RC Racer

T bone racing bumper reviews

At first i got all my parts i was like score these things are built great after my first bashing ......not so much i hit a pile of dirt doing prob like 15 and this is what happened yes they are going to replace it but its going to take over 3 weeks cause every thing is so called custom made. So on a scale of 1-10 i give them a 4

And the wheelie bar does not stop them from flipping and there no instructions included is very disappointing

How cold was it. Any time I have broken t bone parts it was pretty close to freezing.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Racer
    68 degrees

RC Racer
    BUMMMER!! I was just getting ready to order both parts, glad I saw your review.

RC Qualifier
    I've put my front Tbone wide basher through extreme abuse and it hasn't missed a beat. Hate to see that yours didn't hold up. For the wheelie bar, I now run the RPM Slash rear bumper with the RPM wheels. Works very well, truck will not flip over, can wheelie 100 yards without it flipping.

RC Competitor
    Tbone rear bumper works great for me, allthough it's not possible to make a long wheelie, since the wheels come lose when sliding on the rear bumper.
    You can see this in the next video at 1:50
    https://youtu.be/Z0tLuK9F73k

RC Racer
    No complaints about the T-Bones, I'm stupid hard with my R/Cs. Just in my backyard on a homemade ramp I get a measured 41 feet long jump when maxing out the 2s, when I'm in 3s, I don't jump for fear of hitting the fence. I snap a pic, email it, and in a few days I get a new one in the mail.

If you're looking for a wheelie bar that will prevent a roll over with high power, you need to look at one that sits out farther. I run on too much rough stuff to have an 8 inch long wheelie bar.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

RC Racer
    Well my TBR XV3 (like Walt's) just shipped, so we'll see if it endures better than Walt's did.

RC Racer
    I just installed my bumper and fit the lightbar to it. It worked out REALLY well with no modification to the TBR bumper at all (ie no voiding the warranty )

I just took the Traxxas bumper cut it don to just the bar the lightbar is mounted on and then just drilled 3 holes in the front of it. Then I took stock shockmount screw which fit flush through the pre-drilled holes in the top of the bumper and it almost looks factory with the exception of my less than perfect alignment. I'll buy a new one and do it more precisely for a refit but it came out super nice and was very easy.

Now to break it in and then start the rest of the truck upgrades!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by walt1967 View Post
    68 degrees
    I had front and rear T -bones for about 3 years and it saved the truck soooo many many times ! I can only recommend it.
    I broke one front when it was freezing hitting a tree at pretty good speed downhill. It saved my pede right there. The factory was great, polite, fast , efficient. Life time warranty- what else can you ask for.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    In my years of experience (breaking things), I can say that the following companies have exceptionally fantastic products AND customer service: T-Bone, Castle Creations, AMain, & Traxxas.
    Obstacle Magnet