RC Enthusiast

Question Castle sidewinder 3 all lights flashing

Hey guys. My castle esc is flashing all lights. Apparently it means there's no link between esc and remote or there' a problem with one or the other. I switched out my esc for my backup traxxas stock one and the remote synced up fine and I drove it no problem. Are there any possible solutions to get my sidewinder 3 going again or does it look like I have to send it in?

RC Enthusiast
    Just like to let you guys know I was driving it in -20 CELCIUS last night for a while...could that of screwed it?

RC Qualifier
    Most likely you need to setup the esc with the transmitter. I would search google for the manual for the sidewinder and see how to set it up ir if it has any info on why all the leds were blinking.
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Driver's Ed is a publication Castle has to get you up and running

Hmm..make sure you are plugging in the connector going into your rx the correct way. When I got my sct esc, I couldnt figure out the problem. Make sure the 3slot plug is on the correct way by switching the polarity and on channel 2.

RC Enthusiast
    Oh I've been running my sidewinder fine for a month. It jus to stopped working outta nowhere. All lights flashing. It's plugged in properly...tried re calibrating the remote.

Wait so one day all the lights started flashing? Weird sleeping might be broken. Are you still able to steer it calibrate to where it goes through the beep cycle?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if you don't have steering, you may need to rebind your receiver to the radio, then go through the calibration of the esc

make sure your batteries in the remote are fully charged or new, and that your vehicle battery is fully charged as well. low voltage can cause all sorts of explainable weirdness