RC Racer

Engine upgrade worth while and still 3s?

So I am looking at building another Stampede for myself, and hand mine to my boy. I love this thing, but so does he and I think that now that it is a VXL copy, it should be enough for him. I however and one of those endless pursuit of speed kinda guys. Now I know I could easily follow the Generals recipe, drop in a 2650 on 4s and have a blast, but am wondering if there are any motors that can run really well and stick with 3s without getting too hot?
    Anybody had some good luck with something more powerful than the 3500 system that would be an appreciable difference and still run 3s?

RC Competitor
    Honestly with the 2650 and mmx, I get great performance and run time on 3s. The system is great with 3s and great with 4s. You will not be disappointed if you already like 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by putput View Post
    So I am looking at building another Stampede for myself, and hand mine to my boy. I love this thing, but so does he and I think that now that it is a VXL copy, it should be enough for him. I however and one of those endless pursuit of speed kinda guys. Now I know I could easily follow the Generals recipe, drop in a 2650 on 4s and have a blast, but am wondering if there are any motors that can run really well and stick with 3s without getting too hot?
    Anybody had some good luck with something more powerful than the 3500 system that would be an appreciable difference and still run 3s?
    There has been good reviews on these I have esc and waiting on motor.
    http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/produ...run-esc-wp-sc8 ESC can be found cheaper...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/KERSHAW-DESIGN...-/321779415973
    Last edited by Briber; 03-05-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

+1 for the HW WPSC8. I have one driving my E Maxx with no complaints.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Qualifier
    Sidewinder 1/8 2200 was a huge step up from velineon 3s. I'm loving mine.
    Chances make champions!

RC Qualifier
    The wp sc8 is smooth and reliable especially on 3s. I love mine with a tgy 3190kv.
    That said, if you don't mind spending the extra money on the castle system then do it. You will not be disappointed. The 2650kv is a great fit.

RC Racer
    So I know I wanna go 1/8 scale motor. Both the sidewinder 2200 and the mm2650 are on my radar, but are you just gearing really high to get decent speed with a 3s compared to the 3500 system? My 3500 is fun on 3s with a 14t pinion, but getting a little warmer than I would like. Stays around 150 but would prefer a little cooler.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    After a great deal of research, I went with this:
    Castle Creations Mamba Monster v2, Castle Creations 2650kv motor, 3s LiPo.

Runs well on 2s. Fantastic and very cool temps on 3s. Mental illness on 4s!
    Obstacle Magnet