RC Competitor

Custom fusible link

So we all know by now traxxas released a fusible link for the vxl 6s esc. If something happens it burns the link saving the esc from damage. Then you have to order a new one and wait for it to show up before you can play again. But what if you could run up to your local auto parts store and get it. My idea is to make a fusible link using a car audio amp fuse. Idk what amp fuse to use though.

RC Racer
    I wouldn't run it, means there's probably a failure in the ESC. I'd be shipping it to Traxxas.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by Annihill8or89 View Post
    So we all know by now traxxas released a fusible link for the vxl 6s esc. If something happens it burns the link saving the esc from damage. Then you have to order a new one and wait for it to show up before you can play again. But what if you could run up to your local auto parts store and get it. My idea is to make a fusible link using a car audio amp fuse. Idk what amp fuse to use though.
    If you could find out the rating of the TRaxxas fusable link you could just match it with another fusable link at the same amperage rating. Autmotive fuses are not meant for that kind of power draw. I see melted fus holders in that future.

So is the fuseable link a fast blow or slow blow, how many amps does it need to be rated at and you should be able to find one... You wouldn't want to
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Competitor
    So I asked this question and got a pretty good answer. The fusible link is there to prevent fire. If your fusible link blows, the ESC may be defective, so you need to contact Traxxas support and see if it is under warranty. You won't just keep replacing them. If your link blows, you send the ESC in for repairs.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoknight View Post
    So I asked this question and got a pretty good answer. The fusible link is there to prevent fire. If your fusible link blows, the ESC may be defective, so you need to contact Traxxas support and see if it is under warranty. You won't just keep replacing them. If your link blows, you send the ESC in for repairs.
    Ok thanks.

RC poster
    Would a cap pack help eliminate power surges to the esc and prevent overloads.
    I'd rather be RC'ing!

Word of caution.... The tag on the Traxxas fusible link indicates to only replace with Traxxas part.

Closing thread since this is not recommended at all by Traxxas.
    TRX4(lots of mods), TCP(will stay with me), Custom Summit, GTP Fiero(in rebuild stage), "My Summit" pic is posted in the Summit gallery........and some other things.