RC poster

Question Driveshaft options?

Just got the mip x duties (rear) for my stampede 4x4 vxl. I use 3s and I'm wondering if there is a cheap way to make the front driveshafts stronger? Maybe somehow fit revo driveshafts in? Anyone do that? Or have an idea for a cheap alternative for the front? I'm trying to make it bulletproof so it is literally plug and play. I got the 3.2 rpm with trencher tire combo, with 17mm and 17mm conversion kit, the rear mips and a Robertson steal spur gear. So just looking for a cheap idea for the front driveshafts. Is there anything else I should get so stuff doesn't break from the power?
    Last edited by Friter98; 02-12-2016 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Putting more info

Quote Originally Posted by Friter98 View Post
    Just got the mip x duties (rear) for my stampede 4x4 vxl. I use 3s and I'm wondering if there is a cheap way to make the front driveshafts stronger? Maybe somehow fit revo driveshafts in? Anyone do that? Or have an idea for a cheap alternative for the front? I'm trying to make it bulletproof so it is literally plug and play. I got the 3.2 rpm with trencher tire combo, with 17mm and 17mm conversion kit, the rear mips and a Robertson steal spur gear. So just looking for a cheap idea for the front driveshafts. Is there anything else I should get so stuff doesn't break from the power?
    Yep, MIPs on front too. Lol. Rears do(did for me) break more than fronts did but still need stronger on front as they will break too just not as much.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Front revo shafts no but on the rears yes. Tmaxx shafts yes I believe according to this old thread.
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...vo-Driveshafts

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Front revo shafts no but on the rears yes. Tmaxx shafts yes I believe according to this old thread.
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...vo-Driveshafts
    How much are those?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    How much are those?
    No clue. I haven't don't this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    No clue. I haven't don't this mod.
    Oh okay, just wondered...

RC Qualifier
    There's an old thread somewhere about using all-thread for axles. Not sure how they did it but believe it worked.