RC Enthusiast

18/50 gearing speed run

Did a speed run and got 42mph. More then fast enough for a truck this size. Other people with same gearing getting same speed?

RC Competitor
    I'm testing out this setup today. Previously impressed with 18/54 gearing, definitely gave it more authority on the road. No GPS though

18/50 is not recommended for 6s operations but, 18/54 is.

You may find more top end speed with an 18/54 gearing...you should give that a try to see. Not to mention, if you damage your electronics with that gearing, now that you told everyone what you were doing and Traxxas has record of you doing it, you could be in trouble of not having them fix it under warranty.
    "RED"

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    18/50 is not recommended for 6s operations but, 18/54 is.

You may find more top end speed with an 18/54 gearing...you should give that a try to see. Not to mention, if you damage your electronics with that gearing, now that you told everyone what you were doing and Traxxas has record of you doing it, you could be in trouble of not having them fix it under warranty.
    I never mentioned running 6s, and 18/50 is covered under approved gearing by Traxxas. I have the Mamba X also waiting to be installed so I'm not worrying about ESC but I also do monitor temps. I may give 18/54 a try to compare.

RC Enthusiast
    i'm currently running 18/54 with mm-x pretty amazing all around low and top end, with perfect temps.

RC Competitor
    I hit 41 on flat field,

I have orderd the Traxxas X-Maxx 18 pinion what kind of speed increase can I expect from this? is it noticable or do I need to change something more to feel that it goes faster?

RC Competitor
    I hit 44 with my iPhone strapped to the back of the truck. That was intense lol

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icefroggyfrog View Post
    I hit 44 with my iPhone strapped to the back of the truck. That was intense lol
    Yeah that's how I measured it as well . Zip tied it to frame under body.