RC poster

GPS keeps searching

I had to replace the lower body and when turned Aton on green GPS blinks slowly (searching) and information light 3 blinks. What does that mean? Manual doesn't give any remedies

RC poster
    Also, the blades don't turn, but first light is solid and battery fully charged.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by kceezie View Post
    I had to replace the lower body and when turned Aton on green GPS blinks slowly (searching) and information light 3 blinks. What does that mean? Manual doesn't give any remedies
    Hmmm, sure you didn't swap the two larger connectors that plug into main board?

RC poster
    Nope, only took one off and it wa by itself.

RC Competitor
    Do the leg lights come on and stay on and the startup tones play as usual? Or do you get nothing but the green lights?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    Do the leg lights come on and stay on and the startup tones play as usual? Or do you get nothing but the green lights?
    http://youtu.be/-Lo5vRPyjdE Here is link to a vid of my issue. I get connection to Aton.

RC Racer
    http://youtu.be/-Lo5vRPyjdE Here is link to a vid of my issue. I get connection to Aton.
    That plug you took off is the Bluetooth board connection. Under the the top board is a large plug that plugs into the PDB board. Make sure that is plugged in and double check your GPS board plug. The GPS board in under the wing dome thing with the status lights.

RC Competitor
    When you plug in the battery, do you hear the normal startup tones? If you use the trim button located near the right stick on the transmitter to turn the leg lights on and off, does that work?

RC poster
    Trim button works turning lights on and off and when turn on does that little song. The GPS plug is in

RC Racer
    Trim button works turning lights on and off and when turn on does that little song. The GPS plug is in
    I noticed your inside the house. Take it outside, turn the transmitter on, and plug it in.

RC poster
    It does the same thing outside where I usually fly it. I am inside just when I was researching if anyone else had this issue

RC Competitor
    It does the same thing outside where I usually fly it. I am inside just when I was researching if anyone else had this issue
    Hmm. The radio works and you are getting correct power to the CPU. Maybe a motor is wired up incorrectly? Seems like you could cross the blue wires if you weren't careful when reassembling? Like connect the front motor to the lead for the rear motor by mistake? Also check the bullet connections to each motor and make sure the solder for each motor wire hasn't broken free from the board.

RC poster
    Okay. I will try that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    Hmm. The radio works and you are getting correct power to the CPU. Maybe a motor is wired up incorrectly? Seems like you could cross the blue wires if you weren't careful when reassembling? Like connect the front motor to the lead for the rear motor by mistake? Also check the bullet connections to each motor and make sure the solder for each motor wire hasn't broken free from the board.
    I second this, IMO these sound like the most likely causes from what I understand.

Btw TheWolf, I approve of your username...
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Competitor
    Did you get it working?

RC poster
    No. I found a frayed wire. I guess if one motor doesn't work then all don't? It will take a minute to get it rewired cause of work and school.