Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    It was me, I ordered the wrong ones.... In talking to ER33 via pm, He told me I ordered the ones for the D8 vehicle, which were way too long.... We are talking like an inch longer....

He then referred me to the part I listed above, and that is what I ordered. I originally did order the wrong one, and have since sent them back for a refund.
    It wasn't a big deal, I wasn't trying to call you out. I apologize for my confusion, just really want others to avoid making timely or financial mistakes. Thanks for letting me know before I ordered them. I truly respect both your and er33's knowledge and experience in the hobby.

Now.... On to the shocking new ride and landings! See what I did there lol.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Are there different size stamdoffs? Where can I get them?

Hope all is good for ya man, quick question here,

Searching these saw different sizes, any particular size needed for these shocks?

Nevermind lol I totally missed your post with the standoffs listed.

Side note haven't gotten my calipers yet, have you got your seals yet?
    Last edited by Briber; 03-02-2016 at 07:52 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I believe the stampede rear shocks are longer than the vorza, so you have to get the longer HPI shock ends for the rear(pn: HBS67820 )

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Hope all is good for ya man, quick question here,

Searching these saw different sizes, any particular size needed for these shocks?

Nevermind lol I totally missed your post with the standoffs listed.

Side note haven't gotten my calipers yet, have you got your seals yet?
    If your wondering about different lengths, the stand offs won't be the item needed to do so. They are to either mount the shock without washers (more for the rear shocks) or push the top end out to clear turn buckles ( for front shocks). As for making them longer. As billyg said the longer rod ends will do just that but really isn't needed. I run mine without them even with the lower end is mounted in the outer hole on the arms you still have good ride height. Well arms sit leveled

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    If your wondering about different lengths, the stand offs won't be the item needed to do so. They are to either mount the shock without washers (more for the rear shocks) or push the top end out to clear turn buckles ( for front shocks). As for making them longer. As billyg said the longer rod ends will do just that but really isn't needed. I run mine without them even with the lower end is mounted in the outer hole on the arms you still have good ride height. Well arms sit leveled
    Glad you said that, I saw jimbo74 had them listed and was gonna buy them but I'm gonna hold off for now, trusting in your experience.

Thank you my friend!

I did buy the standoffs jimbo74 listed. I didn't want to damage mine trying to experiment around until I found something that worked, in the meantime I'm grinding out the shock caps like you showed me while in the process. Just thought it'd be easier...

Your guys help is appreciated!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Glad you said that, I saw jimbo74 had them listed and was gonna buy them but I'm gonna hold off for now, trusting in your experience.

Thank you my friend!

I did buy the standoffs jimbo74 listed. I didn't want to damage mine trying to experiment around until I found something that worked, in the meantime I'm grinding out the shock caps like you showed me while in the process. Just thought it'd be easier...

Your guys help is appreciated!!!
    Grinding out the shock caps ? Huh. If your referring to my pic in post 17 where the top of the cap is grinded down STOP what your doing or do not do that lmbo. Those shocks are grinded down due to how I had the truck set up running a wing and a buggy body. Truck slid on its top causing that
    Last edited by Er33; 03-02-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Grinding out the shock caps ? Huh. If your referring to my pic in post 17 where the top of the cap is grinded down STOP what your doing or do not do that lmbo. Those shocks are grinded down due to how I had the truck set up running a wing and a buggy body. Truck slid on its top causing that
    Oh ok I was not understanding correctly. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    I mounted mine up with no changes or special parts. Just a hand full of 3 mm washers to add a little space here and there. Works for me...?
    Chances make champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Magstang1 View Post
    I mounted mine up with no changes or special parts. Just a hand full of 3 mm washers to add a little space here and there. Works for me...?
    Thanks for the info. I already have the standoffs ordered though...

I'll keep that in mind for daughters truck...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If I ever get these O rings, I might start building mine, and see where things sit... I might have enough parts to make a spare truck, haha

RC Qualifier
    Er33 has done some nice stuff with his stampede whatever he suggests is probably right.

I havent touched my stampede in a while. here is another thread i used when i did mine,

some good info for mounting vorza shocks
    http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...-tutorial.html

If I ever get these O rings, I might start building mine, and see where things sit... I might have enough parts to make a spare truck, haha
    That would be cool, have two different setups and tweak each setup to maximize performance.

Or just have a nice one to show ppl and one to shread the tar out of ;-)

I posted in the other thread o ring sizes.

Am I correct that stock Pede shock lengths are 53mm on rear and these D8 are 51mm? In the other thread in link above it was talking about the Slash, but they said 97mm. I thought Slash and Pede were the same... Im confused...

That's easy to do though.
    Last edited by Briber; 03-03-2016 at 08:16 AM.

Got my shocks and when putting them on I noticed my a-arm travel was limited. Is this common or do I have something wrong?

Left side is D8 bottomed out, right side is stock. Clearly more arm travel than d8. For my big air jumps isn't more arm travel preferred? Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?
    Last edited by Briber; 03-03-2016 at 07:05 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The bottom of the chassis will limit the travel. As long as my chassis can touch the ground, I'm good.
    Chances make champions!

My chassis does not. On left side(D8) the shock end is bottomed out against the bottom of shock body and doesn't allow chassis to go any closer to the ground... :-( The right side is stock and see how much more travel it gives compared to D8

RC Qualifier
    Back off the preload. Inner hole on the shock tower. Outer hole on the control arm.
    Chances make champions!

Back off the preload. Inner hole on the shock tower. Outer hole on the control arm.
    That small adjustment will allow chassis to touch the ground then? I was going to do that originally but the shock end wouldn't go on screw and allow screw to go straight in to hole on arm.

I did eventually back off preload infact no preload on front and max in rear the rear sits a tiny bit lower in rear. I don't like that look.
    Last edited by Briber; 03-03-2016 at 09:00 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That's how mine is set and I'm running super swampers, which are on the larger side. My chassis can hit the ground. Not as much over travel like the stock shocks, but I don't care.
    Chances make champions!

That's how mine is set and I'm running super swampers, which are on the larger side. My chassis can hit the ground. Not as much over travel like the stock shocks, but I don't care.
    Well then there's obviously something wrong here, mine is not even close to touching. How did your screw go through shock end? Was it pushing really hard on guard and tough to line up with hole in arm?

RC Qualifier
    My screw went through the shock end. I used a few 3mm washers to fill the gap between the shock end, control arm and guard.
    Chances make champions!

My screw went through the shock end. I used a few 3mm washers to fill the gap between the shock end, control arm and guard.
    You ordered the same ones in this thread?

RC Qualifier
    The link that ER33 posted in my thread the other night is what I have. Same shocks, same seller.
    Chances make champions!

Wow okay then I'm fried cause I have no clue why these would work on everyone else's p4de but doesn't on mine, thanks the info!

RC Qualifier
    I just looked. Inner shock tower hole and outer control arm hole on the front. Middle middle on the rear. My chassis just hits the ground before I bury the shocks.

Move your front mounting points.
    Chances make champions!

Much thanks Magstang1 it's a lot better but I'm still not able to touch ground...

RC Qualifier
    I say go drive it like you stole it and see what happens. You're probably fine. It's just a basher.
    Chances make champions!

I say go drive it like you stole it and see what happens. You're probably fine. It's just a basher.
    True dat, ...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

HPI Racing Vorza/d8 big bore shocks.

Much thanks Magstang1 it's a lot better but I'm still not able to touch ground...
    Um I'm sorry but unless you put limiters in your shocks your chassis shouldn't be sitting that low.

Please give us the link you got your shocks from
    Here's my lcg slash next to a 3s battery with a 2650/XLX and 6s. Very little preload on my grey springs

Last edited by Er33; 03-03-2016 at 11:08 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you aren't realizing that shock body is a lot bigger than the one it replaced... it can only compress so much due to the size of it's body.....

look at my rear build

Er33
    I'm pushing down on shock tower to show the maximum down travel the D8 allows.. The stock shocks would allow chassis to touch ground, these dont. No limiters just my hand pushing down.

I got these from you post at beginning of thread. After talking with Magstang1 and putting socks in same position as jimbo74 is showing I'm pretty happy with the range of these shocks.

Thanks jimbo74 for confirming.

I just changed out shock fluid to 45w. I may go back to red springs, gonna try out the greys since that was the suggestion of most ppl. It feels good and sits good, can't wait for warm weather to bring out the ramp! With new speed and shocks I'm excited to see what kind of heights I can achieve.
    Last edited by Briber; 03-04-2016 at 12:03 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Er33
    I'm pushing down on shock tower to show the maximum down travel the D8 allows.. The stock shocks would allow chassis to touch ground, these dont. No limiters just my hand pushing down.

I got these from you post at beginning of thread. After talking with Magstang1 and putting socks in same position as jimbo74 is showing I'm pretty happy with the range of these shocks.

Thanks jimbo74 for confirming.

I just changed out shock fluid to 45w. I may go back to red springs, gonna try out the greys since that was the suggestion of most ppl. It feels good and sits good, can't wait for warm weather to bring out the ramp! With new speed and shocks I'm excited to see what kind of heights I can achieve.
    Lol oh ok I was thinking when you mentioned mm lengths compared to the rear stock shocks. Then saw that pic and was like is there a shorter d8/vorza shock I don't know about.
    If and when you decide to change springs, I'd through the Orange springs on the rears and leave the greys on the fronts. I think magstang just did that to his.

Lol oh ok I was thinking when you mentioned mm lengths compared to the rear stock shocks. Then saw that pic and was like is there a shorter d8/vorza shock I don't know about.
    If and when you decide to change springs, I'd through the Orange springs on the rears and leave the greys on the fronts. I think magstang just did that to his.
    It's all good man, thanks for the info, I will definitely try that first. I have a feeling I will go orange all the way around, the stiffer the better for ramp launches. I want 10'+ air, that should give me enough to do a few back flips and stick a landing...

hey jimbo74 do you have the blue as labeled or blue reversed for the rear? so is you toe angel 4 degrees or 1 degree?

Are these springs linear or progressive?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Are these springs linear or progressive?
    They would be linear.

They would be linear.
    Thanks, going to test them this morning.

RC Qualifier

Yup. Gray in the front. Red in the rear.
    Chances make champions!

Yup. Gray in the front. Red in the rear.
    I'm headed out the door to run it now on greys all around, with max preload in rear it still feels to soft.

Is that what you noticed as well and why you run those in back?
    Last edited by Briber; 03-04-2016 at 09:55 AM.

For everyone that has these just curious...

How much preload do you have?
    What weight shock oil are you running?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast