Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Hey Jimbo, I am running 18/50. I ran this gearing with my 4000kv motor and it would get hot but, with my new one it doesn't.

I, knowing how you roll... would drop to a 17/50 or so I think the 19 is too much for your motor/finger.

Do you have a timing adjustment on your system? If so then I would run it with no timing and give that a try!!
    Slash 4x4 Tekin RX8GenII w/Pro4 4300hd

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yeah, pretty sure timing is @ 0.

I like where it is speed wise.... maybe it needs a 3s

the only issue, is it hits thermal now.... Honestly, I am really not happy with Castle about this..... I love their software, but this has jsut really ticked me off with them.... They sent me a refurb'ed unit, instead of the one I sent them, and the refurb has been having problems that my original one, that I purchased brand new, never had.... then to be flat out lied to, either by 1 or 2 different people at Castle (I still have the emails) so I don't know who to believe anymore.....

ok, so my slicks are 3.83" in diameter

I think I am going to drop to a 17, and give it a try.... the scriptasylum calculator is off a few mph, than what real world shows me, but it is a good baseline.... if you play around with it, you can kinda see how much difference there is between ratios....

maybe the 17 will make me not overheat.... it will drop me like 5 mph though.....

going to need to do some more work.... speed is good, but my gears are either chewed up, or I really screwed up the mesh..... sounds like a jet engine now.....

so i tossed in a 54 and a 17.... hope it sounds better.......

ok, so still hitting thermal shutdown on an mmp, on 17/54 on a 2s..... with little tires! 3.83" diameter

it is definitely the ESC. really not happy with castle.... hack, this gearing is conservative......
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-11-2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Did you check the fan if all blades are still there or a rock stuck?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    Did you check the fan if all blades are still there or a rock stuck?
    yup it is fine

not sure if you read my rant on it before... but castle has been jerking me around with it.... not happy with them at all

oh yeah, no pics, but I used some leftover foam, and stuck it under the tab of the battery hold down.... without the strap in it, the hold down clip is forced shut all the time.... I like it Thanks to thesmogman for that idea

here are some new pics..... I took off my lights until I can figure out a better way to moung them

Last edited by cooleocool; 05-11-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so I just happened to check out Castle's website, and you aren't even supposed to run the MMP with a 4x4 and a 4300kv motor, even with conservative gearing of 17/54 and 2s...

RC Qualifier
    Well that sucks. I went with the MMX 2200 in the hopes it will help me fight heating issues in the future.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacobox View Post
    Well that sucks. I went with the MMX 2200 in the hopes it will help me fight heating issues in the future.
    I swear my esc was fine before they worked on it... I am sure they gave me some refurb junk..... really not happy with castle on this...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    broke my front diff housing and my front bulkhead today

I have a spare diff housing, but looks like this is going to be shelved for awhile..... sucks

Just what do you need Jimbo. I got parts. I'll bring them to work tomorrow.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    SWEET
    this:

I got two. No worries my friend.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so I also killed the chassis, the hole where the swaybar mount goes, is completely gone on the right side....

I got one of those too... Slightly used but in great condition.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Qualifier
    No sense in doin it half way. If your gonna break stuff might as well go big I always seem to.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    My ? Is what did you hit lol.

Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    My ? Is what did you hit lol.
    note quite sure.... It was either a parked car, or a curb..... I was getting it out of the middle of the street, so a car could pass

GOT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER THANKS TO THE CHASSIS AND FRONT BULKHEAD FROM THESMOGMAN!!!!!!!!

while putting it back together, I found that I had severely bent my swaybar, so I used the soft silver bar as a template and bent my black bar back into shape

I also discovered I may have more stuff bent than I thought, my bumper is definitely messed up, and my rear diff case half might be, as well as my shock tower may also be bent.... my Vorza shocks are ok though, still smooth as butter

too late to drive it tonight, but I will drive it in the morning....

I also mounted my receiver box the correct way, and actually ran an antenna tube!!!!! I haven't done that in years... it looks pretty clean really.....

I will upload a couple of pictures in a few minutes

Last edited by cooleocool; 05-14-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: merge

I also discovered I may have more stuff bent than I thought, my bumper is definitely messed up, and my rear diff case half might be, as well as my shock tower may also be bent.... my Vorza shocks are ok though, still smooth as butter

This is why a few people do not like the chassis brace, it transfers more damage to the rear.

Did you check on the screw's for the front shock tower rubbing the swaybar?

Thank's for making my day go by quicker!!

Now don't go running into thing's anymore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    everything in the rear end is fine, it really looks like it was an all front impact... jsut it was all front, like everything......

I did check the screws, It seems to fit together well, but if I do end up switching the tower and the back of the case out, I will try to find stock screws..... I have the SS screws, and by my measurement, TRX specs a 15mm screw, and mine are either 15 or 16mm by my measurement with my digital calipers if I am correct

Ran it for a little while today, something wasn't right....

so I did quite a bit of work today....

here is what happened, I had thought the rear half of diff housing and shock tower could have been bent, so I replaced them, also used some red grease I found on the diff....

Put it back together with the silver front swaybar

changed up my lower shock attachment a little bit, instead of an extra ball, there is now a bearing as a spacer, my right side screw was very bent, so that also got replaced.

my bumper is jacked, so for now, not running one, just have the lower stampede cap on there - not even the actual stampede bumper just the hinge pin cover -- hopefully no more full speed curb/parked car assaults

oh yeah, removed my VG Racing chassis brace.....

