Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Found the body I want

I just love the look of slash short course bodies on the revo. I'm just not entirely sure of the exact body. The description says it's a jconcept raptor short course but the sct-r has the # plate on the side/back, and this one doesn't.

Any suggestions?

https://youtu.be/lq99YV3VYmM?list=PL...tcxV0pUf79RuCD
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Racer
    Well and about this?

-Just wanted to know what needs to be moded to fit. Real liking this. Can't stand the look of stock body of the erevo, and proline bodys everybody have them...only like the DesertMilitia...

RC Racer
    How are people doing the wing delete on erevo? Hacksaw? Lol

That's a summit actually.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

In the youtube responses they keep saying jconcepts slash raptor body but there's no way. It's very close but not quite.
    The rear vents and slope isn't quite the same

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Has to be it though besides that.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

It looks like the same body to me. They just didn't put the side number panel fins on it. They just screw onto the side. My Proline Slash Silverado Pro SC body I have on my Slayer is the same way with the number panels.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix243 View Post
    In the youtube responses they keep saying jconcepts slash raptor body but there's no way. It's very close but not quite.
    The rear vents and slope isn't quite the same

I dont think its the same. Very close though. Take a look at the top set of louvers on the back. The black body has 2 while the blue one has 3. I dont know what body that is though. Maybe a older version of the JC?
    Need more parts.

RC Competitor
    I really like this look. What is it? I need this in my life... (Redering to the exocage looking body.)

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    It looks like the same body to me. They just didn't put the side number panel fins on it. They just screw onto the side. My Proline Slash Silverado Pro SC body I have on my Slayer is the same way with the number panels.
    That's what I figure with the number panel. I thought I saw a pic showing the option for removing.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

This is the other body I was interested in but couldn't find the brand.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Ah, that's the traxxas raptor pre-runner body. Very pricey.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Nope, back to my original idea. Just found that raptor pre-runner body for only $5 more then the SCT-R body, and shipped to my door!

And this metallic grey is to die for!

And look how little trimming there is.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

It looks great, always love the ford bodies, they are great looking cars.

I have the bug fever now but will defintely get the raptor one day, the F150 too looks great, but has been sold.

Nice mono paint job, classic....
    Last edited by Jezza; 03-10-2016 at 12:52 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

The ford atlas and raptor look cool too but almost seems overly large.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

God I love working on new bodies. Sitting pretty good but still fine tuning. Box has to be a little above the wing mount for clearance which poses a problem mounting the wing. Either a 2 post extension or offset somehow.

Completely ignore the tires, they're being remounted and aren't glued.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Color options:

1) Gun metal grey

2) Was contemplating gold to red color changer, but not entirely sure how it would look.

3) Or whatever color this is which I'm trying to figure out.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Racer
    I've recently made one with a SC body. Gun metal, metallic blue, and black. Extensive trimming is required to minimize rubbing tho. With that amount of trimming that I did, it will still rub on very large suspension compression with body lean (big jump landing on an angle for example, I have 120 LT rockers on).

This is the body it is based on:

RC Racer
    This is the other body I was interested in but couldn't find the brand.

Does your truck rub? It looks like it will rub in aggressive cornering. Mine doesn't but I trimmed a lot more than you did and it was barely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserPower View Post
    I've recently made one with a SC body. Gun metal, metallic blue, and black. Extensive trimming is required to minimize rubbing tho. With that amount of trimming that I did, it will still rub on very large suspension compression with body lean (big jump landing on an angle for example, I have 120 LT rockers on).

This is the body it is based on:
    Couple questions for you. Looks like you have a huge amount of clearance there and it still rubs? What are other ways of checking clearance? I assume if you compress the suspension fully. Did you have to do anything to the wing? Pics?
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Does your truck rub? It looks like it will rub in aggressive cornering. Mine doesn't but I trimmed a lot more than you did and it was barely enough.
    That actually isn't mine.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Racer
    Couple questions for you. Looks like you have a huge amount of clearance there and it still rubs? What are other ways of checking clearance? I assume if you compress the suspension fully. Did you have to do anything to the wing? Pics?
    I basically painted the body last (if you paint it first you will have heck of a time trying to figure out where and how to trim. Not to mention the numerous chances to scratch the paint.). The first thing I did was to rough trim the body and set the body post holes and height. Once that's done I mocked the body on the truck and fully push down on it to try to get the chassis flat on the ground. In the process you can see where the wheel is hitting the body since the body is still clear. Then I marked the interfering area and trimmed those out. Then repeat this process until the chassis can lay flat on the table without wheel rubbing the body (for the front I also checked when wheels are fully turned in both direction too). Then I also lifted all the wheels one by one to it's maximum up travel (that will be a bit more than chassis hitting the table, I have long travel rockers installed) and try to roll the body towards that corner a bit more to see if I needed to trim more out of it. The tricky part is try not to make it look like a hack job...(artistic skills anyone lol?) The most time consuming part is constantly mocking, marking, and figuring out how to trim so that the look is still nice. Then the masking part took a while too but not nearly as long as the trimming part (took me more than half a day to trim the stupid thing. Not sure if I wanted to do that again...).

Due to how I wanted it to look, I felt that it will look really strange if I kept trimming more so I stopped there. So as how it looks right now, if I make a big jump and land on one wheel with the body rolling at the same time, that side will rub a little. But generally it is pretty rub free. The wings required some work too (It is Proline Trifecta 1:8 buggy wing mounted on revo stock wing mount, slightly bigger and longer than stock revo wing) as you may be able to see that the rear of the body was trimmed as well so that the body contours along the wing's edge.

RC Racer

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wretep View Post
    How are people doing the wing delete on erevo? Hacksaw? Lol
    Summit's rear handle/bumper mount is interchangeable with revo's wing mount. You can put either or.

