Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    251
    Looks great!
    Chances make champions!

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier NOFTCHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Hampshire, U.S.A.
    Posts
    819
    The color scheme totally spider man,

  3. #43
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    Thanks for the compliments on my paint scheme!

    The truck has seemed slow lately...

    After my bash today, I decided to take caster blocks and knuckles apart to give it a good cleaning. There was some dirt, but the real finding was a completely destroyed bearing. (note the wasted inner bearing, and ball bearings on the towel) No idea how this happened, hopefully its the reason it has seemed so slow! I also bent one of the front shock shafts, but was able to straighten it so I can continue to drive for now.


  4. #44
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    251
    I just bought a whole set of avid bearings for about $30. Seemed like a good deal.
    Chances make champions!

  5. #45
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    Got new bearings and installed them. Put the GPS on the truck and I'm only getting a max speed of 16mph.... weak! I can see that some of the fins inside the brushed motor are damaged, who knows what else is damaged in there.

    So I pulled that system and finally got around to installing the Castle Creations combo.... It's really detuned 0* of timing advance and about 60% punch decrease. After 5 minutes of driving, which included easy wheelies, the pinion came loose. Luckily didn't damage anything, just applied more blue thread locker and tightened down with a better allen key.



    This is going to be fun!

  6. #46
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    The brushless carnage has begun...

    I wrecked a front drive-shaft (axle), no idea where part of it went. Installed a new one and within 20 seconds of driving, jumped into a curb and bent the front shock again. Luckily I hadn't installed the new ones yet so I straightened it for the second time. I've also put a serious beating on the new body, and the camber links are ovalized and have a lot of play.

    After bending the same shock for the third time finally got around to installing the new ultra shocks with 35wt oil, and installed the up travel limiters to hopefully protect the undercarriage a little more.


  7. #47
    RC Qualifier WonderMelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Myerstown, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by thetech View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

    As promised, finished photos.

    I looked to real Monster Jam trucks for some inspiration. I wanted the pattern to feel a little organic so didn't make it completely symmetric. I screwed up a few spots of masking and the windows are not quite even, every bit of masking hand cut on the inside. I'm pretty happy with it, learned a few things, and looking forward to my next shell. I will be reinforcing with shoe goo and drywall mesh before I drive it.







    Dayum. That looks sick! I don't want to see any pictures of that body being scratched XD

  8. #48
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    63
    Need to look into a slash back bumper. This will save that body.
    If it is not broke Then you have not had fun

  9. #49
    RC Qualifier NOFTCHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Hampshire, U.S.A.
    Posts
    819
    when you rebuilt your shocks did you compress the fronts or rears before you screwed the shock cap on? if you did then how far did you compress the front shock before you screwed the shock cap on all they way? How far did you compress the rear shock before you screwed the shock cap on all the way?

  10. #50
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMelon View Post
    Dayum. That looks sick! I don't want to see any pictures of that body being scratched XD
    Thanks, I wish it was only scratched at this point! HAHA

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkid74 View Post
    Need to look into a slash back bumper. This will save that body.
    It's more the top from rolling it, might still look at the slash bumper though.

    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    when you rebuilt your shocks did you compress the fronts or rears before you screwed the shock cap on? if you did then how far did you compress the front shock before you screwed the shock cap on all they way? How far did you compress the rear shock before you screwed the shock cap on all the way?
    I pumped them to get all of the air out, then put the rubber seal on, then the shock cap, it doesn't matter where the piston is in it's travel when you put the cap on.

  11. #51
    RC Qualifier NOFTCHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Hampshire, U.S.A.
    Posts
    819
    I'm surprised. I say that cause I get RC Car Action Magazine and there are some good how to's and tips and what not in there. Anyway where There was a TLR how to for rebuilding shocks and it said screw shock cap on about half way goes for front and rear, for the front to compress the shock/rod/piston half way and tighten the shock cap the rest of the way, the rear compress the shock rod/piston 3/4 roughly of the way and tighten shock cap the rest of the way. I'm wondering is it different from LOSI/TLR to Traxxas shocks?

  12. #52
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    I'm surprised. I say that cause I get RC Car Action Magazine and there are some good how to's and tips and what not in there. Anyway where There was a TLR how to for rebuilding shocks and it said screw shock cap on about half way goes for front and rear, for the front to compress the shock/rod/piston half way and tighten the shock cap the rest of the way, the rear compress the shock rod/piston 3/4 roughly of the way and tighten shock cap the rest of the way. I'm wondering is it different from LOSI/TLR to Traxxas shocks?
    Hmm, I have no idea why this would matter, it's not like you are setting a height for the piston or shaft, the oil can move on either side of the piston through the holes. Maybe it helps make sure there is no air left in the system, but basically once you put the seal on, you're done, no more air is escaping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •