RC poster

fastest motor esc combo

hi, im posting for my brother .....whats the biggest esc/motor combo that will fit in the spartan ?

RC Competitor
    The biggest motor that ive seen in a spartan is the leopard 4082 motors. Those run 180amp esc's. Other people have probably put bigger in tho. Ive seen that the spartans have a hard time doing more than 70 ish mph tho because of the deep v mono hull. So I wouldn't recommend putting some monstrosity of a motor in there. If your looking for speed, go with metal props also. They don't flex like the plastic ones.

RC Racer
    What Young Racer says is very true.

RC poster
    4092 is 2600W w 4200W burst
    4082 is 2400W w 3500W burst

The 4092 is just 10mm longer than the 4082 but the diameter is the same.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by medwards240 View Post
    hi, im posting for my brother .....whats the biggest esc/motor combo that will fit in the spartan ?
    if your looking for the biggest, a NEU 1530 would possibly be that motor at 40x108mm
    I have one of these for a Q Hydro, that should run mid 70's in race trim, and will use a Castle XLX esc on it

lots of people run a 4092 motor and
    but the biggest you can fit may not be the needed questions as more of what are your brothers goals with this boat ?

even with the stock electronics and the right prop could be more that he seriously needs
    Last edited by Double G; 05-06-2016 at 10:08 AM. Reason: banned brand name
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Qualifier
    I run the 4082 leopard in both boats with the seaking 180 esc. The boats have hit 69mph with the gps. The biggest limiting factor for the Spartan is the light weight hull. At 69mph with flat glass water the boat is running almost out of the water. It is like the unlimited hydros and almost running on a cushion of air. The boat is at the point of blowing over. Which at that speed has happened to us many times. We have the power and bigger props to push it faster but the hull is to light. It might be time to try an air foil on the rear to control blow over to get more speed.

RC Qualifier
    All IMO; In the pond I use 4s with stock electronics and that is all i need. I'm not sure if i could handle 6s in this pond.
    A big motor in a little pond would not be much fun. Don