the bone and beast and adding to the thread and I can't wait to see how this turns out!
    P.S. Its me Wyatt Thayne.

RC Competitor
    The video has disappeared ?!?!??!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley510 View Post
    The video has disappeared ?!?!??!
    Yes, I removed the video. After the 2nd test run the 2 part epoxy was pulling away from the stock plastic. I didnt want people to follow a video that could potentially fail. I am working on a completely different mounting system. This time I'm building a bracket out of aluminum. Will post updates and possibly Video of the much improved conversion.

RC Qualifier
    New and much improved X-Maxx 1/5 scale servo mount! Still needs wet sanded and polished!

RC Enthusiast
    New and much improved X-Maxx 1/5 scale servo mount! Still needs wet sanded and polished!

That looks awesome. What is the thickness of the aluminum you used? Do you have a lathe?

RC Champion
    Wow that looks nice! Any mods required to the chassis?

Wow, that's factory looking! Nice job!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    That looks very nice

RC Racer
    do you have a video for this one?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismm6773 View Post
    do you have a video for this one?
    Thank you guys!

Chris-I do have a bunch of video clips and pictures that I have to put together but yes I hope to have a video up soon.

RC Champion
    Yea tighten up some of those tolerances and that will be a real nice piece. I bet that top plate could be cut from graphite. Then you would just need the stop for the rear.

The aluminum looks, and looks like it works a lot better.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    Yea tighten up some of those tolerances and that will be a real nice piece. I bet that top plate could be cut from graphite. Then you would just need the stop for the rear.
    Tighten up the tolerances..... man that's harsh. Haha.

I'm doing all this with a hacksaw, cordless drill, and about 6 different files.... I'm trying to keep it as clean and tight as possible but I won't be able to match the accuracy of a CNC machine...
    Last edited by Aspengt; 03-27-2016 at 09:12 AM.

RC Champion
    Tighten up the tolerances..... **** man that's harsh. Haha.

I'm doing all this with a hacksaw, cordless drill, and about 6 different files.... I'm trying to keep it as clean and tight as possible but I won't be able to match the accuracy of a CNC machine...
    Hahaha we weren't what you were using!

RC Qualifier
    Here is the video of the new and much improved way to upgrade to an aftermarket 1/5 scale servo in the X-Maxx. Let me know if you have any questions.

RC Champion
    Wow that is a massive servo thats for sure. I've been ordering spares for my truck even though it isn't here yet, and the stock servo gears are a combination of plastic and metal. But def too much plastic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast