Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the pic works for me

does this work?

Last edited by jimbo74; 06-06-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Much better.
    Slash 4x4 Tekin RX8GenII w/Pro4 4300hd

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's the same picture, and it shows up on my computer, so I don't know what's up with it... the original is larger though....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    decided to get some drywall fiver tape and some shoe goo.... well they didn't have shoe go, so I got amazing goop (funny, because it is made by the same company)

blew through the whole 3.7 oz tube rather quickly.... still half at least half the body to do.... went and bought another tube, this time shoe goo from somewhere else, and will start again in a few minutes....

can anyone weigh their stock body for me? I am interested to know how much I added to this thing... I will say probably at least half a pound when it is said and done!!!!! maybe it will help with the parachuting, lol
    Last edited by jimbo74; 06-07-2016 at 11:24 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    just finished the body, and another tube..... still need to reattach the plastic washers on the top of the body, but I will need to borrow some shoe goo for that.... the body is at least 2x as heavy as stock now... it's drying in the garage, I will weigh it in the morning

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    while it isn't completed yet, the body currently weighs 11 oz

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    while it isn't completed yet, the body currently weighs 11 oz
    Not bad! No stresses. Looks like you're not adding "that much".

The pic below is my stock Platinum body with just a little velcro and a tiny bit of vapor barrier tape around the mount holes.

I need to repair some cracks with drywall tape and goo myself. I decided this time I'm just repairing as needed.

It says 6.8oz

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stanleybb50; 06-08-2016 at 05:11 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    pretty much half my body has been laminated, haha

so I did some reworking to the front bumper today..... it is now jsut a straight bumper.... no more getting hung up on the body

no picture, but I will post one below of a bumper that looks similar to what I did -- this is an arrma, but this is how I cut the top off my bumper, looks like this now

RC Qualifier
    I bought a used slash with the bumper cut like that, it took me at least a week to notice but I like it. This is the best picture I have...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh, by the way....The body will get hung up on the bumper if you dose-dive it.

Guess I was a little late. That will teach that bumper to mess with you.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Tossed on my knocklands... pretty. Legit. Discovered I am actually getting crazy wheelhop and why it veers to the right immediately. Only does it at wot from a dead stop... if I am not a maniac, it is quite predictable and controllable

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    crazy.
    I had the old trx BB shocks and my truck was killer. Let your truck sit low. The back will "slap" and drag on clay track on landings. so what! keep it low.
    Unscrew the bottom shock ends a couple turns and increase droop.
    50W oil
    old school but fast

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nope, it isn't a shock issue, have used big bores and vorzas

I noticed it more while testing the badlands in fresh cut low dead CA grass and on a basketball court --- it isn't visible on the street

Probably diff'ing out
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it isn't diffing out....

I have 30k front and rear.... both tires are actually moving at the same speed, well all 4 are... it is called having too much power.....

real drag cars behave the same way when they do their burnouts, and nothing is wrong with them.....

RC Qualifier
    Tossed on my knocklands... pretty. Legit. Discovered I am actually getting crazy wheelhop and why it veers to the right immediately. Only does it at wot from a dead stop... if I am not a maniac, it is quite predictable and controllable

2s won't do that too often.
    3s and high mah heavy batteries will be heavier on the left, getting more traction on the left, then driving to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCarnage View Post
    2s won't do that too often.
    3s and high mah heavy batteries will be heavier on the left, getting more traction on the left, then driving to the right.
    That's a really good point. I wonder what the weight distribution is of jimbo's car.

If he's running rear aluminum hubs and a heavy pack on the rear left, you've got 4 degrees of toe-in pointing right with all of the traction. 30k is not very thick diff fluid, left will get all the traction and some power will bleed off allowing it to stick and push the car to the right.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    weight distribution is fine

as I have said before, it has too much power, it happens, move on.... quit trying to make a problem that has been solved.....

Wow, sorry dude. Whenever you update your car it seems like you are complaining about something wrong it's doing and you are looking for a solution.

My fault, I won't help you with your car anymore.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am pretty sure I was jsut updating this thread......

pretty sure I said I found why it was acting funny....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wanted to enjoy my rc car for the 4th.... charged up the battery turned it on went out side, and eralized that I had forgotten that half my tire came unglued yesterday ---- FROM ALL THE POWER I HAVE!!!!

this is just an update..... I glued it back on... might go drive it in like an hour.....

