Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    81

    Help with wheel extenders PLEASE

    I've tried searching Google amazon and this forum for anything to solve my dilemma. I've got mip cvd xduty axles and I want to run 17mm hex wheel extenders because I want to be crazy and run some 3.8 trenchers on proline f11 wheels. My problem is that all the wheel hub extenders ive seen use the pin through the axle and my mips don't have that hole for the pin. I've tried searching and it seems like I'm out of luck to put hub extenders on the mip axles. Can someone point me in the right direction to get some extenders because my last resort would be to drill the mip hub to accept a pin which I really don't want to do.

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    96

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    9,390
    those aren't going to get you much additional width.....

    Also, I really dislike the small head of the MIP 17mm caps.....


    Really, MIP forces you to run their adapters..... part of the keyed system.....

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    those aren't going to get you much additional width.....

    Also, I really dislike the small head of the MIP 17mm caps.....


    Really, MIP forces you to run their adapters..... part of the keyed system.....
    I'm starting to wonder if drilling is my only option. I've been browsing for a couple days now and can't find anything. Those mip adapters won't do anything for me they won't extend far enough

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jezza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    5,590
    I am not sure how wide will the HR 10 mm ofset 17mm adapters extend, these go over the MIP 12 mm hex and can be used for the F11. Maybe you may look at that option.
    Live life to the fullest

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    479
    Definitely gonna have a weak link if you drill through the stub axle. That's why MIP got away from that design. I run the Hot Racing adapters, not sure if 10mm is gonna offset you enough, really would depend on the offset of the 3.8 F11s.

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Definitely gonna have a weak link if you drill through the stub axle. That's why MIP got away from that design. I run the Hot Racing adapters, not sure if 10mm is gonna offset you enough, really would depend on the offset of the 3.8 F11s.
    Can you post a link to those adapters. I think 10mm should be enough.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    479
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFJAP

    They aren't metal like they appear to be but are holding up well to 3s bashing with a Castle 2400.

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    36
    If im backyard racing, will the extra width from the extenders actually help my stampede on a basic dirt track with a few jumps? And is there any drawbacks from using them ? Also running tekno cvd's so will that matter or what will i have to do to run the extenders? TIA

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    251
    I run new style mip axles with the grub screws and HR 6mm offset 17mm adapters with f11 wheels. I don't know if 10mm will give you enough room for 3.8 wheels but this setup works well with 2.8 wheels.
    Chances make champions!

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Magstang1 View Post
    I run new style mip axles with the grub screws and HR 6mm offset 17mm adapters with f11 wheels. I don't know if 10mm will give you enough room for 3.8 wheels but this setup works well with 2.8 wheels.
    My 2.8 trenchers fit no problem on the f11 wheels. Now for the 3.8 trenchers on f11 the rears are ok but the fronts are limited by the shock guard and front bumper. So I think the 10mm will be just enough to clear so we will have to see. I finally found a set online hr 10mm offset 12mm to 17mm I'll have to try them out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •