high speed wobble

Hello
    when I run the revo at full speed , the front wobbles from right to left .

I don't know whats causing this .

Any ideas out there ?

anyone ?......

RC Competitor
    Maybe check your bearing in your front wheel hubs and differential? I'd just closely examine your front end. I've never had this problem..

RC Racer
    Is it a new truck? If yes is the receiver a TSM? That's something to give the driver better control of the truck.I read somewhere if you use to much tsm it make's the truck's front end Wobble.Turn the dial back a bit n see if that help's.

So I sent it back to the factory and I got it back today .
    They taped down the tsm receiver .
    I haven't tested it yet to see if it still wobbles .
    wish me luck

I second the opinion on TSM. Too much and it wobbles. Personally when I was using the stock radio I didn't use TSM. I've since upgraded my radio and receiver and eliminated the TSM altogether. I would turn the TSM down all the way and see if still happens. If so, another thing to check is how much play the 17mm hex adapters have in them. I've shimmed my hubs and reduced all of the play the wheels had. Typically it takes anywhere from .5 to .6mm worth of shimming (in my case) to tighten up the hex adapters. The shims go in between the hex adapters and the outer hub bearings. Also, make sure your pivot ball caps are as tight as they can be without binding the suspension. They should get tight enough to allow the suspension to travel freely without extra play.
    Happy Motoring!

RC Racer
    I had that prob too and changed the hex to a german made one i forgot the name of it. I think it's HPP or something like that. Since then the wobble has reduced. Will be changing the axle carriers to Hot racing. The rpm ones, from what i read has the pivot ball popping out.

well it seems to run without the wobble , I have everything real tight and the tsm is turned all the way down

Also I'm now using a tekno sway bar kit which really helps with handling.

RC Enthusiast
    I also have the same problew what should i do? What does the tekno sway bar kit do?
    Last edited by Erevoowner; 04-06-2016 at 07:31 AM.

RC Racer

high speed wobble

Its either the tsm set to 50 or above that or there maybe debris in the tire. Try removing the tires from the rim and cleaning. Maybe you haven't done that in a while.....

Try cleaning the drive shafts too. What are they? MIP? Finally use these hubs http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-s...ermutter.html&
    Last edited by anishkgt; 04-06-2016 at 07:35 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    yea my tires are bald i need new ones. But my steering is also messed up is that because of the tires?

RC Racer
    Yea time to check those tires and the steering.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks but should i upgrade the steering to metal? And i dont know what tsm is. I will also get aekno sway bar kit

RC Racer
    Metal ? Are you referring to the servo arm? TSM is the technology from traxxas that come builtin for most of their products now. It helps keep the vehicle straight. If its set way high then that could also be the reason to wobble.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes the servo. I don't think i have TSM in my car could i install it?

RC Racer

high speed wobble

Stock has two servo's Are you planning to change to a single servo? Either way metal servo arm is not necessary. Stock should be ok.

TSM comes within the receiver so you have to replace the receiver all together. Its very good if you bash on loose gravel like how i do and keeps the truck moving straight at all times. Earlier, before tsm came many of used a helicopter gyro. But the tsm is better and much more responsive.

So if you don't have TSM then its probably your tires or axle carriers. Tighten the pivot ball but not very tight tho. Should freely move.
    Last edited by anishkgt; 04-06-2016 at 07:53 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Yea i don't have TSM. Thanks

RC Racer
    Glad to help

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by anishkgt View Post
    I had that prob too and changed the hex to a german made one i forgot the name of it. I think it's HPP or something like that. Since then the wobble has reduced. Will be changing the axle carriers to Hot racing. The rpm ones, from what i read has the pivot ball popping out.
    You can remove the metal rings from the stock carriers and put them on your rpm carriers to prevent the balls from popping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Multirotor View Post
    You can remove the metal rings from the stock carriers and put them on your rpm carriers to prevent the balls from popping out.
    Or put larger bearings
    Live life to the fullest