I don't need any posts about re-inventing the wheel, or how my tire is broken or anything... or that my tire wouldn't be broken if I didn't diff out blah blah.......

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    fixed 2 lipos today

one was a hardcase that had slightly puffed and split the hardcase so it got superglued back together and clamped (gforce) and another was a different brand that I had accidentally plugged in the leads backwards, tried to turn on my car, and it died. -- nothing happened to the esc.. had no power at the cells, so, I looked it over, and determined that I fried some solder.... I added some solder, and superglued the case back together.... it is clamped and drying now, and is showing proper voltage

GL on the lipo's. Stay near when charging them the first couple of times at least. Please!!
    I want you to try my revo slipper with the stock pads. I think I can get you to agree with running the slipper with just a very very small bit of slip, did I say very. Who knows, you might just like it. Maybe that very small bit of slip is all you need to get you thru the first foot or two of wheel hop.

I'll take and build you a diff to try w/100K since most have been doing this, just to put the diffing out to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmogman View Post
    GL on the lipo's. Stay near when charging them the first couple of times at least. Please!!
    I want you to try my revo slipper with the stock pads. I think I can get you to agree with running the slipper with just a very very small bit of slip, did I say very. Who knows, you might just like it. Maybe that very small bit of slip is all you need to get you thru the first foot or two of wheel hop.

I'll take and build you a diff to try w/100K since most have been doing this, just to put the diffing out to rest.
    Seems to be a nice offer.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had 100k in the rear originally

and 1m in the front

I know I'm late to the conversation but having spent over 30 years running the quarter mile in 1:1 rigs rig wheel hop can be a sign of a few things.
    If your tires arent directional try swapping the rights to the left and see if the issue goes with the switch, being rc cars the tires could have a ton to do with it as there nowhere near the quality of a real drag slick.
    If your issue remains on the right its most likely just some suspension play that can be hardly noticed by the human eye.
    If all four were doing it wheel rpm speed could be a contributing factor as well, to slow can cause excessive wheel hop.
    One could wright a book on all the causes of wheel hop but the number of things that could be a variable in rc and 1:1 rigs is not a very long list.
    Lastly balancing your rc tires makes a world of difference on any rig going over 25mph.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Best of luck to you.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

I agree with you Razor that you are trying to help and your comment was just what Jimbo stated to you and you just passed it along. I guess I should of taken it better. We are still chasing as to why it hook's from a stop. You can see that I have been loaning him parts and I'm actively trying to understand it. It is like a rubik's cube, I still can't solve it. It has been bothering me and that why I kinda responded the way I did. I think that he is also going thru what I am too. Just a little frustration.

We good?

Quote Originally Posted by thesmogman View Post
    I agree with you Razor that you are trying to help and your comment was just what Jimbo stated to you and you just passed it along. I guess I should of taken it better. We are still chasing as to why it hook's from a stop. You can see that I have been loaning him parts and I'm actively trying to understand it. It is like a rubik's cube, I still can't solve it. It has been bothering me and that why I kinda responded the way I did. I think that he is also going thru what I am too. Just a little frustration.

We good?
    No worries, you're a cool guy and know what you're talking about, I always enjoy reading your posts.

I have suggestions on things to try, but I don't think your friend is interested in hearing them.

Good luck with the truck, hope you figure out what's wrong.

Jimbo74's Sl4sh LCG Build

Thread has been cleaned. Please stop trying to set each others' hair on fire.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-05-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so thesmogman and I did some work on my truck..... If I posted a pic, no one would even recognize it...

I have really light diffs, 12mm wheels and a center diff! also, big bore shocks! -- no more chassis brace -- and a de stickered welchel body

RC poster
    so thesmogman and I did some work on my truck..... If I posted a pic, no one would even recognize it...

I have really light diffs, 12mm wheels and a center diff! also, big bore shocks! -- no more chassis brace -- and a de stickered welchel body
    You can't say something like that and not post pics!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samobaggins View Post
    You can't say something like that and not post pics!!!
    I do what I want

RC Qualifier
    Come on don't leave us hanging!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    RC. an addiction I'm proud of

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    42.5 and 35 rear in the big bores, 7k front, 10k center, 2k rear diff

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wheels are jconcepts hazards in a 12mm hex with jconcepts subculture tires

Sound's good!! Now we can go the track. Yes?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Next week probably sometime

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I think it looks naked without the stickers. Boo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I like being naked

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast