RC Enthusiast

Stampede VXL throttle comes and goes

Got a used 'Pede brushless from a friend for very cheap. Everything ran great for about a week, but now when I first turn the truck on I get steering, but no throttle. No sound from the motor or anything - completely unresponsive. In addition, the ESC blinks the green light very quickly. After a few minutes of trying, however, the truck will finally respond to throttle and drives normally for awhile, but the throttle will randomly become unresponsive at times.

There's no indication of a low battery in the transmitter, and I've tested it with fully-charged lipos - no change. I was driving around my local track yesterday, and the lipo battery seemed to drain VERY quickly compared to how long it usually lasts - I'm not sure if this is related or not, but thought it was worth mentioning. I also verified that the ESC's cable is securely connected to the receiver. Seems fine.

Any ideas? I went to the Traxxas support page for this issue, but there's no mention of when the throttle comes and goes - only when it is completely unresponsive.

Thanks much!

Just follow the tire marks and broken parts.
    Hmmm... I've had the same blinking light when my motor came unplugged but for it to stop and go if you have another motor to put in you could cut some variables. Try the plug to your Rx that might not be getting a good connection. Other then that you might have a fryed ESC.
    RC is an addiction just don't make me go to rehab

Blinking Green: The VXL-3s is indicating the transmitter
    Throttle Trim (see page 26) is incorrectly set. If the Multi-Function
    knob is set to throttle trim, then adjust the Throttle Trim to the
    middle “0” setting.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

Just follow the tire marks and broken parts.
    Well looks like I was wrong didn't think of that don't have that option on mine on the list of upgrades.
    RC is an addiction just don't make me go to rehab