Thread: TSM problems

RC poster

TSM problems

I recently installed the tsm receiver in my nitro buggy. When I press the throttle, the steering servo moves clockwise slowly. When I brake, it doesn't do it.

I have replaced the rx and still the same. I tried a direct power source, no luck. I swapped the steering to throttle, no luck. I unplugged the throttle servo and when I press the tx trigger, same thing. I tried 3 different tx's, no luck. Updated software each time I switched rx or tx.

Any help out there?? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

What setting is your TSM set at? If it's all the way up it could be trying to over compensate for normal driving... Try turning it all the way down and/or recalibrate it
    Why do I have all these leftover parts???

RC poster
    When it is turned to zero, no interference at all. but then, may as well have the old rx in it.
    I have it in my brushless slash and it works awesome.

RC poster
    I am really lost with this one. They run this in the nitro slayer so I thought it would work for me in my buggy. I wonder if there is some other part needed to use it with a steering servo and a throttle servo?? I am going to try it in my 3.3 revo to see if it will work there.

RC poster
    Hi,

I have the exact same problem. its on a slash 4x4 lcg, normal slash 4x4, a stampede 4x4 and on 2 e-maxx trucks. I switch transmitters, i also switched receivers because i was still having 2 spare ones. i have the tsm set to 50% but also wen i have it to 25% it does the same. just wen i open the throttle even a little bit the tsm wil think the car is turning and will steer to 1 side slowly till the steering is max turned to one side. wen i release the throttle the steering wil return straight.

Wen i turn tsm to 0 everything works normal (without tsm).

the receivers are taped in the receiver box so they can not move.

Quote Originally Posted by bramptonbasher View Post
    I am really lost with this one. They run this in the nitro slayer so I thought it would work for me in my buggy. I wonder if there is some other part needed to use it with a steering servo and a throttle servo?? I am going to try it in my 3.3 revo to see if it will work there.
    If you installed TSM in a truck that didn't come with it, you will
    need to connect your transmitter and truck to bluetooth and the
    app to update the receiver firmware for your truck. If you don't have
    bluetooth you may be able to get your hobby store or a friend to
    do it for you.

Edit: Quote from Traxxas manual:
    Installation on other Traxxas models
    When installing TSM into Traxxas models, it requires a Traxxas TQi radio system with the Multi Function knob. Connectivity to the Traxxas Link App (iOS or Android version) is also required in order to update the receiver firmware with a TSM profile for the specific model. Depending on the radio system, it may be necessary to purchase the TQi Traxxas Link Wireless Module to connect to a smart phone via Bluetooth. For TQ radio system, then consider Powering Up to the TQi radio system to have access to the full feature set, Traxxas long-range performance, telemetry, and Traxxas Link App compatibility.
    Last edited by Rich2; 07-30-2017 at 08:48 AM.