RC poster

Back in the R/C game with a Rustler VXL, any racers here in Dubai?

Hi all,

I've been a long-time R/C enthusiast but I haven't been involved in the hobby for the past 5 years or so, so I've just jumped back into it by buying a Rustler VXL. One thing I have to say about Traxxas here, they do know how to extract extra money from a person.. the plastic parts that come as standard in the truck are not really suited for high speed jumps etc, I've since replaced them (axle hubs, dogbones) with the rather pricey metal aftermarket upgrades, it would have been nice if they came equipped as standard items in the truck to begin with, but this post's purpose isn't to gripe about such things.. I'm trying to find fellow R/C people in my area (Dubai) and also finding a racetrack has been rather challenging out here, there aren't any official ones, prorc.ae looked promising but it turns out it's been closed for years.. so if anyone knows if there's a track in this country or at least a place where racers gather please let me know.

Peace

RC Competitor
    I'm not answering your question but more making a comment about your statement regarding the build of the truck. I'd say for what you pay ($330ish USA) you get quite a bit of bang for the buck. Brushless, Bluetooth capable remote, tsm, full ball bearings, water proof, etc.... There isn't much to complain about. Breaking parts comes with the hobby since these things are capable of over nearly 60 mph with an optional battery and the supplied gears.