Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Max6XMaxx View Post
    but I'm sure nobody's 8S X-Maxx is any faster than my truck running on any kind of off-road terrain.

Unless the 8s powered XMaxx was geared very poorly and/or you were referring to rock crawling, then your statement simply not true.

RC Racer
    As an analogy, there's a statement about Toyota Supras that is widely accepted as being true- What's the difference between a 1000 horsepower Supra, and a 500hp Supra? Nothing, they both have the same quarter-mile times! It's impossible to put the power down in a quarter-mile drag strip in a 1000hp street-tired Supra!

That being said, I've never owned a 1000hp Supra, or a 8S X-Maxx. I only know that I'm struggling to use the power of my Max 6ed 6S X-Maxx, thus I know more power would be useless for me.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Max6XMaxx View Post
    As an analogy, there's a statement about Toyota Supras that is widely accepted as being true- What's the difference between a 1000 horsepower Supra, and a 500hp Supra? Nothing, they both have the same quarter-mile times! It's impossible to put the power down in a quarter-mile drag strip in a 1000hp street-tired Supra!

That being said, I've never owned a 1000hp Supra, or a 8S X-Maxx. I only know that I'm struggling to use the power of my Max 6ed 6S X-Maxx, thus I know more power would be useless for me.

I've never heard of that analogy but I do know facts. Below is a screen shot of the gearing options and suggestions for a Slash 4x4 from the Traxxas manual and even though the topic is XMaxx here, the same applies. THE only difference between the two 19/54 geared options is 1000mah and a one cell difference in battery, not even talking a two cell difference which would be double the voltage. I'm sure the 3S equipped Slash would walk circles around the 2S Slash on most any terrain.

RC Racer
    I understand what you're saying. You likely have an extra 20mph on my top speed, so yes, your truck is much "faster". You would win if we raced the length of a football field, just like a 1000hp Supra would win over a 500hp Supra if the race was a half-mile instead of a quarter-mile. But in areas smaller than a football field I think it would be closer than you think.

RC Enthusiast
    What fan are you running max6

RC Racer
    Two of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311311268439...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

One on the motor, and one above the ESC. I removed the Max 6 ESC's factory fan and shroud because grass and other debris would get trapped inside of it and I couldn't get it out. These fans are a little loud, but move tons of air! The motor fan is plugged into the ESC's fan port, and the ESC fan is plugged into the receiver. Just remove the yellow wire from the fan because it's not needed.

RC Enthusiast
    Bugger, doesn't ship to Australia. Tried to get 2 straight up

RC Racer
    Just about any 60mm 5V fan will work. You'll just need to remove the 3rd wire if it's not a 2-wire and crimp on a futaba connector. I've found that a mini-JST connector will work also.
    Last edited by Max6XMaxx; 03-20-2016 at 09:29 AM.

RC Competitor
    I have the max 5 and I didn't gain any top speed at all so I'm not sure what everyone is talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Max 6 on the way,will soon be x maxx with stock motor only.not going to use heat sensor either. Well still use duel fan over motor, have cut sides off schroud just blow corner holes.to exspose more cooling fins.running 17/54 gearing OK so far 11 runs ,just 2 poor tires.all I needed was a bigger truck,should sell truck in kit option.

RC Racer
    Stevo- congrats on the Max 6 order! I'm not completely sure, but I believe omitting the temp sensor is not an option and that the receiver will not operate without it.

RC Qualifier
    Thats correct. Stock reciever will put out wrong throttle signal if the temp sensor is disconnected.

RC Competitor
    Quick question.

The lower the punch number the more power it sends on acceleration?

In other words what number from 1-5 on the "punch" setting will give me more power off the line?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunior View Post
    Quick question.

The lower the punch number the more power it sends on acceleration?

In other words what number from 1-5 on the "punch" setting will give me more power off the line?
    I have mine on 5 on my Max5 and its crazy it will pull,flip truck even on half throttle

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    I have mine on 5 on my Max5 and its crazy it will pull,flip truck even on half throttle
    So is the higher number more aggressive or less aggressive?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunior View Post
    So is the higher number more aggressive or less aggressive?
    More aggressive but it's much easier to control the truck than the stock esc

RC Qualifier
    Because i am not interested in self righting or tsm,have some racing back ground an love forward brake only,called race mode at traxxas. Iam going to install one of my electronic ESC an radio equipment. Just going to use stock motor,an servo.should be able to do this. I do monitor my heat during run manually.
    Last edited by steveomaxx517; 04-21-2016 at 07:52 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    More aggressive but it's much easier to control the truck than the stock esc
    Got it.

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    He finally got the HW Max6 installed!

Wow. Truck feels great! Brakes are too strong even on default value but I can change that. I finally get some wheelies, although it doesn't seem as much as some of the other guys. I'm running 17/50 but maybe it's the 5000mAh 35C batteries that are limiting it a bit? I seem to be wheelie deprived compared to everyone else.

Thanks for the pics of all of your installs and the help throughout this thread! I wouldn't have done it without you guys.

Oh. Almost forgot. Here's my newb status showing:
    Right now I just have the motor wires hand pressed into the ESC. They feel somewhat secure but not that tight. What's the easiest solution? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AGHolman; 04-22-2016 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Adding question at the end

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AGHolman View Post
    He finally got the HW Max6 installed!