RC Racer
    Rubbing also depends on the size of the tires and offset of the wheels too. Revo's 5.9'' Talon may fair a little better than my Proline Masher 6.5". Long travel rockers will also cause extra trouble.

Wow, great write up and pics. I think my only problem would be the over extension unless I bring the body up a touch higher. I guess it all depends on how long of body posts I can get. Know what kind of options there is? I'm also fine with a slight rub under certain conditions like turning and hitting a large bump that bottoms the suspension. It would only happen in a short instance anyways. The stock wing isn't going to look right too, with it being way narrow compared to the body. Is there a huge handling difference without do you think?

Also, any closer pics of your gun metal sections? Does look good.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Racer
    Wow, great write up and pics. I think my only problem would be the over extension unless I bring the body up a touch higher. I guess it all depends on how long of body posts I can get. Know what kind of options there is? I'm also fine with a slight rub under certain conditions like turning and hitting a large bump that bottoms the suspension. It would only happen in a short instance anyways. The stock wing isn't going to look right too, with it being way narrow compared to the body. Is there a huge handling difference without do you think?

Also, any closer pics of your gun metal sections? Does look good.
    For body posts you can use Summit's post. Those are sold separately from the post mounts, unlike revo's. What I found was that the Summit's post are too tall (body sits way apart from bumpers. Looks strange.) so I actually trimmed my original posts (you can only move them down so much before it interferes with the rockers in the rear). One good thing about Summit's posts are they are reinforced front and rear, so that during a flip crash 2 front posts or 2 rear posts can take the loads together (I believe revo has 2 separate posts in the front).

I never tried the Revo's bumper, but when I test mount the body on my Summit, sitting high will give a bit more clearance but the body looks way out of place since it looks like floating in the air rather than mounted on the car. Another problem is the wing. When letting the body sit high it obstructed and disturbed all the flow to the wing, which rendered it useless. When I set it up I managed to level the body with the wing when it is in the higher mounting location.

Also it depends on the body you choose as the shape and mounting height will be all different too. Some bodies will look more like a hack job than others depends on the nature curvatures on the body.

On a side note, do you know any good bashing spots in Calgary or most people just go to Blackfoot RC?
    Last edited by LaserPower; 03-18-2016 at 10:46 AM.

This is a video of one my youtube buddies on an erevo sct

Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    Definitely wheels and wings makes all the difference. Revo and Summits can be converted to 2.2/3.0 SCT wheels and suspension with Slayer parts and any SCT body should fit with little trouble. But if you want 6.5''+ tires, 120mm travel, wings...lol pick up your scissors and dremels!

I have at the moment proline trifecta wings, they come in a pack of two, looks very nice, sure will do well .....
    Live life to the fullest

For body posts you can use Summit's post. Those are sold separately from the post mounts, unlike revo's. What I found was that the Summit's post are too tall (body sits way apart from bumpers. Looks strange.) so I actually trimmed my original posts (you can only move them down so much before it interferes with the rockers in the rear). One good thing about Summit's posts are they are reinforced front and rear, so that during a flip crash 2 front posts or 2 rear posts can take the loads together (I believe revo has 2 separate posts in the front).

I never tried the Revo's bumper, but when I test mount the body on my Summit, sitting high will give a bit more clearance but the body looks way out of place since it looks like floating in the air rather than mounted on the car. Another problem is the wing. When letting the body sit high it obstructed and disturbed all the flow to the wing, which rendered it useless. When I set it up I managed to level the body with the wing when it is in the higher mounting location.

Also it depends on the body you choose as the shape and mounting height will be all different too. Some bodies will look more like a hack job than others depends on the nature curvatures on the body.

On a side note, do you know any good bashing spots in Calgary or most people just go to Blackfoot RC?
    Summit posts work great. All positioned and mounted, just not sure what to do about the wing. The aero for the truck will definitely not be as streamlined as the stock body so the speed runs would probably be out. Especially since the undercarriage overhang and big wheelwells would be a big sail. Would probably be at a disadvantage not having a wing for jumps for stability. Might have to order that trifecta wing if its more to scale with the body, which looks like in your pics. Would just need to elevate somehow.

Good question for calgary bashing spots. I was just at blackfoot a couple weeks ago. Would like to get more track time in. I have thought about running out to waiporous, near the gravel pits there's a good open area. Still looking around local forums like RC sparks to see about in town locations.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Racer
    Wing does not matter at lower speed jumps. The car may jump nose up with aggressive wing angle at higher speed. You can put washers underneath the wing to raise it up, but wing stability may be lost and it will be easier to crack it in a crash due to reduced contact surface between wing and wing mount.

My proline body has cutouts available to reduce parachuting effect. You may do something similar.

I bought the Spaz Stix 5509 gold/green/orange/purple, but I'm not 100% sure I'll be happy with it. Some pics make it look brown, but it should have quite a cool mix of colors that show off the curves I would think. Anybody familiar with this color?

Not much for examples.

This guy won an award for the body but it almost looks metallic brown.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Racer
    Not quite sure about Spaz...All the color on mine are Tamita stuff. I always try the color on a piece of cut off lexan to see the effect before I go nuts on the car.

Changed the color to candy apple red, just to be on the safe side. Really going to pop. Also tested on road and did some high speed turns with no fender clipping, and minimal fender trimming needed. Just about to spray it down.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Ahhhh, my favorite part, the unwrapping. This color is DEEEEP. Of course the pics don't even come close to doing it justice. I couldn't wait to snap some shots before the decals go on.

Last edited by Matrix243; 03-25-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

I shall not drive this thing, ever.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

On the plus side, I think I can mount my gopro to the wing bracket and get some cool shots.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast