RC Racer

Help with wheelies

Ok when I go in reverse then hit forward it slips a bit then will do a wheelie any way Ican tighten any thing up so there is so slip or hesitation

Quote Originally Posted by walt1967 View Post
    Ok when I go in reverse then hit forward it slips a bit then will do a wheelie any way Ican tighten any thing up so there is so slip or hesitation
    Tighten slipper clutch
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Tighten slipper clutch
    Certain amount or how many turns

RC Competitor
    You can fully tighten your slipper clutch. If it is all the way tightened and slipping, something in diff. or drive. Are you 4wd? Have you pulled out the slipper before? Going from reverse to forward into wheelie is EXTREMELY stressful to some of the truck's critical components. I learned the hard way, now I ease into wheelies off a slow speed.

Certain amount or how many turns
    Take off drive tunnel and with the 8mm(I think lol only one will fit) skinny wrench that came with truck, place on slipper nut. Put the truck on carpet and roll forward until wrench is against chassis then roll. 4-6 or even 8 inches more and test it. There's no exact amount just do it until there's the amount of slippage you like. Make small adjustments.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Take off drive tunnel and with the 8mm(I think lol only one will fit) skinny wrench that came with truck, place on slipper nut. Put the truck on carpet and roll forward until wrench is against chassis then roll. 4-6 or even 8 inches more and test it. There's no exact amount just do it until there's the amount of slippage you like. Make small adjustments.
    That will be hard since I have to pull the rear off to get to the slipper clutch

You can also take off rear bulkhead, pull slipper out, tighten nut til spring is fully compressed then back off 1/4 turn. Start making adjustments from there. You can pull rear bulkhead every time but it's easier imo to do in vehicle.

That will be hard since I have to pull the rear off to get to the slipper clutch
    Removing the center drive shaft tunnel, is only 2 screws from around where battery sits. One under the black RX box and one where the battery hold down mount is.
    Last edited by Briber; 02-22-2016 at 01:06 PM.

RC Racer
    Oh did not know that thanks I'll give that a shot

RC Racer
    Yea no need to pull the full back module off, just pull off the tunnel cover, 2 screws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2iw9A7O_xk
    Last edited by CounterTrey; 02-22-2016 at 01:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    What gear, battery and tires are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by CounterTrey View Post
    Yea no need to pull the full back module ff, just pull off the tunnel cover, 2 screws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2iw9A7O_xk
    Thanks, I was just about to look up video on it and post link

RC Racer
    Yea that's a slash but it's the same process and a very well narrated video IMO.

RC Racer
    Normal gearing stock and running the trenches

RC Qualifier
    Only wheelies I saw with stock gearing on 2s were just very short ones on takeoff regardless of slipper adjustment. 3s, different story no matter the gearing. I definitely wouldn't try rolling in reverse then going forward to get them unless I wanted to buy parts.

RC Racer
    FWIW with the slipper all the way tight my VXL was pulling wheelies from a standstill pretty consistently on 2s and the stock 11T pinion yesterday. Then I threw in the 3s and broke another halfshaft.

Locked slipper, reverse to forward wheelies. I see some driveline breakage in your near future.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Racer
    First thing I did when it was pulling wheelies that easily was loosen the slipper. I've already learned that lesson the hard way, broken half shafts stink. Still didn't matter once I threw in the 3s...never more, MIP's are here! I do agree with you though that if Walt cranks it down all the way for wheelies he's going to be breaking more parts soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CounterTrey View Post
    First thing I did when it was pulling wheelies that easily was loosen the slipper. I've already learned that lesson the hard way, broken half shafts stink. Still didn't matter once I threw in the 3s...never more, MIP's are here! I do agree with you though that if Walt cranks it down all the way for wheelies he's going to be breaking more parts soon.
    Get them suckers on there already! Be the wheelie king your meant to be lol!! MIP'S ftw!

RC Racer
    Well I just picked them up today and have to wait for the loctite to cure for 24 hrs!

RC Racer
    Got mips all around and metal drive shaft to

RC Racer
    Heh...we're all hopeless!

Loctite cure? What's that? I'll probably get bashed for this... I know that's what it says but... I've never waited 24hrs, I don't run immediately after using it but never went more than 4-5 hrs before using something Ive loctited. If you put a drop on a hard surface it dries pretty quickly. I've never had an issue with a loose one to date. This is my opinion and my experience. Even using it in full size auto applications...

RC Racer
    The directions say to wait 24 hours for the glue to cure or harden until use, I was just doing what they say. I like to let adhesives dry a good 24 hours before use, same with shoe goo and other glues.