RC poster

New guy help Traxxas Stampede Trencher issues

Hello everyone,

Im having some issues with my tires ballooning. I have a Stampede with a MM 2200kv on a 4s lipo so theres too much balloning. I have figured out the best way to cure this is the method of taping which I plan to do. My main issue is how do I get the tires off the rims??? Ive seen cutting methods and heating methods and boiling methods. I want to know what is best for my specific set of tires. I dont not want to ruin them obviously. I wasnt sure what thread this issue would belong to so apolgize in advance if im in the wrong place... still new to the fourm Thank you all for your help

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    there are several methods, they all work. some are easier than the others. I would personally soak the edges in acetone..... there are some foams that don't like that though......

RC Qualifier
    My trenchers balloon like crazy but I can still drive straight as an arrow. Before you cut up a set of tires, what are you trying to achieve? Don't like the look, poor handling...

I've run mine up to 4s with the sw8 2200.

RC Racer
    I'm using fishing line on mine. I need to up the strength of the line, on 4s, I can snap the 15lb line. On 3s, it's fine. I run two per wheel and run them down between the treads.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

RC Champion
    The trenchers aren't made for speed. You guys are crazy.

As for tire removal. I've seen YouTube videos people doing it with acetone vapour. Basically seal the tire in a bucket of acetone without letting the acetone touch the tire.

RC Qualifier

That's my 2400kv P4de on 3s. Ran 53 mph right after that and you see how they balloon. A 2⅜" strip on Gorilla tape inside is all it takes. They handle very well on the street too.

Just follow the tire marks and broken parts.
    I would take nail polish remover and let it soak where the glue is it takes a while but always worked for me.
    RC is an addiction just don't make me go to rehab