Thread: Camera

RC Enthusiast

Camera

just ordered the GeekPro 2.0 Camera with a 32GB card. once i get it up and running, i will post a video!

per previous posts, this camera works with the Aton. someone had a video up on youtube with the Aton and this camera, so it should work fine.

has anyone else used the GeekPro with the Aton? Any suggestions or settings i should be aware of?

thanks,

hoOjoE

I have the same camera, you may have change you exp rates. The lens doenst have a filter on it and one of my videos had to much light coming thru.
    TRX4(lots of mods), TCP(will stay with me), Custom Summit, GTP Fiero(in rebuild stage), "My Summit" pic is posted in the Summit gallery........and some other things.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    I have the same camera, you may have change you exp rates. The lens doenst have a filter on it and one of my videos had to much light coming thru.
    ok cool, thanks for the tip!

RC Racer
    I am also using a geekpro 2.0 but I have the plus.it works great.I have compared it to older gopros and it's every bit as good in my oppenion. Good luck

RC Enthusiast
    got my geekpro 2.0 today. this is the first action cam i have seen, it is much smaller than i expected. the case fits the stock traxxas gimble without any issue. i would take it out, but of course, its raining outside! hopefully this weekend i can take it out and ill post some videos on here so you all can check it out!

RC Competitor
    I'm waiting on my Git2 Pro.

Actually, I HAD my Git2 Pro, but, well... let's just say that trying to update firmware on a sport camera, at 4 in the morning, when you can't sleep, isn't such a great idea!

They are sending me a replacement, having sent my original one back.

The Git2 Pro is the exact size of the GoPro Hero 3 and 4, so it fits all of the accessories of the Hero. What sold me, though, was it's onboard software image stabilization! You can find numerous examples of it on YouTube... and it works amazingly well! (Also has a wrist watch type remote control, allowing you to turn on video, stop video, snap a photo and turn camera off, all without touching the quad, from a remote control that straps to your wrist and is water proof)!

Gets rid of nearly all of the shaking in the image, by cropping a small section on the top, bottom, right and left sides.

I figure for a camera that's going to do 90% of it's duty below a quad, having image stabilization is a great feature to have.

Also fit the camera mount on the Aton perfectly, but that was expected.
    Last edited by ShelJW; 03-10-2016 at 06:59 PM.