Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so I think I may be having a radio issue... just ordered a radio for $70 shipped off ebay -- it is a 2ch tqi with a tsm receiver and a bluetooth module

I think it will work with my current servo? it isn't a traxxas servo, but is a HV digital servo -- also, can the traxxas tsm sysyem be run on a 7.4v BEC or does it need the standard 6.0v?

also picked up some generic sct wheels and tires for $18.99 shipped

400 posts!!!!! and like half of them are mine, lol
    Last edited by jimbo74; 04-24-2017 at 01:04 AM.

I thought the tqi transmitters was specifically from traxxas? Not 100% sure though
    And 4 tires under $20 that's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The tqi is traxxas

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    6. Pretty sure 7.4 will fry it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So..... just ordered

Lunsford Racing Titanium Hinge Pin Kit Slash 4x4 - Part# LNS3727

$17.98 shipped

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    $18.99

those look like the really cheap tires i found a while ago
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

Nice! You got a link for them?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxBash View Post
    Nice! You got a link for them?

Nevermind I see the kforce. Let us know how you like em.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got them off ebay. Had some from goolrc before for about the same price. I burn through them like crazy. But that is because the way I drive.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Has the bluetooth module

What exactly can you control/change with that? I haven't heard a lot about it or any research lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's tsm and I can get the app. Also telemetry if I add the sensors

Ahh nice. Let us know how that works for ya! Might get this for fast bashin purposes

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxBash View Post
    What exactly can you control/change with that? I haven't heard a lot about it or any research lol
    It connects to the TraxxasLink app on a smartphone and essentially turns it into a computer radio system. You can adjust all your trim, set epa, read telemetry, set/adjust training mode, etc. It's really useful, and is why I put TQi receivers on all my bashers. It'll keep the custom configurations for all your connected rc's.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdabbler View Post
    It connects to the TraxxasLink app on a smartphone and essentially turns it into a computer radio system. You can adjust all your trim, set epa, read telemetry, set/adjust training mode, etc. It's really useful, and is why I put TQi receivers on all my bashers. It'll keep the custom configurations for all your connected rc's.
    Sweet. That's something I'll have to look into upgrading thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah, I needed a new radio system, and this was the cheapest

RC Qualifier
    Thats the one that comes with the Platinum right?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1 View Post
    Thats the one that comes with the Platinum right?
    I have no idea

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    is there a certain orientation I need to mount this thing in the receiver box?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    is there a certain orientation I need to mount this thing in the receiver box?
    I generally try and line it up so that the indicator light in close to the little sight glass in the receiver box lid.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't run a lid sot here is no issue there, I meant does it need to be sideways, or what?

The exploded view shows the connectors are to the outside of the truck.
    Slash 4x4 Tekin RX8GenII w/Pro4 4300hd

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Didn't even think about the exploded view. Good call smoggy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have no idea what I am doing, but I am updating my transmitter and my receiver and they are doing it through my cell phone

EDIT:

so it says everything is updated.

I have no idea where to start with what settings to use.....

I am running the Tekin rx8 gen 2 with the bec set to 6v and a 3.5v cell cutoff
    Last edited by jimbo74; 05-13-2017 at 06:17 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    got a chance to run it today. no body, and some rear arrma wheels and bald goolrc front... but whatevs... and no body....

I like the TSM. definitely need to figure it out a little more though....

Also need to do some tweaking with the RX8..... so many things to tweak!!!!!

anyone have recommended setups?

So do I need sensors to use the dashboard? I know I will for RPM, and Voltage, but I thought speed did gps? or?

also, is the battery emblem on my phone indicating the battery level in my transmitter?

oh yeah, I put the lunsford front pins in my knuckles, with the E clips... that whole assembly is way tighter now.... I can only imagine how awesome it would be if it was a screw through there with a nut on the end.... but very happy with it
    Last edited by jimbo74; 05-13-2017 at 09:47 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So I really like how the tsm doesn't get squirrely at speed. But.... seems like i cant turn like i used to. Currently set at 15%. Should I go less? I did tweak my steering to 120% epa

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have decided that I need a 3s battery. However, I will need a new motor to go with it. Any recommendations? I WANT a 1/8th scale if possible, but not sure on the sizes.... I think 40mm or 42mm? What kv?

When tweaking everything you can enable the multifunction knob get it to where you like it so you don't have to stare at your phone then move to the next. On day to day I leave it set to the TSM so I can turn it off as needed. At higher speeds it seems to over compensate if turned up too high and do fishtails

For the sensors I get them off ebay. You can get the temp and voltage in the same kit. The speed does go off gps when bought and with expansion or it can go off of rpm,spur,pinion,final drive, tire size which all gets entered in. It sucks with nitros it tells says you're moving when it's sitting there idling because of the engine rpm.

There should be 2 battery indicators one for the car and one for the controller

Hope some of this helps

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow, haven't posted in awhile. Got some new cheap tires/wheels glued up. I suck. The beads aren't fully seated.... haha, I just need to buy premounts now..... got my evil issue with the bluetooth module (finally, that was a whole nother headache) might run this weekend if I get some time. I have left my battery in it, fully charged for over a week now... I know you aren't supposed to, but I have been busy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    finally ran it today!

not as fun as I remember, but it worked.....

I do feel like it has a drastic amount of oversteer to the left, and that I had to dial a lot of trim to the right to get it straight -- wasn't like this before, and the only thing different was getting my bluetooth module reflashed because they don't work with android

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    finally ran it today!

not as fun as I remember, but it worked.....

I do feel like it has a drastic amount of oversteer to the left, and that I had to dial a lot of trim to the right to get it straight -- wasn't like this before, and the only thing different was getting my bluetooth module reflashed because they don't work with android
    Guess I should of looked at your thread. Good to hear you got it up and running again.
    Slash 4x4 Tekin RX8GenII w/Pro4 4300hd

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    and only running 5% tsm

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    might let my kids play with the slash this weekend, but I will need to tone it down with the app on the fly

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    didn't see my kids this weekend, but I am going to take my slash to a car show in a few hours... haha, I should probably go to sleep

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ran it yesterday... had fun... doesn't seem as punchy as I remembered, but that might be settings, also the tsm was on @ ~ 5%

I am running older 2s batteries on the tekin rx8 with a pro4 4300kv motor

I am seriously considering anotehr castle system! I was not happy that my mmp couldn't handle 2s, and that their CS flat out doesn't know their products or lies, but their ease of use was better.... the tekin software stuff is confusing to me, their settings and profiles seem to be way too customizable for me... maybe I'm just a

I have also discovered I need to buy premounted tires from now on, I can't glue my own tires to save my life.... tried, several times, and I can never get the bead seated properly --- and I need to balance my tire/wheel combo as well

on another note, my phone updated to android 7.1.1 yesterday morning..... and unlike last time, it actually still worked with my bluetooth module

also flew my quadcopter today

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-24-2017 at 04:43 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ok, so just did some tweaking

I am @ 16/52 on gearing

running sc sized tires

the motor is a sensored pro4 but is a pro4 4000kv, not a 4300 as I mentioned above....

I found that with the Tekin software for the hotlink, that the values are a lot more precise, where thre may only b a 1-7 due to the leds on it setting, the values for certain things can go higher and lower with the hotlink.... so when smogman says I am @ a 7 on something, if I ran a 7 on the hotlink, it is a totally different value

and hopefully I don't get flagged for a language violation the starred word in the above post isn't vulgar at all, and I was refering to myself as not being the brightest crayon in the box, not insulting anyone but myself -- but I tried to go back and edit it, and it says I am past my window to do it
    Last edited by jimbo74; 10-22-2017 at 05:09 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I may try to drive it before work in the morning if I wake up early enough.... hopefully will be better with the settings I changed

I agree with you as far as the gluing of your tires.....I completely messed up my new badlands mx2.8.....so wobbly it's embarrassing.
    It's fun sometimes to go back to stock size and have to readjust your skills.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yeah, I like the way it handles with the stock size, allows me to drive it the way I like to drive.. I drive my real car like this too, haha

the problem is, I apparently jsut can't glue the tires..... those new tires I got for $19 are great tires/wheels, but they don't come glued, and I butchered them

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast