Thread: Snow tires?

RC Enthusiast

Question Snow tires?

Looking to get some new tires for my slash 4x4 for running in the snow. any suggestions?

RC Racer
    Either the 2.8 Sand Paws or the 2.2/3.0 SC Slingshots.

RC Qualifier
    To make your own, either chains or nails. Check out the post I did about an idea for snow tires
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

2.8 sand paws!
    If it cant be broke, I'll break it.

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

If i order 2 sets of these I should be good to go?

I'm putting together a set of Sand Paws this weekend (hopefully) so I will let you know how they work out. I have the 2.8 ones and I am going to stick them on OFNA MT3 Splits because the tires are so huge that they will hit my body and rip it apart when I turn. I just have to wait for my new chassis to arrive so I can dye everything all in one shot. Eventually I am going to put my HCG Slash back together and transfer all my Monster Truck parts over to the HCG.

If you want to stick with SC 2.2/3.0 wheels the Slingshots aren't too bad. I wasn't overly impressed with them when I used them but it was mostly my fault. I had my diffs filled with lower weight oil so the truck would easily get stuck because once one wheel lost traction the diff would just unload. I also only had the Slingshots on the rear.

With the Sand Paws I should have no problems because my truck powers through the scraggly brush in the fields around my house now that I increased my diff fluid to 100k in the rear and a mix of 100k and 30k in the front. It increased my turn radius a lot, but it's worth it because it drives anywhere. I can't wait to get the HCG back together because LCG is not that great in the snow. I had it in the snow with my Badlands on, it did pretty good but it does get hung up on the chassis a lot. It also doesn't help that the badlands just dig a trench in the snow the moment they lose traction.

Sand paws are definetely the best bet,

I have also seen lots of home made mods, tyres with customised chains etc, some are really great even on icy conditions to what I have seen on videos, but my personal choice will be the sand paws even though I have not got them, juts thinking of the bigger sirface are, and experience on sand with 1:1 cars (removing some air to getter a better surface area), I think the sand paws will do well.

I thought of getting them but have not had time to enjoy the trucks at all this winter so at the moment I put that idea aside.
    Live life to the fullest

Got the Sand Paws up and running and made a video if you want to see them in action. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of snow.

RC Racer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what kind of snow exactly? more powder, or like slushy goop, or hard pack?

Pretty powdery snow because it's crazy COLD right now. I had it out last weekend in slushy watery slop but I had Badlands on for that run.