Last edited by cooleocool; 05-15-2016 at 09:39 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    hit thermal shutdown today within about 5 minutes.....

and I feel it doesn't handle like it should.... it needs some major tuning now that everything is pretty much overhualed

Come by w/truck I will take a look. Just try'ed pink rears in front....NO. Went back to black rear on rear and pink fronts and truck is dialed. Greased f/r diffs. Beautiful. I'll bring truck.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    sent a PM smog

need to reprogram my MMP too, I went through the re-calibarating process, and somehow, think I reset everything to factory settings.... I can't use my brakes, it immediately goes into reverse now..... GRRRRRR getting really tired of this MMP..... and I don't have a computer with protocol that supports the link software, so I will be programming it with beeps and throttle

Re-programimg your settings, dont you hate that.....

A lot of you huys se the huge dog bone tekno centre, how are you liking yours.

I have had the one and only traxxas stock since my build, so far it has done great for me but to get it at the lhs and leave it as a spare untill or when this one gives up on me.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yeah, my computer runs xp, and that isn't compatible with CC Link

as far as the big bone, I like it... I only have 2 issues with it, but they aren't a big deal... you have to clearance the chassis in the front or it rubs/binds and makes a horrible noise at the diff cup, and the rear diff cup, the grub screw sticks out slightly, and wont allow the bearing to slide over it, unless i take the grub screw out - it should just slide off

RC Qualifier
    What screws did you to mount the shocks with those standoffs? I just got the stand offs and need to mount them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    front or rears? tops or bottoms?

I mounted mine in a rather unconventional way, but that is how I felt like doing it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    got my new bumper yesterday, and new swaybars, and new stock arms were waiting in the mailbox when I got home an hour ago....

Special thanks to thesmogman for being awesome and giving me a body, and letting me borrow some arms!!!

So, I dropped my suspension down a little bit... handles a lot better.... also put the gray springs on it, all the way around

I do notice, if I am holding the car in the air by the bumper, that if I yank on the throttle, the front wheels teak to the right on their own, then straighten out, it is just a split second..... it is very weird, not sure why that is happening.... trim is consistent, and never has tracking issues --- but I think that tweak right, may be what is sending my truck into spins at full throttle yanks, with no steering input.... hmmmmm

Your Welcome Jimbo, I was thinking about your twitch and didn't you move your antenna a few weeks ago? Might want to put it back how you had it.

We really need to lower your front a little, if it mean's cutting the springs then we might just need to do that.

Overall I think we have improved your machine

Have a good one!! I am off to taping the new body and hopefully get it done today, But I will post it in my thread.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so, I went to NorCal Hobbies today.... ran a good long time.... my driving skills suck..... truck did pretty good... I did snap a front right a arm within like 5 minutes of being there, luckily, I have extras now -- I do still need to drop off a pair to thesmogman....

I am not a fan of this current track layout, was much better last time I was there....

The body I got from thesmogman got pretty beat today, lost 2 of the body washers, that were shoe goo'd to it!!!! popped a couple body pins out as well.. I might need to get some fiber tape and shoe goo the rest of it.... I may also install my light kit

so for the weird twitch, the bearded guy @ NorCal, said it is because my radio sucks, and that if I got the cheap Spektrum, I wouldn't have that slight tweak on throttle.... so, will need to look into that..... -- still not sure that is what it is..... but we will see

Cheap Spektrum DX2E is about $60 with receiver. If you're going to spend that, just spend an extra $30-40 and get a Futaba 3PV or Sanwa MX-V.

While I recommended my neighbor get the DX2E, those other two are like 3x the radios the Spektrum is and way way worth it.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    not spending anything at the moment.. still not convinced my radio is bad.....

and just picked up one of these:

Last edited by jimbo74; 05-29-2016 at 01:25 AM.

That appears to fit one of these.
    Traxxas Slash Platinum Edition

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so, I was wrong on posting the pic.... the zombie design doesn't look like that anymore, it is different now

mine won't be painted though, well, at least not until I decide to paint it

Please, back to the topic guys. There's at least one arms thread in the Alley.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Please, back to the topic guys. There's at least one arms thread in the Alley.
    no worries, just explaining while I probably wont have any $ for awhile.....

You gotta tell me when you are doing this. I need to set up your truck for this. We need to spend a day at the track. I need to take care of my body... ha ha new one is cool.pics Tuesday.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmogman View Post
    You gotta tell me when you are doing this. I need to set up your truck for this. We need to spend a day at the track. I need to take care of my body... ha ha new one is cool.pics Tuesday.

yeah it was an impulse.... I was like well..... actually went gun shopping in San Jose, and I was like well, maybe I will swing by the hobby store, because they are having a sale today....

All day long I was like, darnit, wish thesmogman was here, would be so much more fun.....

that body is about to get laminated with shoe goo and drywall tape, I don't care if it weighs 3 pounds......

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ok, still have issues, but...... it currently drives the best it has ever driven, but I feel there is still way too much suspension when I drive it.... ride height is perfectly where I want it, but as soon as I stomp on the gas, the front end lifts, like 1.5"

and when it does it, it does it very abruptly, and might be the cause of my wheelhop and veering to the right on it's own

I have not yet investigated if my radio is the culprit of making the wheels wobble on throttle....

and I think my esc is really on it's last legs...... it's in the 90s outside and I ran it.... it didn't hit thermal today, as I got tired of driving it and brought it in early, but it smelled warm... can't really describe it...... motor was warm, but not hot, and battery was around ambient temp

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

What's up with the broken pic symbol? I want pic!!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast