RC Competitor

Is your truck loud?

Just as title states. My truck running at any speed makes a whining noise. I'm sure if it's normal as bought it used and never heard a different summit

RC Racer
    Check the mesh of your pinion/spur gear.

RC Racer
    Check the slipper clutch tightness.

RC Racer
    Watch a couple video just to get an idea of what it should sound like.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by roachtron View Post
    Watch a couple video just to get an idea of what it should sound like.
    I took it the LHS. They told me it's normal just seems my truck is way louder than my sons slash 4x4

RC Racer
    My Summit makes a decently loud whining noise when in high gear, but as far as I know its completely normal because of the gear reduction

RC Racer
    I recently had a similar issue. A high pitch whining noise from around the slipper clutch area at speed and gets progressively worse as the truck speed up. After inspecting it closely, slipper clutch was normal but I found that the spur gear wobbles a bit as it spins up. I took it apart and found that the bearing inside the spur gear was seized up. Maybe this may help you in some way too.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I followed a young couple taking a romantic hike up a trail one day. The third time the attractive young blonde woman looked back at me in annoyance, I FINALLY got the hint that being followed by a noisy RC truck - however cool - was NOT what she had signed up for. I let them get about a minute ahead, and that, along with my habit of getting distracted by shiny things off-trail, made everybody happy.
    Moral of the story: whether stock or Dewalt, it's a drill motor with an fair number of moving parts attached and that is what it sounds like!
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...it-run-quieter
    Alt-248 on the number pad =