RC poster

Flashing red charger light

Just got my Slash couple of weeks ago. First RC I have ever owned. Took it out of the box and charged the battery with the supplies car lighter port charger. Truck ran great. Didn't like the fact that I had to charge my new RC from a lighter port i ordered the Traxx ac-dc convertor wall charger. Plugged it up and it seemed to work fine. Due to a death in the family was unable to try and run the truck again till today. Placed the battery in the truck and nothing would happen. No lights at all on the ESC so thought the battery might have set to long and needed recharging. Plugged up the convertor then the charger. Red light came on solid as it should in ready mode. Plugged in the pack and charger stayed solid red for several seconds and then blinks on and off red. Will not charge. What am I missing here.

TIA

RC Enthusiast
    Most chargers a flashing red means a short. Remove or unplug things until you get a solid red [uncharging] or green [charged].
    Flashing green means an open or no connection. I have chased short circuits with the charger.
    Last edited by myerz; 03-06-2016 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myerz View Post
    Most chargers a flashing red means a short. Remove or unplug things until you get a solid red [uncharged] or green [charging].
    Flashing green means an open or no connection. I have chased short circuits with the charger.
    Bad advice since connecting in the wrong order will burn the charger's fuse. Which, by the way, is what the OP's situation seems to be suggesting. So, check the fuse.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    I have used this many times using a Tenergy charger. I am not lying. There are a lot of variables. I agree an open [blown fuse] will halt any charging. However if your charger has a shunt zener, no damage and a flashing red. Or just go ahead and delete all this stuff. O well.

Quote Originally Posted by myerz View Post
    I have used this many times using a Tenergy charger. I am not lying. There are a lot of variables. I agree an open [blown fuse] will halt any charging. However if your charger has a shunt zener, no damage and a flashing red. Or just go ahead and delete all this stuff. O well.
    Don't know why we're discussing other chargers. The question pertained to the included charger, so almost all of the information in your posts is irrelevant.

The OP may find this helpful:
    How to Troubleshoot Traxxas DC Chargers
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    My new NiMH charger I bought for my grandson when I plug it in is solid red. When I plug in the battery, it will blink green for about 30 seconds, then start blinking red. If I unplug it, it will continue blinking red as long as the battery is plugged in. The fuse is fine. What could be the problem?

RC poster
    I had the same issue and I fixed it. Very simple!

If you'll look at the connectors on the charger itself, I had the NIMH 2 AMP charger, and I noticed that the connectors were a little too far apart and I thought if I pushed them closer together it might fix it. So I did just that. I used a small flat-head screwdriver and brought those connectors in a bit. (It was unplugged of course) and sure enough that was the issue that was causing it to flash red!

The connectors are kind of flimsy so if they get rattled it might be the reason it's giving the error code.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Texican1911 View Post
    My new NiMH charger I bought for my grandson when I plug it in is solid red. When I plug in the battery, it will blink green for about 30 seconds, then start blinking red. If I unplug it, it will continue blinking red as long as the battery is plugged in. The fuse is fine. What could be the problem?
    Hi I know it's an old post but I'm having this exact same problem, did you fix it and how?

BTW I've already tried in different cars and with two different batteries.