Wow. Truck feels great! Brakes are too strong even on default value but I can change that. I finally get some wheelies, although it doesn't seem as much as some of the other guys. I'm running 17/50 but maybe it's the 5000mAh 35C batteries that are limiting it a bit? I seem to be wheelie deprived compared to everyone else.

Thanks for the pics of all of your installs and the help throughout this thread! I wouldn't have done it without you guys.

Oh. Almost forgot. Here's my newb status showing:
    Right now I just have the motor wires hand pressed into the ESC. They feel somewhat secure but not that tight. What's the easiest solution? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What leve do u have your punch control?

RC Qualifier
    Everything is default right now. I think that means level 3 for punch control?

RC Qualifier
    If the motor bullets are similar to castle's bullets, you should be able to spread out the male bullets with a small screwdriver, making for a tighter fit.

RC Champion
    Everything is default right now. I think that means level 3 for punch control?
    Put it on level 5

RC Qualifier
    Received max 6 and is installed. Thanks also to max 6 people. Try on weekend. Set to forward brake only.also turn down brake to 25% right away.going to start punch at 3 an go up,want to feel what you did also. Going to try traxxas radio 1st,to get a better feel for what ESC improves.have one tire not happy with,sent traxxas a pic of,waiting for or here back again from . might be sending new pair.have painted up new body,shock socks,axil boots. Hoping soon to get someone to help me post pictures next,wish I could show off.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveomaxx517 View Post
    Hoping soon to get someone to help me post pictures next,wish I could show off.
    Pics is easy. Create a photobucket account, upload pics to photobucket, once uploaded, copy the IMG code attached to the pic and paste it here on your post.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    What gear ratios are most people running with the Max6? I was 17/50 before and thinking of going 18/50 but maybe I should be thinking 18/46 or higher?

RC Champion
    What gear ratios are most people running with the Max6? I was 17/50 before and thinking of going 18/50 but maybe I should be thinking 18/46 or higher?
    18/50 is a great setup,right now I'm running 23/46 but w/Max5

RC Qualifier
    Better feel,manually programming ,well give me punch level 4 , not 5 . skips to 1after 4. Brake 25% nice. Ton o fun man. 17/54 hearing,waiting 50 spur. Now got it.at5 light/sound longer. Steering seems tighter also. More response less heat, now soars of back hill.come on gears iam pumped.
    Last edited by steveomaxx517; 04-24-2016 at 06:58 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Smiley, still at 17/54 . just saying that ran 5000mah 3s each an played my usall course for 40 min stoped.MAX6,stock motor, battery only Luke warm. Only 55 outside though. 13 runs in,have had only 1 end over to throw body off,an minimal wheel jam or impact. Awesome smoother here.

RC Competitor
    Just ordered the Max6 myself. Can someone point me to where I get the program to set it up? Thanks.

EDIT: NVM, found it on their site.
    Last edited by Tamuro; 08-11-2016 at 08:14 PM.
    Rustler VXL
    ERBE
    X-Maxx

RC Competitor
    Would you or could you use a program card for setup

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by firstchoicecp View Post
    Would you or could you use a program card for setup

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    Yes I use it every time I need to make changes on esc
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Racer
    http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/lcd-program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamuro View Post
    Just ordered the Max6 myself. Can someone point me to where I get the program to set it up? Thanks.

EDIT: NVM, found it on their site.
    E-Revo, E-Maxx, X-Maxx, Aton Quad

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkeringman71 View Post
    just get the program card
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tsumma84 View Post
    I have the max 5 and I didn't gain any top speed at all so I'm not sure what everyone is talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Did you re calabrite the ESC or just plug in and play?

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry guys for the newbie question but are you all using the fuse able cable or just a regular 10 awg wire to connect the battery leads. Ordered mine and will be here in a few days. I want to be ready up front. Thanks.
    Rustler VXL, Slash Ultimate, X Maxx

RC Competitor
    Wow seeing this thread just ordered mine Max6, with all the issues stock esc giving,looks like will be resolving all issues.
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkeringman71 View Post
    I have both the LED and LCD program boxes and although the LCD box is fine for on the fly changes when out and about, the led box also allows you to swap between three different profiles and then when back at home it can be used to connect the esc to your pc for custom lipo cut off's and other tweaks but best of all you can run esc firmware updates as and when available from HW.
    Seek forgiveness, not permission

Caveat lector!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tnafe View Post
    With all the issues we are hearing about I figured why risk it. I could always sell the stock ESC on eBay for around $120 so it only cost me $40 to upgrade.
    It's funny what a few months will do. That "$120" controller is now worth less than $40 of eBay. I just bought the max6 for a new xmaxx so I'll probably keep my esc for a boat conversion or smaller RC truck as the market is flooded with xmaxx esc's.

Also, I have the old 2 in 1 programming box for hobby wing and I just updated the firmware to 1.08 so hopefully it will recognize this new esc? Anyone tried it?

RC Competitor
    I need to replace my Max6 fan something got stuck under it and its never been the same,i have to blow on it to get it to spin,but max6 esc is great sold my stock esc long time ago.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast